Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Ken's Blog 
Post Re: Ken's Blog
Patrick wrote:
Pedro wrote:
Since a lot of the posts about his blog were continuing to take over the other topic, I have decided to "act a moderator," which is kind of like acting a fool, and split shit up. I'm sure you'll forgive me.

Sincerely,
Management

I thought Trevor came back :cry: :cry: :cry:

Trevor was like the T-1000 of moderators. That was cool and I miss the guy.

But seriously, good decision Pedro. You've accidentally left in a few posts that have nothing to do with Ken's blog and are very much about "My Life". Well, not "my" life but other people's lives. You know what I mean.

Thu May 05, 2011 12:00 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Pedro wrote:
Since a lot of the posts about his blog were continuing to take over the other topic, I have decided to "act a moderator," which is kind of like acting a fool, and split shit up. I'm sure you'll forgive me.

Sincerely,
Management

I thought Trevor came back :cry: :cry: :cry:

Trevor was like the T-1000 of moderators. That was cool and I miss the guy.

But seriously, good decision Pedro. You've accidentally left in a few posts that have nothing to do with Ken's blog and are very much about "My Life". Well, not "my" life but other people's lives. You know what I mean.

Thanks for catching that, Ed. Hopefully, all of the posts have been accounted for.

Thu May 05, 2011 1:32 pm
New entry.

Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 am
Ken wrote:

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!
Really enjoyed reading this - way better - congratulations.

More, more, more
How about a film that you personally love that is not a universally agreed masterpiece

Nice job!
Rob

Mon May 09, 2011 5:53 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
Ken wrote:

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!
Really enjoyed reading this - way better - congratulations.

More, more, more
How about a film that you personally love that is not a universally agreed masterpiece

Nice job!
Rob

Until I'd read Rob's comment, I'd had little desire to read another of Ken's reviews. Slamming just to slam, and knitting minute details into 'major' flaws was getting old. While I didn't enjoy the movie "Taxi Driver", I enjoyed this review of it. The aspects of the film from which Ken drew showed attention to details that I, as a reader, appreciated reliving through his eyes.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:00 am
BORING!

What's so interesting about another review that praises Taxi Driver? Everyone loves it. I would prefer to see someone take it apart, even though I love the movie.

If you really want to write a positive review that's interesting then write about something most people hate. Something like Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist.

Mon May 09, 2011 12:41 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
BORING!

What's so interesting about another review that praises Taxi Driver? Everyone loves it. I would prefer to see someone take it apart, even though I love the movie.

If you really want to write a positive review that's interesting then write about something most people hate. Something like Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist.

Come on Ed.

Ken trashes well loved films and we don't like it
Ken compliments well loved films and we don't like it

What to do?
Rob

Mon May 09, 2011 12:56 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
BORING!

Everyone may love it, but not always for the same reasons. Just because his review shares the high praise of most other reviews doesn't mean he doesn't offer some new perspective. Despite being about a film he loves and not one he detests, I found the review to be much more colorful than some of the others. He shouldn't avoid writing about a widely praised film just because it's widely praised. Either way, it was a good post. Articulate, insightful, and enjoyable.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Timmy Shoes wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
BORING!

Everyone may love it, but not always for the same reasons. Just because his review shares the high praise of most other reviews doesn't mean he doesn't offer some new perspective. Despite being about a film he loves and not one he detests, I found the review to be much more colorful than some of the others. He shouldn't avoid writing about a widely praised film just because it's widely praised. Either way, it was a good post. Articulate, insightful, and enjoyable.

Exactly, none of are professionals and that was nicely done
Rob

Mon May 09, 2011 4:20 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
BORING!

Come on Ed.

Ken trashes well loved films and we don't like it
Ken compliments well loved films and we don't like it

What to do?
Rob

Easy, tell us to go fuck ourselves and write the stuff that Ken wants to write about.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:42 pm
Patrick wrote:
Easy, tell us to go fuck ourselves and write the stuff that Ken wants to write about.

Bah, Ken should only write about what I want him to write. Who does he think he is, choosing his own topics and all?

Tue May 10, 2011 2:19 pm
New blog entry: Ghost Rider: Retread of Vengeance

Sun May 15, 2011 9:03 pm
Good CGI vs. Bad CGI.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:06 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

ed_metal_head wrote:
Bah, Ken should only write about what I want him to write. Who does he think he is, choosing his own topics and all?

Ken wrote:
Good CGI vs. Bad CGI. [I recently rewatched Paul Schrader’s Dominion: Prequel to The Exorcist....]

Attachment:
goldeneye.jpg
goldeneye.jpg [ 13.71 KiB | Viewed 1983 times ]

Mon May 23, 2011 2:07 pm
New on my blog: a roundtable discussion of the Copacabana scene in Goodfellas.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 pm
The server that has housed my blog for the past four years exploded last night and everything is gone. Thank you to everybody who has taken the time to read it, whatever their opinion of it, and I will be considering my options after I've reviewed what materials I have saved on my own hard drives.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to scream until I pass out.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 pm
Ken wrote:
The server that has housed my blog for the past four years exploded last night and everything is gone. Thank you to everybody who has taken the time to read it, whatever their opinion of it, and I will be considering my options after I've reviewed what materials I have saved on my own hard drives.

You're so cute when you scream, lover. Now I hope this reaches you before you do actually pass out. You're working with limited time here so do this asap.

Google your site via the URL "http://ievolvedintothis.com/". Hit the "cached" link. Google will have a cached version for a limited period of time. Could be a few days, could be a few more hours. Links won't be clickable, that just takes you away from the cached version. That means more google-ing. Want that article about religion you wrote in 2009? Google your site, "religion", "2009" and, again, go for the "cached" version. It's a tedious process, I know, but you might be able to save everything.

If it's too late for the Google cached version then try Archive's "Way Back Machine". I tried and unfortunately you'll only be able to see your site from as late as February 2009. That's not great, but at least you'll be able to save something.
http://web.archive.org/web/20090217145408/http://ievolvedintothis.com/

Now, get on it, cutie pie.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 am
Already done--recovered about 25 entries via Google, plus maybe a dozen more scraped together from drafts on my hard drives.

Nevertheless, this is going to be a huge pain in the ass. Compounded with the fact that everything else on the same server, including the forum I administrate, is also gone and will have to be restored in some form.

I am currently synthesizing my own form of 4 Loko, consisting of coffee and cheap beer.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:39 am
Ken wrote:

In all seriousness, I'm sorry that this sad event has befallen you. This has happened to me before, and it utterly blows. I feel you, dude.

Do you have any external drives? If not, imo buy at least two when you start hardcore blogging again.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 am
Whoops, nevermind, Ed beat em to it XD. Constructive Phil - 0, Asshole Phil 0- 134,546,000

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next