Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:41 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column" 
Author Message
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
H.I. McDonough wrote:
Dragonbeard wrote:
Is Michael Bay an idiot for not wanting to exclude his target audience from seeing his movies? Nahh.


No, but he IS an idiot for (possibly) denying the world a view of Scarlett's bare rack in her physical prime. :P

Quote:
Roger Donaldson said one of the most difficult days of filming was when he filmed the brothel scene. The scene called for the women to be walking around wearing only garters. However, Donaldson said that when he went to film the scene he discovered that most of the women shaved their genitals, which would have been anachronistic for 1971. So the actresses had to wear pubic wigs called "merkins." This caused a problem because the merkins were hard to secure in place and kept slipping, causing Donaldson much aggravation.


Kate WInslet has said she also wore one in "The Reader." One has to wonder how/why this (the shaving/extreme grooming, that is) suddenly became commonplace after years of very few women caring. It can't be purely to wear skimpier bikini bottoms, can it? :?: Sometimes I can't help but miss nice ol' rugs like Jenny Agutter's in "Equus." :oops:


Without wanting to be too indiscrete there are major advantages to us with women shaving!
Rob


Mon May 02, 2011 1:14 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
From what I understand, maintenance of personal hygiene vis a vis the female organs is much easier in the absence of hair.

Therefore, I am not complaining.


Mon May 02, 2011 1:17 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Ken wrote:
From what I understand, maintenance of personal hygiene vis a vis the female organs is much easier in the absence of hair.

Therefore, I am not complaining.


Hygiene was not exactly my point, but OK.
I was thinking more about two people having a good time
Rob


Mon May 02, 2011 1:27 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Oh.

Well, there are benefits there, too, I suppose. If I could choose between rolling over and going to sleep or spending 15 minutes to pick the hairs from between my teeth, I'd rather opt for sleep.

(If this is a little uncouth, I apologize. I'm three beers in and making a pot of rotini alfredo. The sauce hasn't finished boiling down yet, and I've just been munching on the cooked noodles like popcorn.)


Mon May 02, 2011 1:29 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
So where do you live to be cooking at this time
It's 10:40pm West Coast
Rob


Mon May 02, 2011 1:38 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
It's about 3:00 AM now. Pasta's finished and leftovers are in the refrigerator.

We tend to cook when we're hungry in this household.


Mon May 02, 2011 2:51 am
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3059
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
H.I. McDonough wrote:
Dragonbeard wrote:
Is Michael Bay an idiot for not wanting to exclude his target audience from seeing his movies? Nahh.


No, but he IS an idiot for (possibly) denying the world a view of Scarlett's bare rack in her physical prime. :P

Quote:
Roger Donaldson said one of the most difficult days of filming was when he filmed the brothel scene. The scene called for the women to be walking around wearing only garters. However, Donaldson said that when he went to film the scene he discovered that most of the women shaved their genitals, which would have been anachronistic for 1971. So the actresses had to wear pubic wigs called "merkins." This caused a problem because the merkins were hard to secure in place and kept slipping, causing Donaldson much aggravation.


Kate WInslet has said she also wore one in "The Reader." One has to wonder how/why this (the shaving/extreme grooming, that is) suddenly became commonplace after years of very few women caring. It can't be purely to wear skimpier bikini bottoms, can it? :?: Sometimes I can't help but miss nice ol' rugs like Jenny Agutter's in "Equus." :oops:


Christina Ricci had to grow both armpit hair and public hair for her nude scene(s) in BEL AMI - it's a period piece and her "usual shaving" was disallowed by the director. He also didn't want fake hair, so she had to stop shaving everything three weeks before filming began.

Pubic shaving is primarily an American thing. It's not nearly as prominent overseas. It's believed that the trend resulted from the mainstreaming of porn. Most porn actresses shaved. As more Americans watched porn, they were impressed by the aesthetics (or something else) associated with shaving. The popularity of waxing is also up.


Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 1374
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Quote:
Pubic shaving is primarily an American thing.


not in my experience.

Quote:
It's believed that the trend resulted from the mainstreaming of porn. Most porn actresses shaved. As more Americans watched porn, they were impressed by the aesthetics (or something else) associated with shaving. The popularity of waxing is also up.


porn actresses weren't shaving in the 80s(at least not much) to my recollection. that only became common in 90s porn.

its much more pleasant for both parties if both do some grooming. its baffling to me that previous generations just dealt with a mouthful of hair all the time, I don't give a hoot about 'aesthetics of shaving,' it just seems like common sense to me.


Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 pm
Posts: 1144
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Ken wrote:
Well, there are benefits there, too, I suppose. If I could choose between rolling over and going to sleep or spending 15 minutes to pick the hairs from between my teeth, I'd rather opt for sleep.


Well, seeing as I'm not into oral sex at all (or pre-pubescent girls :| ), shaving offers very little benefit for me. Personally, I like a woman having something there through which I can run my fingers. :oops:


Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm
Profile
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
H.I. McDonough wrote:
Ken wrote:
Well, there are benefits there, too, I suppose. If I could choose between rolling over and going to sleep or spending 15 minutes to pick the hairs from between my teeth, I'd rather opt for sleep.


Well, seeing as I'm not into oral sex at all (or pre-pubescent girls :| ), shaving offers very little benefit for me. Personally, I like a woman having something there through which I can run my fingers. :oops:


"It's like a sheep!"

I know that British girls like to keep a tidy hedge and the most common reasons I've heard are for aesthetics, to keep cool and to avoid thrush.

I personally like to do the same, as I am a rather hairy individual who has had the misfortune to have inherited the sort of hair of which Stig of the Dump would be particularly proud.

(My display photo is actually me)


Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 pm
Director

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm
Posts: 1374
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Quote:
Well, seeing as I'm not into oral sex at all


wow, good luck in your future relationships.


Mon May 02, 2011 7:04 pm
Profile
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
calvero wrote:
Quote:
Well, seeing as I'm not into oral sex at all


wow, good luck in your future relationships.

Yeah, better start counting the days! :lol:


Mon May 02, 2011 7:17 pm
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Vexer wrote:
calvero wrote:
Quote:
Well, seeing as I'm not into oral sex at all


wow, good luck in your future relationships.

Yeah, better start counting the days! :lol:



HI - Oral sex is a good thing
Even better when she's hairless
I don't know thatI've ever met or heard of a guy who's not into mutual oral sex
To misquote Sexy Vexey - Good luck
Rob


Tue May 03, 2011 12:35 am
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 pm
Posts: 1144
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
I should've known by going down this path that my 'unconventional' views on sex/sexuality would get some flak. :? Of course, my total refusal to ever procreate (i.e. the main function of sex in the first place -- remember?) is pretty much already enough of a dealbreaker. :ugeek:


Tue May 03, 2011 8:51 am
Profile
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
H.I. McDonough wrote:
I should've known by going down this path that my 'unconventional' views on sex/sexuality would get some flak. :? Of course, my total refusal to ever procreate (i.e. the main function of sex in the first place -- remember?) is pretty much already enough of a dealbreaker. :ugeek:


Hi,
You're not getting flak, just some surprised comments.
The main purpose of sex is for procreation, hmmm.
Next thing is you'll be saying that the main purpose of movies is for education :-)
Have fun!
Rob


Tue May 03, 2011 10:42 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
I'm currently trying to pinpoint the exact comment that made James regret writing this Reelthought. But you know what? It's all on topic! Kind of...

In either case, you guys are great :D


Tue May 03, 2011 12:47 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:56 am
Posts: 55
Location: Montreal, Canada
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Yep, I guess it took the subject of cunning linguists to get a posting frenzy. I love it!

Now let's talk about the beneficial effects of premarital salad-tossing in the VideoViews section to get people to contribute ;-)

_________________
I write books
http://stevericherbooks.com


Tue May 03, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Robert Holloway wrote:

HI - Oral sex is a good thing
Even better when she's hairless
I don't know thatI've ever met or heard of a guy who's not into mutual oral sex
To misquote Sexy Vexey - Good luck
Rob


I don't like receiving it and I'm picky as to who I'd give such pleasures.


Wed May 04, 2011 9:02 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Dragonbeard wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:

HI - Oral sex is a good thing
Even better when she's hairless
I don't know thatI've ever met or heard of a guy who's not into mutual oral sex
To misquote Sexy Vexey - Good luck
Rob


I don't like receiving it and I'm picky as to who I'd give such pleasures.

Wow, a guy who DOSEN'T like receiving oral sex?! :shock: I didn't know such people even existed! :lol:


Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 am
Post Re: April 14, 2011: "The 2011 Nudity Column"
Vexer wrote:
Dragonbeard wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:

HI - Oral sex is a good thing
Even better when she's hairless
I don't know thatI've ever met or heard of a guy who's not into mutual oral sex
To misquote Sexy Vexey - Good luck
Rob


I don't like receiving it and I'm picky as to who I'd give such pleasures.

Wow, a guy who DOSEN'T like receiving oral sex?! :shock: I didn't know such people even existed! :lol:

Eh, I'm not really a fan.


Wed May 04, 2011 12:40 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr