Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Suggestion: A "great posts" sticky 
Post Suggestion: A "great posts" sticky
I've been browsing some forums lately (don't worry Reelviews, it was media player related. I'm not cheating on you ;) ) and on almost every one noticed a sticky in the General section that linked to some of the "great" posts/topics that have long gone. Imho, this is a good idea. It's just one topic with links to some of the better stuff (maybe the results of the two Reelviews Awards, Rob's Journey, majoraphasia's exploitation thread, etc).

Thoughts?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 pm
Post Re: Suggestion: A "great posts" sticky
I like this idea although I'm not very familiar with it. Is it like a "quick view" thing where instead of searching through the archives it's on the index page? And who would decide what the "great posts" are? I do like the ones you mentioned there, though, Ed.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:23 pm
ram1312 wrote:
I like this idea although I'm not very familiar with it. Is it like a "quick view" thing where instead of searching through the archives it's on the index page? And who would decide what the "great posts" are? I do like the ones you mentioned there, though, Ed.

"Yes" to your first question. I guess it would be just one topic sticky-ed in the General Forum that has text links to the best threads/posts. Users should be able to nominate a topic/post and once enough people agree it gets a link in the sticky.

It's less a shortcut to searching through the forum than something to help new users/lurkers find some of the best stuff.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:43 pm
If you want to make the thread, then make it and I'll sticky it

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 pm