Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
Game of Thrones 
Post Re: Game of Thrones
Thanks Ragnarok.

I am so looking forward to Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister. I think that's just perfect casting.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:52 pm
I picture Tyrion to be a little more rounder than Dinklage, although when the project was announced, I immediately thought of Dinklage to be cast. There aren't too many "little people" actors that come to mind. We seem to get a "popular one" every 10-15 years or so (the Michael Dunns, Billy Bartys, Warwick Davises and David Rappaports of the world).

I could start a new thread (Favorite roles by a little person)...but that just doesn't seem right.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am
Here's the behind-the-scenes featurette that was recently aired on HBO for GoT:

Game of Thrones: Behind the Scenes

Among the most interesting shots for me in the short featurette were Emilia Clarke as Daenarys Targaryen and Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister. It whetted my appetite for the show which is still several months away. :(

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:55 pm
That is just great Ragnarok!

According to Amazon, Dance with Dragons come out in September 2011. Could be a great year for Thrones fans.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am
It's about time for an update after so many weeks, especially as we get ever closer to the airing date for this anticipated series! First off: I've updated the original post to reflect casting changes.

Next, here is a link to a longer behind-the-scenes trailer for the series:

Inside Game of Thrones - Extended Version

Damnit, I can't wait for this series to start! I also can't wait for Martin to finally finish that damn 5th book already! HURRY UP, MARTIN!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:44 pm
We now have a definitive air date for the first episode of the series:

April 17.
Mark the date on your calendars, my friends.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:56 pm
Duly marked!

Now, if I only could watch HBO... :roll:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:42 am
MunichMan wrote:
Duly marked!

Now, if I only could watch HBO... :roll:

Is it not available through satellite in Germany? If not on TV, would internet streaming TV be an option? There has to be an option for Europe somewhere, especially since this show is at least partly a British production.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:25 pm
Not that I'm aware of. I do (through cable) get TNT and TMC as well as TNT Series, which is where I see most of my US television series, and there are a few other channels that show films in the original language (multi-channel rocks). There is a chance that GOT will come on TNT Series, which would be awesome. If not, I will just have to wait until I can acquire it through (cough) alternate means.

Let's just say I am happy to have a very fast internet connection. Still it took me about 6 days to download the entire DS9... ;)

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm
MunichMan wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. I do (through cable) get TNT and TMC as well as TNT Series, which is where I see most of my US television series, and there are a few other channels that show films in the original language (multi-channel rocks). There is a chance that GOT will come on TNT Series, which would be awesome. If not, I will just have to wait until I can acquire it through (cough) alternate means.

Let's just say I am happy to have a very fast internet connection. Still it took me about 6 days to download the entire DS9... ;)

Perhaps you could take trips to North America every Sunday night (I'm assuming that it will be on Sundays given the first air date). ;)

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:36 pm
It's probably the best reason you'll find all year to move to this side of the pond.

I've almost got my wife convinced we need HBO for this. Each time I mention it the "no" seems a little less heartfelt.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:24 pm
Worthing wrote:
It's probably the best reason you'll find all year to move to this side of the pond.

I've almost got my wife convinced we need HBO for this. Each time I mention it the "no" seems a little less heartfelt.

I'm already paying for extra channels in my current cable package, so when April rolls around, I'm just going to swap channels so that I get the HBO feed in my area. I am NOT missing this show, at all.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 pm
This is one of the only reasons I'm keeping HBO for now. I've had the channel on and off (predominantly "on") for about 20 years now. Boardwalk Empire was OK; Curb Your Enthusiasm is good; the movies I can get off of Neflix...and the TV series if I wait long enough, I suppose. Once I get through Game Of Thrones, we'll see, though.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:03 am
johnny larue wrote:
...the movies I can get off of Neflix...and the TV series if I wait long enough, I suppose. Once I get through Game Of Thrones, we'll see, though.

That's the thing. Logically I know I can wait a year for the DVD on Netflix. Logically I know that they'll roll through four seasons and we'll still be waiting for Martin to finish book #5, so clearly I can wait.

Dammit, I can't wait though!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 pm
Worthing wrote:
That's the thing. Logically I know I can wait a year for the DVD on Netflix. Logically I know that they'll roll through four seasons and we'll still be waiting for Martin to finish book #5, so clearly I can wait.

Dammit, I can't wait though!

I've just resigned myself to the likelihood that Martin isn't going to have that book finished for at least another year or so. I'm glad that the TV series is here, as it could fill the waiting gap if it's good enough.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:41 pm
September 2011!!!

So says George on his blog and Amazon on its web site.

Still, I'll believe it when I hold it in my hand...

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm
MunichMan wrote:
September 2011!!!

So says George on his blog and Amazon on its web site.

Still, I'll believe it when I hold it in my hand...

This. I've been trying to stop thinking about it at all, since it's possible that the book will be delayed if the show turns out to be a huge success.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:02 pm
I came across this video clip from HBO's GoT site that was released recently featuring a small interview with Maisie Williams on her role of Arya Stark. This is the first time I've actually heard Maisie speaking about her work in the upcoming series, and it's increased my anticipation for this show.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:07 pm
Rangnarok, thanks for that! The Artisan video clips are fantastic and, as you said, increasing my anticipation for the show. The attention to detail and care that appears to have gone into the set design, costumes, etc. bodes very, very well.

Too bad I'll have to wait an extra year for the DVDs. Well, at least by that time, the last book should be out.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:37 am
MunichMan wrote:
Too bad I'll have to wait an extra year for the DVDs. Well, at least by that time, the last book should be out.

"Last book"...I thought Martin was going to need 2 more to wrap this pig up.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next