Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Second Annual ReelViews Academy Awards 
Critic

Post Re: The Second Annual ReelViews Academy Awards
Pedro wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Pedro wrote:
No, the dog didn't perform on its own volition.

I've been struggling with the Dogtooth people. I want to say the father's the lead and everyone else is supporting, but maybe there are three leads and the mother, father, and Christina are supporting. Thoughts?

Yeah--the movie sucks and shouldn't be nominated.

My previous attempts to respond to this have either been snarky or flat out mean, so let's just say that this doesn't answer my query. :lol:

Good for you Pedro! Rise above me!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:31 pm
I have one of the Dogtooth girls on my shortlist and I've place her in the "Lead" category. I certainly wouldn't mind bumping her down to supporting though. The distinction isn't really clear here.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:33 pm
Only of the cast is getting picked by me. Aggeliki Papoulia (trips off the tongue, doesn't it?) is the Older Daughter and one of my picks for best lead. I have no idea who is lead or supporting in the movie but since she's the one the movie is ultimately about she seems like a lead to me.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:39 pm
So since Noe shot Enter the Void in English I'm guessing we're not putting it in the Foreign Language Film category, or are we?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:23 pm
JJoshay wrote:
So since Noe shot Enter the Void in English I'm guessing we're not putting it in the Foreign Language Film category, or are we?

If we did, we'd have to include The King's Speech, too. Enter the Void is not valid in the Foreign Language category.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 am
majoraphasia wrote:
Only of the cast is getting picked by me. Aggeliki Papoulia (trips off the tongue, doesn't it?) is the Older Daughter and one of my picks for best lead. I have no idea who is lead or supporting in the movie but since she's the one the movie is ultimately about she seems like a lead to me.

Okay, I've thought about it and I'm ultimately siding with major. The Older Daughter and Brother characters are leads. Everyone else is supporting.

Also, Leaves of Grass is eligible for stuff, in case anyone was off-put by the 2009 release date on IMDb.

I'll periodically make category confusion posts here, as I have been, as they come to me. I'll also probably extend the voting cut-off to after the Oscars, unless there's a significant outcry.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 pm
Pedro wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

Okay, I've thought about it and I'm ultimately siding with major. The Older Daughter and Brother characters are leads. Everyone else is supporting.

Also, Leaves of Grass is eligible for stuff, in case anyone was off-put by the 2009 release date on IMDb.

I'll periodically make category confusion posts here, as I have been, as they come to me. I'll also probably extend the voting cut-off to after the Oscars, unless there's a significant outcry.

This changes everything.

Well, not really, but I do have to re-consider one or two things. I know Shade is excited about Leaves of Grass being eligible.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 pm
So I know the deadline for this is tomorrow, but is there any chance of pushing it back an extra week? Mainly because Fish Tank comes out on the 22nd, as well as Get Low and Let Me In at redbox (tough to justify the Blockbuster prices anymore). I'm not sure how many lists have been turned in, but maybe the extra time would be beneficial to everyone.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 pm
Blonde Almond wrote:
So I know the deadline for this is tomorrow, but is there any chance of pushing it back an extra week? Mainly because Fish Tank comes out on the 22nd, as well as Get Low and Let Me In at redbox (tough to justify the Blockbuster prices anymore). I'm not sure how many lists have been turned in, but maybe the extra time would be beneficial to everyone.

Yeah, I'm fine with pushing it back. Get votes in by the 9:00 PM PST on the 28th of February. I'll start counting the votes that night.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:23 pm
Pedro wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:

Yeah, I'm fine with pushing it back. Get votes in by the 9:00 PM PST on the 28th of February. I'll start counting the votes that night.

Hey now, aren't we "competing" with the Oscars? Those are on the 27th so it would kind of suck if we only announce our nominees on the 28th. Unless, of course, we kill the second "voting" phase of the awards.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:37 pm
Critic

ed_metal_head wrote:
Pedro wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:

Hey now, aren't we "competing" with the Oscars? Those are on the 27th so it would kind of suck if we only announce our nominees on the 28th. Unless, of course, we kill the second "voting" phase of the awards.

I'm with Ed here, even though I haven't submitted mine yet.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:27 pm
Whoops, I didn't even realize there was more than one phase of voting. I have a preliminary one ready to go, but Fish Tank was the one late release that I thought might have a chance of making my list. Everything is pretty much set in stone though, so we don't have to postpone the deadline.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:59 pm
*shrug* Okay then. PM ME VOTES IN THE NEXT TWENTY-FOUR HOURS THAT MEANS EVERYONE. Even you, Vexer.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:17 am
Pedro wrote:
*shrug* Okay then. PM ME VOTES IN THE NEXT TWENTY-FOUR HOURS THAT MEANS EVERYONE. Even you, Vexer.

So far, six people have messaged me votes. I want at least FOURTEEN more PMs tonight! So Ed, Pete, Kunz, ram, bob, Blonde, major, Patrick, Zeppelin, Vexer, Rob, Shade, Phil, and Vexer: I want votes from all of you!!!

I'm probably not going to get what I want.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:55 pm
Pedro wrote:
Pedro wrote:

So far, six people have messaged me votes. I want at least FOURTEEN more PMs tonight! So Ed, Pete, Kunz, ram, bob, Blonde, major, Patrick, Zeppelin, Vexer, Rob, Shade, Phil, and Vexer: I want votes from all of you!!!

Oh noes, I'm exposed! I was waiting for the last second trying to find worthy nominees. To that end I looked at Stone last night. It won't be nominated by me for anything (although the acting was decent).

I promise to PM you by...oh shit, I'm just gonna send it out now.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:03 pm
Director

Ouch only five other people? I've heard of apathetic electorates but this must take the cake...

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:17 pm
firefly wrote:
Ouch only five other people? I've heard of apathetic electorates but this must take the cake...

Last year was fairly similar. There was a noticeable influx of people on the last day of voting, but still not enough to prevent The Girlfriend Experience from getting into the top ten. :lol:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:18 pm
Just so you know, I'm doing this on the fly you demanding son of a bitch! Or it's just what I get for blatantly ignoring the deadline. Either way, I'll be PMing you within the hour.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:28 pm
Pedro wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Vexer is so important that Pedro mentions him twice!

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 pm
firefly wrote:

Hey, I love it - this way, my Sarah Jessica Parker for Best Actor nomination is bound to have an impact! Go SATC2!

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next