Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Least Deserving of the Best Picture Nods 

Which of these things just doesn't belong?
127 Hours 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Black Swan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Fighter 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Inception 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
The Kids Are All Right 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
The King's Speech 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Social Network 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Toy Story 3 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
True Grit 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Winter's Bone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Least Deserving of the Best Picture Nods 
Critic

Post Least Deserving of the Best Picture Nods
Academy Award themed polls keep on rolling...

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:52 pm
Post Re: Least Deserving of the Best Picture Nods
I went with The Kids Are All Right. It was among my 10 best films of the year but it's (barely) my least favourite of the 5 nominees that I've seen.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 am
I also picked The Kids Are All Right, though it's tough because I gave each of the nominated films a B or higher. Behind The Kids Are All Right is The Fighter.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:03 am
Book another one for The Kids Are Alright because, like those kids, that movie was just alright. It's standard movie of the week stuff except, you know, with lesbians.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 am
PeachyPete wrote:
Book another one for The Kids Are Alright because, like those kids, that movie was just alright.

This would have been funny if the picture was actually titled The Kids Are Alright!

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:39 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
Book another one for The Kids Are Alright because, like those kids, that movie was just alright.

This would have been funny if the picture was actually titled The Kids Are Alright!

Well, that's embarrassing. I deserve to be called out for that. I must have been to eager to get my play on words out. Or, I'm just an idiot.

Still, that movie wasn't very good. The sentiment stands. Of course, who respects the opinion of someone who can't get the movie title right? That guy's probably a moron.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:07 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Well, that's embarrassing. I deserve to be called out for that. I must have been to eager to get my play on words out. Or, I'm just an idiot.

Still, that movie wasn't very good. The sentiment stands. Of course, who respects the opinion of someone who can't get the movie title right? That guy's probably a moron.

http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&keywords=the+kids+are+alright

Half the forum gets it wrong, myself included. I was actually shocked when I noticed the real spelling some time ago.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:25 pm
Critic

I'm a movie title snob. I always correct my wife when she adds a "the" or "a" in front of a title that doesn't warrant one. She thinks this is decidedly unfair because her native language doesn't feature articles. I think she's probably right. Meh.

My vote was for The Fighter--nothing interesting or "Best" about it at all.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:15 pm
I going with The Fighter on this one. It was a solid flick and it featured some Oscar-worthy acting but the movie itself wasn't anything truly special. Most people are casting votes for The Kids Are All Right and I'm not surprised by that but I was personally drawn in by that particular film more than most. I guess I'm just a sucker for a well-made film about families and relationships.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 pm