Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:35 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
My Life 
Author Message
Post Re: My Life
majoraphasia wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Got a new job in Indy which starts 2/28. Yeah, it was a good day


Congratulations on that. Is the new job in your field?


Shockingly yes


Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 pm
Post Re: My Life
Patrick wrote:
Got a new job in Indy which starts 2/28. Yeah, it was a good day



Patrick

Really really pleased to read this for you! Congratulations.
I hope that it works out well for you

Rob


Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Re: My Life
Patrick wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Got a new job in Indy which starts 2/28. Yeah, it was a good day


Congratulations on that. Is the new job in your field?


Shockingly yes


That's great news. Dust off that Java and warm up the SQL. It's time to do some penetration testing!


Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:04 pm
Post Re: My Life
ed_metal_head wrote:
That's great news. Dust off that Java and warm up the SQL. It's time to do some penetration testing!


Sadly enough, I am going to be using Java...but Oracle is involved.


Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 pm
Post Re: My Life
Patrick wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
That's great news. Dust off that Java and warm up the SQL. It's time to do some penetration testing!


Sadly enough, I am going to be using Java...but Oracle is involved.


Sadly? Java is a nice enough language but I have my doubts about its future now that it's Oracle owned. Good luck, man. Fuck that JDBC in its C.


Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:34 pm
Post Re: My Life
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
That's great news. Dust off that Java and warm up the SQL. It's time to do some penetration testing!


Sadly enough, I am going to be using Java...but Oracle is involved.


Sadly? Java is a nice enough language but I have my doubts about its future now that it's Oracle owned. Good luck, man. Fuck that JDBC in its C.


No, the sadly comes that you predicted what I was working with correctly.


Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:33 pm
Post Re: My Life
I recently got back from vacationing in Costa Rica for a few weeks. I highly recommend Costa Rica as a vacation spot for anyone. I would be a second semester sophomore but I'm taking the semester off and in April I'm going to Bangkok to volunteer for 6 weeks. There I'll be teaching conversational english to little Thai kids.


Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:11 pm
Post Re: My Life
spencerworth34 wrote:
I recently got back from vacationing in Costa Rica for a few weeks. I highly recommend Costa Rica as a vacation spot for anyone. I would be a second semester sophomore but I'm taking the semester off and in April I'm going to Bangkok to volunteer for 6 weeks. There I'll be teaching conversational english to little Thai kids.


That great to hear, Spence. I remember that you started a thread about volunteering so it's great to hear that you're going through with it. Let us know how it goes.


Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 pm
Post Re: My Life
Looks like I'll be forgoing movies for as long as it takes to watch The Tudors.


Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:19 am
Post Re: My Life
Ken wrote:
Looks like I'll be forgoing movies for as long as it takes to watch The Tudors.


Funny. I think I've made a similar involuntary agreement with 30 Rock recently. Today I watched twelve episodes of it with my roommate. Twelve! That's a little over 4 hours. This is why I never watch television; The shows are either trash or I get obsessed with them and can't do anything else with my free time until I've consumed the entire series voraciously. I'll be pleased when I have my life back from Liz Lemon and co.


Last edited by Zeppelin on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:28 am
Post Re: My Life
I have no concept of Tudors except that the star is now of interest to me. Thankfully, I hear it's good.


Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:45 am
Post Re: My Life
Ken wrote:
Looks like I'll be forgoing movies for as long as it takes to watch The Tudors.


This made me laugh because when I saw the story last night I immediately wondered how you'd feel about the casting.

I saw Season 1 of The Tudors but I'm not 100% certain who the actor is. I believe he plays Henry's best friend who (*historical spoiler alert*) goes on to diddle Henry's sister. Good luck with the series. It was interesting but the pace is glacial at best. They're also far too much in love with pretty faces on that show which makes for nice eye candy but don't expect great acting or historical accuracy.


Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 pm
Post Re: My Life
I've been going through all the seasons of "Friends" in order(currently i'm up to season 7, also planning on watching some "Will And Grace" reminds of when NBC actually had shows that were worth watching, but pretty much everything on NBC now is garbage.


Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:31 pm
Post Re: My Life
So today I find out a girl mugged another at gunpoint within one of my school's bathrooms.

Looks like...Image

School's back in session.



YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!


Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:41 pm
Post Re: My Life
I'm getting hype for Black History Month. For a while, I just wasn't feeling it.


Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 am
Post Re: My Life
Vexer wrote:
I've been going through all the seasons of "Friends" in order(currently i'm up to season 7, also planning on watching some "Will And Grace" reminds of when NBC actually had shows that were worth watching, but pretty much everything on NBC now is garbage.


I enjoy Community, Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock more than I ever enjoyed Friends and Will & Grace.


Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:20 am
Post Re: My Life
AJR wrote:
Vexer wrote:
I've been going through all the seasons of "Friends" in order(currently i'm up to season 7, also planning on watching some "Will And Grace" reminds of when NBC actually had shows that were worth watching, but pretty much everything on NBC now is garbage.


I enjoy Community, Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock more than I ever enjoyed Friends and Will & Grace.

Eh, 30 Rock is OK-ish I guess, but it's not really funny enough for me to watch it on a regular basis, and I have no urge whatsoever to watch Community and Parks and Recreation as neither of them look at all appealing.


Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:49 am
Post Re: My Life
Oh, Community is easily one of the best comedies on TV right now. Just a clever, fun show all round.

Unlike a lot of people, I don’t hate Friends, but I think it ran out of steam pretty early, and just kept going and going and going and….

Will & Grace though? Never found it funny. Just kind of dull


Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 am
Post Re: My Life
Well I don't watch much TV in general anymore as there's very little on that looks appealing to me anymore(Community dosen't look the least bit "clever" or "funny" to me) Pretty much the only thing I watch on TV regularly nowadays is Animation Domination on FOX(though i'll always skip watching the unholy abortion AKA Bob's Burgers) And your sentence about Will And Grace perfectly describes how I felt about Arrested Development, Everybody Loves Raymond, and My Name Is Earl, I will NEVER understood why everyone loved those shows so much, they're were all excruciatingly unfunny and I was jumping for joy when they all got cancelled.


Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:48 pm
Post Re: My Life
Man, you’re affected that much by TV shows you don’t like? I mean, shows I think are awful get cancelled all the time, and I never feel strongly one way or another. If I’m not watching, it doesn’t bother me.

Of those three you listed, Arrested Development is the only one I really watched. As weird as it sounds; I wasn’t really that annoyed with it ending after three seasons. I’m amazed it even lasted that long.


Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:15 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr