Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:25 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
My Life 
Post Re: My Life
Came back from a day of three math classes i na row. Super dispirited about guitar playing after listening to satch and paul gilbert after a practice.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 pm
Zeppelin wrote:
johnny larue wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
Or save for the stock market. I just got a tip on some Chinese companies.

Use them wisely. Or not at all.

I think what Johnny's trying to tell you Ed is to definitely go for the hookers and blow. Those Chinese companies are just going to fuck you over. And not in a good way, like the hookers.

Did any of you chappies read this story:

Synthetic Cocaine Sold as 'Bath Salts'

I did like the image of someone stumbling into a gas station to purchase 50mg of "bath salts".

Turns out that "bath salts" is actually MPDV. It'll be on the DEA's drug schedule by year's end, I'm sure. Perfectly legal for now.

Ah, receptors. These "shock" stories are always a bit funny to me. Not this one, so much.

Years back, and every so often, a warning will sound over kids getting "high" from binaural beats via free software (iDoser was the last name I heard). The spirit of the 70s lives on! It is cute that reporters, from actual news agencies, will plant a scare over kids getting all alpha-wavey and tuning out from a society that very much needs them. Sure, morphine's action is receptor-based but... iDoser!

I wish audio morphine* were possible. I'd try it... just once, though.

*Feel free to make a hilarious joke about boring music. You've got my permission.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 am
majoraphasia wrote:

*Feel free to make a hilarious joke about boring music. You've got my permission.

Attachments:
sting_duck.jpg
sting_duck.jpg [ 38.17 KiB | Viewed 1606 times ]
Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:44 am
What a triumphantly terrible piece of publicity. Sting looks like he's posing in a want-ad for pederasty services.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:46 pm
My life is currently on the dull side. I moved to Arizona back in July. My work schedule does not leave much space for a social life. I know 3 people out here (all of whom I knew before I moved out). Because we live all over the Phoenix area valley I don't see any of them much.

Most of my free time is spent in my underfurnished apartment watching movies and reading. From time to time I go out and explore the area. I went hiking a few times and I like to visit record stores. That's about it. I hope this changes soon. I've made a return to school after 6 or 7 years.

No kids. Perpetually single. There's pros and cons to that, I guess.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:37 pm
Bondurant wrote:
My life is currently on the dull side. I moved to Arizona back in July. My work schedule does not leave much space for a social life. I know 3 people out here (all of whom I knew before I moved out). Because we live all over the Phoenix area valley I don't see any of them much.

Most of my free time is spent in my underfurnished apartment watching movies and reading. From time to time I go out and explore the area. I went hiking a few times and I like to visit record stores. That's about it. I hope this changes soon. I've made a return to school after 6 or 7 years.

How do you like Phoenix? I am heading there for work in two weeks.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:17 pm
bob harris wrote:
Bondurant wrote:

I've been to Phoenix twice to visit my aunt, it's relatively nice, can't say the same thing for Tucson though as it's a pretty boring city IMO and also I got really sick when I went there on a family vacation, so sick that I was throwing up the whole way home.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:41 pm
Be careful what you ask for.

Since the recession began my company has been bouncing along paying bills and not much else. In the space of a few weeks we have two new deals that change our fortunes dramatically.

The problem for me is that I'm now thrown into 60 hour weeks and it's likely to remain that way through 2011/12. Time on the forum will decrease radically. So good and bad news.

Rob

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:05 pm
bob harris wrote:
Bondurant wrote:

I love it. The weather is amazing even with the scorching heat during the summer. When my family and friends are getting dumped with snow I'm enjoying 60/70 degree weather! My only grip with Metro Phoenix is that owning a car is a must.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 am
My life is pretty amazing right now.

I have a boyfriend who has been with me for one month as of today, and we get along very well. Phil makes me very happy. <3
I'm studying Musical Theatre at a college with a fantastic program, and I'm getting better every day.

However, It's really cold where I am, and I don't like the cold. :( I also don't like that I'm not as close to Phil as I would like to be, and because of that it's difficult to see him regularly. We're still working on that part. Haha.<3.

I'm doing pretty well in most of my classes, although it's only the beginning of the semester, I don't dislike any of my professors, so that's good. And I'm performing a song I love very soon in an audition-only Cabaret!

So all-in-all, things are really great. :)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:43 pm
Today, I attended the MSU Comics Forum 2011.

As I did for the previous two years, I wrote a live blog of the events.

Anybody interested in taking a look can do so here.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:18 am
Alex wrote:
I am married with 3 kids and an elderly Siamese cat. I am originally from Yorkshire, but we now live in a chocolate box English village called Chiddingfold in Surrey.

I am an IT contractor at an evil investment bank during the day, and I write a few Android phone apps on the side.

I am a classic car enthusiast, and I enjoy trackdays too.

I works for an invest menat company. I am the IT guy.
Got married 3 years agao. No kids yet but we're working on it.
I'm fom a farming background and because I am into Vintage tractors.
i currently own Fordson Dexta. I moved intomy house about 7 years ago.
next year I am going to build a shed so that i can restore the tractor

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 am
Director

I found out today that I am accepted to at least one university, which means that in all likelihood I will be beginning work on a doctorate in the fall, yay :D

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:18 pm
firefly wrote:
I found out today that I am accepted to at least one university, which means that in all likelihood I will be beginning work on a doctorate in the fall, yay :D

Congratulations, FillionFanLDSRULEZ. What do you mean by "in all likelihood"? Are you predicting world's end this summer?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:33 pm
Director

majoraphasia wrote:
firefly wrote:

Congratulations, FillionFanLDSRULEZ. What do you mean by "in all likelihood"? Are you predicting world's end this summer?

I'm allotting for the very, very slight probability of something unforseen happening--death, serious physical injury, a sudden decision that I actually want to be a professional chef. Not very likely, but still, it's not literally 100%.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm
firefly wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
firefly wrote:

I'm allotting for the very, very slight probability of something unforseen happening--death, serious physical injury, a sudden decision that I actually want to be a professional chef. Not very likely, but still, it's not literally 100%.

Mario Batali? Please, the only thing stopping you from saying 100% is that you're so wedded to statistics. Just further proof that you were born for that career. I'm almost 100% sure that you'll do great. Congrats man, really.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:54 pm
Director

ed_metal_head wrote:
firefly wrote:

Mario Batali? Please, the only thing stopping you from saying 100% is that you're so wedded to statistics.

Yes :)

Quote:
Just further proof that you were born for that career. I'm almost 100% sure that you'll do great. Congrats man, really.

Gracias.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 pm
Got a new job in Indy which starts 2/28. Yeah, it was a good day

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:44 pm
Patrick wrote:
Yeah, it was a good day

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 43.95 KiB | Viewed 1230 times ]
Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 pm
Patrick wrote:
Got a new job in Indy which starts 2/28. Yeah, it was a good day

Congratulations on that. Is the new job in your field?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next