Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
My Life 
Post Re: My Life
Currently, I am trying to stanch a constantly running nose, which chose my last day of work for four days as the perfect time to strike.

My downstairs neighbors are vacuuming again, which they seem to do nightly. Maybe they'll knock the power out again and I'll get to go outside, which is where the breaker box is. Man, we have shitty wiring here.

I am a firm believer that Michael Keaton's Batman doesn't get nuts without first announcing it.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm
Taking off to go to New Year's Eve college hockey game (watching....not playing). Happy New Year to all....party safe.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:11 pm
2011 is already three hours old here. Happy New Year everyone!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 pm
I have my kids tonight so we lit a fire, ate pizza and watched Apollo 13 on Blu Ray which they loved
They are now blitzing Black Ops

In 2.5 hours we're going to grab warm clothes and lights and climb the hill behind our house to watch celebrations from there

Happy 2011 to ya all
Rob

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 am
I didn't really do anything special to celebrate new year's, my family went out to a restaurant but I opted to stay home(I don't really like being in crowded areas for long periods of time) and watch Grind, a pretty decent skateboarding film with a likeable enough cast and some decent laughs, though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if i'm the only person on here who's actually seen that film.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:50 am
Happy New Year!! Whaaaooaaahhh!!!! I have had......way too much to drink!! Yes! Ahhhhhh!!!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 am
I write a nature blog, so I spend a lot of time roaming through the woods by my house looking for things to take pictures of and write about.
We go through an insane amount of sunflower seeds, peanuts, and suet every year, feeding the birds outside.

I have a small herd of goats. They are supposed to eat the brushy undergrowth in the forest, but they like to nibble on your pants leg during breaks.

I teach science at a middle school.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:55 am
Director

Happy new year folks. I actually didn't even stay up till 12--I'd woken up early and I was tired (and a bit sick--combo of fighting off the flu and having cramps from something that I ate). But I managed to watch three movies during the day, so yay :D

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:02 am
I got drunk for the first time in a year to celebrate with some friends....it was a great time and I'm hopeful that 2011 would be a great year.

Then I realize I forgot my toiletries at my friends apartment

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 pm
Cinematographer

I'm an old dad at 48. Married with two kids, son is 7, daughter is 4. They are the delight of my life and consume most of the time left over after 50hrs a week engineering stuff. My son and I just completed the Star Wars saga watching all 6 movies over the last two weeks. Christmas was a blast with a short trip to Nashville, TN, to catch up with some of the wife's favorite country musicians. There was some snow on the ground and the kid's had a great time playing in it. While there we took in Yogi Bear - there's not much there for an adult to grab on to, but it was a pleasant movie overall. Back to the grind now with the kids returning to school as well. Will be packing up the Christmas decorations and putting them up tomorrow.

Leftover spare time is spent studying for MBA and waiting for spring and a return to my infrequent fishing and golf outings. Perhaps a bland existance, but I'm grateful for every minute of it

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 pm
Boy am I glad I spent my time on the forum yesterday reading and catching up rather than posting in this thread. I was in a deep funk from having to return to work and felt pretty depressed about life in general. A post in this thread would have been all "woe is me, life sucks, blah, blah, blah" and that's just lame.

I moved in with my girlfriend about a month or so ago. We've "lived" together for most of the last 2 years, so it wasn't a big step or anything, but it is nice to be able to fornicate whenever you feel like it. With roommates there's always the awkwardness of having to pretend like you care about them hearing you. You don't ever really care, but you have to keep up the appearance that you do. Then there's always the few times where you know they can hear, and they know you know they can hear, but nothing is ever said. As long as that doesn't happen too often, things usually stay pretty cool.

So yeah, my life consists of hanging out with my girlfriend and dog most of the time. Work too, but that sucks so who really cares about that? I'm a pretty huge NFL and NBA fan, so the rest of my time is spent watching games, reading about them, or researching stats because I'm a gigantic stats nerd.

Oddly enough, I, like Mr. Zeppelin, have been caught shoplifting before. I was 15 and stole a Slim Jim and a bag of potato chips from a convenience store. I had to write letters of apology to the store manager and my mother. Harsh sentence, for sure.

I think Shade's life sounds incredibly rewarding and fun. When it comes time for my life change, I want to use him as my role model. That guy gets it. I enjoy his presence on the forum.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 pm
I am married with 3 kids and an elderly Siamese cat. I am originally from Yorkshire, but we now live in a chocolate box English village called Chiddingfold in Surrey.

I am an IT contractor at an evil investment bank during the day, and I write a few Android phone apps on the side.

I am a classic car enthusiast, and I enjoy trackdays too.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:32 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
I change my socks at least two times every day.

I'd laugh, but I do the same. I think I'm actually more particular about my socks than my underwear (note to self: repair 'backspace' key). There's a mall 5 minutes away from me and even if I have to make a quick food run I dump the socks in the clothes hamper as soon as I come back.

bob harris wrote:
I have indeed watched a film with James.

Wait...what?

Ken wrote:
Currently, I am trying to stanch a constantly running nose, which chose my last day of work for four days as the perfect time to strike.

My otolaryngologist recently recommended that I start nasal irrigation to alleviate my sinus/allergy problems. I have to say that the difference so far is very noticeable. I suggest you look into it if you have chronic nasal problems. I also sent a very (very, very) odd email to a local newscaster suggesting nasal irrigation after I noticed that he was often congested while reading the news. I sometimes get my kicks from doing odd shit like that and getting a response from said newscaster was a real high point for me.

Sapphire wrote:
I write a nature blog, so I spend a lot of time roaming through the woods by my house looking for things to take pictures of and write about.

Well don't be shy, Sapphire. Feel free to share the link for your blog. I'm sure a bunch of people would be interested (unless, of course, you'd rather keep your blog "anonymous". In that case, my apologies...)

PeachyPete wrote:
I moved in with my girlfriend about a month or so ago. We've "lived" together for most of the last 2 years, so it wasn't a big step or anything, but it is nice to be able to fornicate whenever you feel like it.

Congratulations on your new living arrangements and ability to fornicate loudly. That's a pretty big step and I hope everything goes smoothly (if not, use lube). Say, did you ever get your cable television/telephone/internet hook-up?

I actually live at home with my parents. At 28 this must sound like I have no life, but culturally things are a lot different here. It's quite the opposite to the US in that very few unmarried persons actually have their own place. As a matter of fact many young married couples live with one of the parents (usually the boy's parents, though this co-habitation is really more popular with those of Indian descent). I seriously doubt I'll remain at home if/when I ever get married though. That's just too weird.

Alex wrote:
I am an IT contractor at an evil investment bank during the day, and I write a few Android phone apps on the side.

You're like a superhero, Alex. You work for the forces of evil in the day but at night you secretly fight the good fight.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
I change my socks at least two times every day.

I'd laugh, but I do the same. I think I'm actually more particular about my socks than my underwear (note to self: repair 'backspace' key). There's a mall 5 minutes away from me and even if I have to make a quick food run I dump the socks in the clothes hamper as soon as I come back.

bob harris wrote:
I have indeed watched a film with James.

Wait...what?.

Yeah, I had the chance to meet up with James this fall as we talked about in the meet a fellow Reelviewer thread. James was gracious enough to check out a film with me(though sadly it turned out to be Due Date) and it was nice to place a physical face and voice to the man. It was a nice evening out.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:55 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

Arron wrote:
I live with my girlfriend and daughter (2) and love it. Christmas has been pretty hectic this year and we've barely been able to move for presents for the little 'en. She was quite poorly though with a bit of flu, so hasn't quite been able to enjoy it all just yet. My girlfriend and I like nothing more than watching rubbish on television and eating lots of crap food.

I work in a fraud department for a bank, dealing with internet banking, the usual 9 - 5 hours, Monday to Friday.

I play a bit of football, 5-a-side every couple of weeks in a league. We're not terrible, but not amazing.

I've played drums for about 13 years now. I only play in one band at the moment, but was in four at the beginning of the year. I generally play in fast metal bands. Here are a few old ones if you want to check them out: http://www.myspace.com/soulfracture, http://www.myspace.com/humanitysgone, http://www.myspace.com/decrepitwomb. Soulfracture played with some amazing bands during our time. These might not mean anything to people on here, depending on what you listen to, but we got to play with the likes of: Testament, Kreator, Amen, Aborted, The Red Chord and loads more. Great fun!

I love cats.

Ok, so this has changed already. My girlfriend finished with me, so I'm now living with my parents again. The two year old isn't mine, but I treated her as if she was and bloody adored her. I'm now pretty miserable and have been using alcohol as a means to try and forget...it hasn't worked. I hope to be out of this rut quite soon as long as she doesn't contact me and I can just keep myself busy. Bad 2011 so far.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:05 am
ed_metal_head wrote:

Sapphire wrote:

Well don't be shy, Sapphire. Feel free to share the link for your blog. I'm sure a bunch of people would be interested (unless, of course, you'd rather keep your blog "anonymous". In that case, my apologies...)

Thanks for the nudge.I write at http://www.natureisoutthere.blogspot.com.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:00 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
I moved in with my girlfriend about a month or so ago. We've "lived" together for most of the last 2 years, so it wasn't a big step or anything, but it is nice to be able to fornicate whenever you feel like it.

Congratulations on your new living arrangements and ability to fornicate loudly. That's a pretty big step and I hope everything goes smoothly (if not, use lube). Say, did you ever get your cable television/telephone/internet hook-up?

Thanks, Eddy. I have not yet hooked up my cable television/telephone/internet. The company was scheduled to come out the Monday after Christmas, but I had to cancel because I was snowed in elsewhere visiting family and couldn't get back home. Then, I went away for a week or so. Since returning, I've yet to reschedule. Honestly, I don't miss any of it. I get plenty of internet time at work, I have a cell phone so don't really need a land line, and I've been watching DVDs at night and don't miss TV. I would like to be able to have access to Netflix Instant and DVR to record movies, but other than that the only thing I've been missing is watching my Wizards lose constantly and some college hoops. I wish I could pay for what channels I want from my cable company and not have an entire package. I'd pay for 10-12 channels and DVR capabilities and have a nice, low cable bill.

ed_metal_head wrote:
I actually live at home with my parents. At 28 this must sound like I have no life, but culturally things are a lot different here. It's quite the opposite to the US in that very few unmarried persons actually have their own place. As a matter of fact many young married couples live with one of the parents (usually the boy's parents, though this co-habitation is really more popular with those of Indian descent). I seriously doubt I'll remain at home if/when I ever get married though. That's just too weird.

I've heard/read that about other countries. It makes quite a bit of sense and you can save a nice chunk of money by not having to pay a bunch of rent/bills. Then you can spend that saved money on hookers and blow. Awesome, right? Right?!?!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 am
Arron wrote:
Arron wrote:
I live with my girlfriend and daughter (2) and love it. Christmas has been pretty hectic this year and we've barely been able to move for presents for the little 'en. She was quite poorly though with a bit of flu, so hasn't quite been able to enjoy it all just yet. My girlfriend and I like nothing more than watching rubbish on television and eating lots of crap food.

I work in a fraud department for a bank, dealing with internet banking, the usual 9 - 5 hours, Monday to Friday.

I play a bit of football, 5-a-side every couple of weeks in a league. We're not terrible, but not amazing.

I've played drums for about 13 years now. I only play in one band at the moment, but was in four at the beginning of the year. I generally play in fast metal bands. Here are a few old ones if you want to check them out: http://www.myspace.com/soulfracture, http://www.myspace.com/humanitysgone, http://www.myspace.com/decrepitwomb. Soulfracture played with some amazing bands during our time. These might not mean anything to people on here, depending on what you listen to, but we got to play with the likes of: Testament, Kreator, Amen, Aborted, The Red Chord and loads more. Great fun!

I love cats.

Ok, so this has changed already. My girlfriend finished with me, so I'm now living with my parents again. The two year old isn't mine, but I treated her as if she was and bloody adored her. I'm now pretty miserable and have been using alcohol as a means to try and forget...it hasn't worked. I hope to be out of this rut quite soon as long as she doesn't contact me and I can just keep myself busy. Bad 2011 so far.

Egads! That's certainly not the way to start a new year. Not much you can do though. Keep your chin up and eventually things do get better.

Sapphire wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Sapphire wrote:

Thanks for the nudge.I write at http://www.natureisoutthere.blogspot.com.

I admit to just skimming so far, but I like! Also: you take nice pictures. Thanks for sharing, Sapphire.

The Giant Peach wrote:
I've heard/read that about other countries. It makes quite a bit of sense and you can save a nice chunk of money by not having to pay a bunch of rent/bills. Then you can spend that saved money on hookers and blow. Awesome, right? Right?!?!

Or save for the stock market. I just got a tip on some Chinese companies.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

Use them wisely. Or not at all.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:11 pm
johnny larue wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Use them wisely. Or not at all.

I think what Johnny's trying to tell you Ed is to definitely go for the hookers and blow. Those Chinese companies are just going to fuck you over. And not in a good way, like the hookers.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next