Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Poll ideas! 
Author Message
Post Re: Poll ideas!
What browser do you use for this site

a) IE
b) Chrome
c) Firefox
d) Safari
e) Other

Rob


Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:37 am
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Robert Holloway wrote:
What browser do you use for this site

a) IE
b) Chrome
c) Firefox
d) Safari
e) Other

Rob


I'd love it if JB would provide us with usage statistics. I don't know why, but I love reading that stuff. It's so sexy! I demand even more details. Who, apart from Rob, is on a Mac? Does anyone run Linux???


Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:54 am
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Robert Holloway wrote:
How often do you watch foreign language movies

a) Never
b) Very occasionally but I try and avoid
c) Sometimes
d) Only when strongly recommended
d) More than English language

Rob


Good one.

Curious who did take over poll duties...


Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
ed_metal_head wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
What browser do you use for this site

a) IE
b) Chrome
c) Firefox
d) Safari
e) Other

Rob


I'd love it if JB would provide us with usage statistics. I don't know why, but I love reading that stuff. It's so sexy! I demand even more details. Who, apart from Rob, is on a Mac? Does anyone run Linux???


I'd guess that about 10-15% of people here are on Mac. I actually use Chrome for browsing and Safari for Netflix streaming as for some reason it won't work with Chrome.

On my site the latest monthly stats are as follows:

IE - 51% and declining
Chrome - 11% and growing quickly
Firefox - 27% and static of late
Safari - 8% and static
Other - 3% and irrelevant

Rob


Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:20 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
ram1312 wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
How often do you watch foreign language movies

a) Never
b) Very occasionally but I try and avoid
c) Sometimes
d) Only when strongly recommended
d) More than English language

Rob


Good one.

Curious who did take over poll duties...


Good question....it was between Kunzie and Major. But I had that error with 2 major's...hmmm. I'll get back to you on that since whoever's taking over needs to be modded to be make polls.


Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:43 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Patrick wrote:
ram1312 wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
How often do you watch foreign language movies

a) Never
b) Very occasionally but I try and avoid
c) Sometimes
d) Only when strongly recommended
d) More than English language

Rob


Good one.

Curious who did take over poll duties...


Good question....it was between Kunzie and Major. But I had that error with 2 major's...hmmm. I'll get back to you on that since whoever's taking over needs to be modded to be make polls.


MajorManMark or BigGameJamesK as mod?

Oh the WACKY HIJINKS that will ensue...


Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
The inmates are truly taking over the asylum!
Rob


Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Let's settle this issue once and for all:

Alien vs. Aliens!


Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:12 pm
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Worst Post Best Actor career:
F. Murray Abraham
Adrien Brody
Forest Whitaker
Roberto Benigni
Jamie Foxx

_________________
I am a Leaf on the Wind. Watch Me Soar
---
http://www.leafontheweb.com


Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 pm
Profile
Post Re: Poll ideas!
firefly wrote:
Worst Post Best Actor career:
F. Murray Abraham
Adrien Brody
Forest Whitaker
Roberto Benigni
Jamie Foxx


Should probably replace Roberto Benigni since we pretend our polls have suspense.


Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:06 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
firefly wrote:
Worst Post Best Actor career:
F. Murray Abraham
Adrien Brody
Forest Whitaker
Roberto Benigni
Jamie Foxx


I really like this poll idea. And: poor Forest Whitaker. I haven't seen his award-winning performance in King/Scotland but always thought of him as a talented but perpetual slummer. He's a great actor that makes ~one good movie every decade.

You guys should check out his performance in Smoke. I really like that movie.


Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:50 pm
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Poll ideas!
majoraphasia wrote:
firefly wrote:
Worst Post Best Actor career:
F. Murray Abraham
Adrien Brody
Forest Whitaker
Roberto Benigni
Jamie Foxx


I really like this poll idea. And: poor Forest Whitaker. I haven't seen his award-winning performance in King/Scotland but always thought of him as a talented but perpetual slummer. He's a great actor that makes ~one good movie every decade.

You guys should check out his performance in Smoke. I really like that movie.


I also wonder about his career choices--maybe he just has a lousy agent. He seems to be attracted to troubled characters (thinking about his guest spot on ER, LKoS, The Experiment, etc.). Maybe it's hard for him to find really good roles--mainstream Hollywood films only have so many roles that will go to minorities (well, specifically black actors--Hispanics and Asians get essentially no starring roles), and Will Smith and Denzel Washington are already around to take them.

_________________
I am a Leaf on the Wind. Watch Me Soar
---
http://www.leafontheweb.com


Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:33 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Actor most likely to receive an Oscar nomination in the next 5 years:

John Cusack
Chiwetel Ejiofore
Sam Rockwell
Steve Zahn
Barry Pepper
Vincent D'Onofrio
Alan Tudyk
Jeff Goldblum
Jim Carrey
Donald Sutherland

_________________
I am a Leaf on the Wind. Watch Me Soar
---
http://www.leafontheweb.com


Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm
Profile
Assistant Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:38 am
Posts: 135
Location: Tornado Alley
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Since I think most of us are in agreement that Part 1 is the best...

Best Die Hard sequel:

Die Hard 2 (1990)
Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)
Live Free or Die Hard (2007)

Possible inclusion: The Last Boy Scout (1991)

Always considered it sort of an unofficial Die Hard...

_________________
Come watch me watch A Movie a Day IV: The Quest for Peace
"You'll howl with laughter!" —Earl Dittman


Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 am
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 972
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Most Overrated Director:

Steven Spielberg
Martin Scorcese
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
Peter Jackson
Francis Ford Coppola
Jonathan Demme

_________________
My movie review site:

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/


Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Poll ideas!
moviemkr7 wrote:
Most Overrated Director:

Steven Spielberg
Martin Scorcese
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
Peter Jackson
Francis Ford Coppola
Jonathan Demme

Agreed, i'd also include options for Jean Luc Goddard, David Lynch, and The Coens.


Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:41 pm
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 972
Post Re: Poll ideas!
In order to limit the number of choices, we should only use famous and/or modern directors.

_________________
My movie review site:

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/


Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Fair warning: if this poll happens, I cannot stop myself from being my usual spoilsport self about the whole "overrated" thing.


Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:31 am
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 7492
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Jory wrote:
Since I think most of us are in agreement that Part 1 is the best...

Best Die Hard sequel:

Die Hard 2 (1990)
Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)
Live Free or Die Hard (2007)


I refuse to make this poll because I think Die Hard 1 is lousy and am astonished no one else feels this way. And then Die Hard 2 is fucking awful, and 3 somehow then represents the pinnacle of the series. Bizarre.

moviemkr7 wrote:
Most Overrated Director:

Steven Spielberg
Martin Scorcese
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
Peter Jackson
Francis Ford Coppola
Jonathan Demme


No way I would include Demme--he never gets ranked with the "great" directors and, if anything, is probably underrated. I'll modify it a bit.

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 pm
Profile
Post Re: Poll ideas!
JamesKunz wrote:
Jory wrote:
Since I think most of us are in agreement that Part 1 is the best...

Best Die Hard sequel:

Die Hard 2 (1990)
Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)
Live Free or Die Hard (2007)


I refuse to make this poll because I think Die Hard 1 is lousy and am astonished no one else feels this way. And then Die Hard 2 is fucking awful, and 3 somehow then represents the pinnacle of the series. Bizarre.

moviemkr7 wrote:
Most Overrated Director:

Steven Spielberg
Martin Scorcese
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
Peter Jackson
Francis Ford Coppola
Jonathan Demme


No way I would include Demme--he never gets ranked with the "great" directors and, if anything, is probably underrated. I'll modify it a bit.

Wow, i've never met a person who didn't like Die Hard, guess there's a first time for everything, I know you feel, i'm asotnished that i'm seemingly the only person who finds the LOTR films incredibly tedious and couldn't care less about The Hobbit.


Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:10 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr