Let's grab Patrick

Tie him down in a cinema seat

Forceably open his eyelids a la Clockwork Orange

Press play on the super brite digital projection of Sex and the City 2

Hit repeat :-)

Stand back and listen to the screams

Welcome to the worst movie of 2010

Rob

First you have to force me to watch the first one first...then you can force me to watch the second one.

I think there's something in the Geneva Convention that would prevent us from forcing you to watch both movies.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Second Unit Director

Post Re: November 24, 2010: "The Great 2010 Turkey Hunt"
Vexer wrote:
dmar91 wrote:
Completely agree about The Last Airbender — a catastrophic version of a good cartoon series.

Having just sat through the 3D trailer for Yogi Bear, I think I may have seen a contender for the next list.

You think that's bad? There's also a Smurfs film set to come out next year, I HATED the goddamn Smurfs to begin with, but a live-action film adaption?! I can't even begin to imagine how catastrophically awful that film will be! :evil: :shock:

You're right! Smurfs are ghastly beyond belief, but what about Alvin and the Chipmunks 3D, not forgetting the possible awfulness of Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World? :cry:

Breaking from the thread theme again, I am most interested in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides — it's a really good book by Tim Powers, but I can't imagine what Elliott, Rossio and Rob Marshall will do to make it fit the franchise. :|

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
dmar91 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
dmar91 wrote:
Completely agree about The Last Airbender — a catastrophic version of a good cartoon series.

Having just sat through the 3D trailer for Yogi Bear, I think I may have seen a contender for the next list.

You think that's bad? There's also a Smurfs film set to come out next year, I HATED the goddamn Smurfs to begin with, but a live-action film adaption?! I can't even begin to imagine how catastrophically awful that film will be! :evil: :shock:

You're right! Smurfs are ghastly beyond belief, but what about Alvin and the Chipmunks 3D, not forgetting the possible awfulness of Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World? :cry:

Breaking from the thread theme again, I am most interested in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides — it's a really good book by Tim Powers, but I can't imagine what Elliott, Rossio and Rob Marshall will do to make it fit the franchise. :|

I hate the Pirates with a passion and I REALLY hope that Stranger tides bombs at the box-office wo we don't have to be subjected to that crap anymore, I actually don't mind the Chipmunks all that much since I grew up watching them, same goes for Spy Kids.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:47 pm
Vexer wrote:
I hate the Pirates with a passion and I REALLY hope that Stranger tides bombs at the box-office wo we don't have to be subjected to that crap anymore, I actually don't mind the Chipmunks all that much since I grew up watching them, same goes for Spy Kids.

I was pleasantly surprised by Pirates 1
By Pirates 3 I loathed the franchise
I too like the Chipmunks, but find it hard to explain myself on that one.
Rob

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:55 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

I know no shame and admit to enjoying the first Pirates but carefully avoided paying to see the second and third. Having now seen the missing epics for free on terrestrial TV, I know I made a good decision. That's why the temptation to once again expose myself to Mr Depp's Jack Sparrow is so, well, damn strange.

I remember the Chipmunks first appearing the the late 1950s and finding the songs excruciatingly bad. Once you've lived through Christmas with the effing tracks endlessly playing in every shopping center, you never, ever want to see or hear a chipmunk again. :evil:

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:19 am
Profile WWW
What the hell movie are you people seeing when you say the first Pirates isn't a over-long, underentertaining movie? The sequels are far and away a lot better.

And my childhood died when I saw Simon eating Theodore's poop.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:15 am