Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:47 am

February 23, 2009: "The More Things Change" 
Post Re: February 23, 2009: "The More Things Change"
BrianB wrote:
Rob wrote:
I didn't really like the Oscars that much either. I thought the whole having 5 former winners for each acting category talk about a current nominee was a waste of time. They should of just stuck with the clips like in past years. It would have saved time.

Not to mention how incredibly awkward the five previous winners thing is. The nominees are probably already nervous and in the spotlight enough, but to kiss their asses so directly from the stage and have their reactions in close-up just makes me uncomfortable watching it.

"You're great!"
"No, you are!" *blows kiss to stage*

I know that these actors and actresses are all used to attention and the camera, but give me a break.

Are you kidding?
No one liked this?

I thought it was fantastic and I hope they do it every year. It must mean a lot for the nominees to have legends of the screen before them talking about their performances. I thought it was more meaningful and appropriate than anything else they have done in the past--especially having previous year's best actress winners awarding best actor and vice versa.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:31 pm
It was a good concept but it took way too long to execute

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:56 pm
Quote:
Everything a movie has to say is on screen. Does it matter what an actor or director offers in an interview?

It's becoming very rare when an actor or a director can enlighten us about their project. That's why I don't enjoy behind-the-scenes looks or interviews anymore. All those featurettes on dvds kinda take away the magic.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:31 am
Site Admin

nathanmuir wrote:
Quote:
Everything a movie has to say is on screen. Does it matter what an actor or director offers in an interview?

It's becoming very rare when an actor or a director can enlighten us about their project. That's why I don't enjoy behind-the-scenes looks or interviews anymore. All those featurettes on dvds kinda take away the magic.

On those rare occasions when I watch Letterman or Leno, I am always frustrated at the banality of the topics. Granted, I don't expect them to discuss the meaning of life, but it would be interesting to maybe actually talk about the movie that's being promoted.

DVD features tend to be shallow. There are exceptions, of course, but too many of them are drivel.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm
Profile WWW