All the time, nothing surprises me 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Most of the time, I'll let a couple surprises through 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Sometimes, depending if I want to be spoiled or not 47%  47%  [ 9 ]
Rarely 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
NEVER 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 19

Poll #61: Spoilers 
Post Poll #61: Spoilers
How often do you actively check out spoilers. Spoilers that were forced on you doesn't count for purposes of this poll.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:54 am
Post Re: Poll #61: Spoilers
I'll do it sometimes for movies I don't plan on seeing right away and stuff like that.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 am
Rarely. I avoid spoilers for movies I intend to see, but I do occasionally seek out spoilers for things I have little or no interest in. Case in point: Orphan. I don't think I'll ever see this, but I sought out the twist after hearing how ridiculous it was.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:49 pm
I rarely bother and my reasons are the same as anyone else's.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:41 pm
Spoilers are one of those things that are impossible for me to resist, no matter how hard I try it's impossible for me to resist looking at spoilers, I read every spoiler in the thread of Inception, but strangely reading the spoilers is what actually made me want to see that film.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:40 pm
I voted for sometimes, although I meant rarely. Oops.

What's the point? I want to see a movie and be surprised and enjoy the plot unfolding. Or not enjoy it. I don't like to know what happens beforehand.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:51 am
Director

Most of thime, expecially if they're from movies I have no intention of seeing, like The Village or the aforementioned Orphan.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 am
Director

Very, very rarely. I may see the movie someday.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 am
Never. Although, I find that if the spoiler could have ruined the movie then it likely was not the strongest film to begin with. Thats why a number of films that are all about the twist are not effective upon repeat viewings.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 am
PR0METHEU5 wrote:
Never. Although, I find that if the spoiler could have ruined the movie then it likely was not the strongest film to begin with. Thats why a number of films that are all about the twist are not effective upon repeat viewings.

That's the main problem I have with Shyamalan's films, he focuses so much on the twists that he dosen't put much thought into anything else in the film and once you know thw twist ahead of time before you see one of his films, then you start noticing several plot holes that severely undermine the twist and everything else.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 pm
And you realize that it's all a bunch of ponderous, self-serious nonsense, and that the movie is hoping so hard to wow the audience with that one big moment that ties it all together at the end.

I really like it when filmmakers put their efforts into the whole movie.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:44 pm
Vexer wrote:
PR0METHEU5 wrote:

That's the main problem I have with Shyamalan's films, he focuses so much on the twists that he dosen't put much thought into anything else in the film and once you know thw twist ahead of time before you see one of his films, then you start noticing several plot holes that severely undermine the twist and everything else.

I haven't seen Inception yet but from the buzz I'm guessing that there's a twist. That would mean that EVERY one of Nolan's original films had a twist. That's also a whole lot more twists than Mr. M. Night (who doesn't have that many twists).

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:27 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Vexer wrote:
PR0METHEU5 wrote:

I haven't seen Inception yet but from the buzz I'm guessing that there's a twist. That would mean that EVERY one of Nolan's original films had a twist. That's also a whole lot more twists than Mr. M. Night (who doesn't have that many twists).

Well at least with Inception it dosen't sound like the whole film is based around the twists like most of Shymalan's films are.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:50 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
I haven't seen Inception yet but from the buzz I'm guessing that there's a twist.

Prepare to be surprised. The twist is

[Reveal] Spoiler:
there is no twist.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:36 pm
I'm genuinely surprised that people are tempted by the slightest of spoilers. Before seeing a movie I don't read any reviews and I avoid all threads. I can't bear the idea of even the tiniest of spoilers slipping through. With a movie like Inception, the less you know before going in, the better.

The only luxury I occasionally allow myelf is to take a peek at the Tomatometer on rottentomatoes.com. Especially if it's at 50% that makes me more curious to see a film. It's a useful way of gauging the critical consensus without reading a word.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:00 pm