Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
What TV show did you last watch? 
Post What TV show did you last watch?
What TV show did you last watch?

I just saw Heroes and I'm currently watching Journeyman.
Which one your suggest me here..

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:50 am
Director

Post Re: What TV show did you last watch?
Boston Legal and The Unit.
R.I.P. :cry:

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:45 am
Profile YIM
Director

The first season of Twin Peaks

Right now I'm opting against watching the second. I simply liked the first, but didn't fall in love with it like a lot of people I know. Good show, might get around to the second season at some point.

UPDATED 8/26 - Top 100 List *Updated*

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
I last watched "Mythbusters" over five years ago. Adam, Jamie and their crew did many great things for the sake of disproving or proving various urban legends and myths.

A memorable episode for me was when they went to a fetish shop looking for the perfect latex suit to use when dealing with the the question of whether one gets wetter either walking or running through a rainstorm. Jamie's pleasing comment on the sexiness of latex made my day. :-)

I also enjoyed the water rocket experimentation episode and the meat rocket episodes. Anything involving various flying projectiles was worth a look. But who donated the sperm for the Civil War "conception via rifle" experiment? Another classic episode involved finding out the reason why pirates wore eyepatches. The Shark Week special dealing with the various Jaws-borne myths was also quite good.

Worst idea for a show: "Survivor". I never watched it but I realize how that's not a very good name for the show. How can you name a show "Survivor" if everyone lives, much less doesn't attempt to kill each other? It should be called "Survivors" since everyone lives! But noooooooo! That alone proved how oxymoronic the phrase "reality television" is. No death, no risk of life and limb. And I'm sure that the location scouts made sure that the "island" was relatively risk-free. Boring!

But at least I can reminisce about the movie, "Death Ring" and think about Richard Dawson hosting it.

--RB|!R|

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:18 am
At the moment I am watching "Yes Minister"
It is 1980's british sitcom with soe of the greatest dialog ever commited to the screen.
I would recommend it to anyone.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 am
Producer

This week's episodes of:

House - 10/10
Fringe (MONDAY'S EPISODE) - 6.5/10
American Idol
Bones - 7/10
Fringe (LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE) - 5/10

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 am
Director

Southland is now on TNT, go watch it every Tuesday

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 am
Profile YIM
LOST -- catching family up on previous season(s). Can't believe it's almost over. :cry:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 pm
Producer

24 Season 8

hour 1: B+
hour 2: B
hour 3: B-
hour 4: A

Overall: B, maybe B+

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:48 am
On Monday night I watched No Reservations.

The destination was Istanbul and my desire to travel there peaked once again. So little time and funds!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 pm
I'm watching the Sarah Connor Chornicles right now. I'm pretty impressed. It does a very good job of filling in the gaps.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 pm
I just saw Chriss Angle (Mind freak) magic show. I am dally watcher of this show and this is great magic show i have seen before. I recommend this show to all them.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:34 am
At the moment I'm rewatching all of Lost for the last few episodes... :)

But just last night I rewatched the latest Chuck episode. Pure brilliance. Most purely entertaining show on TV right now.

Wed May 05, 2010 9:21 am
Bought the DVD last week and saw the BBC series "Tipping The Velvet" - another good one. I have to admit that the British blokes do know how to make 'em. Screenwriter is Andrew Davies - of Pride and Prejudice (1996 version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle) - and he has done it again (or rather had done it, only that i didn't know it).

PB

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:45 pm
Producer

Summer shows that I have been watching lately include Hell's Kitchen, Persons Unknown, Rookie Blue, Flashpoint The Good Guys and Lie to Me. All good shows IMO. This has been a very unusual summer in that there is usually nothing to watch during the summer, but we actually have several decent shows surprisingly. I also want to give Scoundrels a try soon because 24's Carlos Bernard is in it.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:04 pm
Director

I've been trying to catch up on past seasons of the Doctor Who reboot. As of now my rankings for the five seasons are as follows:

1. season 4
2. season 2
3. season 3
4. season 5
5. season 1

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile YIM
stiefmo wrote:
I'm watching the Sarah Connor Chornicles right now. I'm pretty impressed. It does a very good job of filling in the gaps.

Such a good show. That actually got me into Buffy/Angel (via Summer Glau) which, according to Netflix, means I'd love Alias, as well.

It's correct. Alias is fucking awesome.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:03 am
Director

corpen11 wrote:
I've been trying to catch up on past seasons of the Doctor Who reboot. As of now my rankings for the five seasons are as follows:

1. season 4
2. season 2
3. season 3
4. season 5
5. season 1

I'm working on Season 1 on Doctor Who, as I've never seen the Christopher Eccleston season. A co-worker of mine gave me all the David Tennant seasons as well, so it looked I'll have something to watch for the next while.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:27 am
I recently watched every season of one of my favorite sitcoms-Reba, it's a shame that it got cancelled before it's time all because some CW exec didn't like the show, (i'd love to find that idiot and strangle them! :evil: ) But all in all it still had a pretty good run, anyone else on here who loved that show?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 pm
Just cancelled Dish Netword and replaced it with Hulu etc- FREE
Saving m,e $43 a month over $500 per year
Rob

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:03 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next