Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Poll #58: Staying after the end credits. 

Do you stay at the end credits?
Stay till the end. 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
I'm out once they start. 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Depends on the film. 74%  74%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 23

Poll #58: Staying after the end credits. 
Post Poll #58: Staying after the end credits.
Thanks Ram for this idea.

So do you stay when the credits roll or do you make a bee-line out of there.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 am
Post Re: Poll #58: Staying after the end credits.
It depends, if there's a stinger and the film hasn't horrified me I'll stay to watch it. Otherwise I run screaming.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:01 am
Director

It depends. Sometimes I'll hear a song in a film and want to know what it is. That's usually the reason why I'll stick around for credits.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:43 am
I stay til the end, although not really. I always stay to read a good portion of the credits and listen to the music, but I don't usually stay for the entirety of the credits.

Or, like Sexy Choco said, I might stay to see what a particular song is.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:54 am
It ultimately depends, though I kind of wish it didn't. I believe that credits are part of the film, so why don't they get the same treatment as the narrative? (Don't answer that.) Whenever I watched movies with Ben or my ex, we'd stay until the rating popped up to either look at the funny names or simply pay respect to cinema. When I watch movies with my mother or my friends, I leave because they don't have the patience. Or I'm late for work. The sole exception to this is Antichrist.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm
Director

It depends on the film. One of the main reason is to known the film's running time.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile YIM
I never bother staying for the end credits as I really don't see the point, unless of course I know in advance that there's a scene that comes after the end-credits.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:16 pm
Depends although 80% of the time I stay to review the cast, listen to the song, read the acknowledgments and/or wait for the location info on the shoot. As far as considering it a necessary and respectful act - I don't. If the movie has silly outtakes or blown lines as part of the credits I try to leave quickly as more Jim Carrey can lead to sluggishness or death.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 pm
It depends. I stay if I know there's a scene after the credits (Iron Man), if the credits play over footage (The Edge of Heaven) or if I'm waiting for an erection to pass (ok, it hasn't happened...but it might!).

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:57 pm
Holy shit Pats...you used my suggestion. Thanks man.

The reason I suggested it was because I had just seen Toy Story the Third, and I find myself always staying after a Pixar movie. You just never know what's going to come up in a Pixar film. They are some creative people that always seem to do something original, even with the credits.

Though, I checked..."depends on the film," for this poll. Really, you should have had a "depends on my wife/and/or kids" option. If they are bothered and want to get out...well, then, I guess I have to go.

For me, personally, I like to stay until the very end. Something about respect or curiosity...respect for those responsible for the film, curious about certain songs or where things were shot. Can you believe there was a time my wife (girlfriend, same person) and I would stay for the credits just to find some names for our kids?

So there...you get 2 answers from me. (Should I type the word "two" or type the number "2" there? Wait...why the fuck does it matter?)

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:10 am
There has to be a reason other than the credits themselves--a good selection of music, a blooper reel, a post-credits scene, stuff like that. The modern trend of end credits lasting five or ten minutes is a ridiculous byproduct of the current legal climate in the movie business. I honestly don't give a fuck about the name of the guy who brought coffee to the assistant director's assistant.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:12 pm
I sometimes like reading the acknowledgements because you might find some weirdness there; An American Werewolf in London has a congrats to Prince Charles and Princess Diana on their recent wedding, for example. Perhaps not worth sticking around for but you never know.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:17 pm
Producer

I usually stick around for the cast list, but otherwise, I only stay for the entire credits if I've heard there is a scene after the credits have ended.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm
Director

On some very, very rare occasions, there can be really amusing stuff stuck into the end credits. One of my favorite examples is in the B-movie Terror Firmer, where an anonymous "Credit Guy" starts inserting massages into the credits about how lonely his life is, and how he just wants to get laid.

But what makes it really funny is that the "Credit Guy" is replaced with another "Credit Guy" midway through the credits, and the second credit guy is gay. He starts leaving messages like "I'll be your best boy," and "I've got something you can 'grip'." It's something that makes sitting through the credits rather fun.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:43 pm
I always stay through the credits. Every film. You never know what you will see, and I always like to see the locations, songs, etc.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:44 am
Gaffer

There's always this long, long line at the women's room . . .

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:43 pm