All of them 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
75% of them 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Half of them 47%  47%  [ 8 ]
25% of them 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
I only read the topics I post in 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17

Poll #54: Reading every post here 
Post Poll #54: Reading every post here
Self-explanatory poll, how many posts do you read here?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 am
Post Re: Poll #54: Reading every post here
Well, I'm kind of stuck having to read all of them for obvious reasons

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 am
It works out to about half for me. Probably a little more.

I skip most of the threads on sports as I follow only tennis, skip the ones of the 'breaking news' variety (like the recent one on Del Toro & hobbits) and usually avoid ones on religion/God/Christians being stupid.

There are many more I avoid but there are some posters here that I read no matter the subject.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 am
I read about half. I almost completely avoid the television forum and I missed a lot of topics from back in the day when I didn't post as much. Nowadays I click on topics just to make sure they're read, but I'll only read the topics that are interesting to me.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:39 pm
I'd say I read half the posts, give or take. I generally only read the topics that are of interest to me.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:11 pm
Does the lack of participation in this particular poll sort of answer the question for a good number of members?

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:09 pm
I went 75% which sounds about right.

Now contrary to popular belief, I do not at all enjoy coming back to these forums after a day and seeing "Last Post...ed_metal_head" all over the fucking place. In fact, there's nothing more discouraging than seeing that. I suppose I could post less but I do have to throw a lot of stuff out there for anything to stick.

I like those news threads though. Don't think I've posted in a RIP thread yet. Not really my thang...thong...thing.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:12 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
Now contrary to popular belief, I do not at all enjoy coming back to these forums after a day and seeing "Last Post...ed_metal_head" all over the fucking place. In fact, there's nothing more discouraging than seeing that.

I know exactly how you feel, though probably not to the same extent. I admire how you always bring something to the table, though, even if I don't reply. I suppose I could say "good thoughts" as a response, but that's kind of a waste of a post, no?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 am
Half, I'd say. I think I click on 75% of new threads, but not all the posts.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:29 am
I went with half. I read everything in the Berardinelli's writings, General Movie Discussion, and Open Forum. I think I've read a total of 5 or 6 posts in the Competitions section. I tried to make myself care about that, but it didn't work. As I don't watch too much TV, I don't have too much to talk about when it comes to television, so I tend to stay away from that section as well.

My only other thought about this particular poll is that it sucks. I don't have a better poll to remedy the situation, though. What's up next? How many times a month do you shave? Is it only the face or are we counting pubes too?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:22 am
I checked 75%.

Like I've said plenty of times here...I read more than I post. I learn a lot from you guys. Even topics that I think I have no interest in I still tend to read. Why? Who knows what comment might open my mind to something.

Hell. I've watched a lot of really good movies, watched some good shows, read some good books thanks to comments I read.

And so I continue to read.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 am
PeachyPete wrote:
I went with half. I read everything in the Berardinelli's writings, General Movie Discussion, and Open Forum. I think I've read a total of 5 or 6 posts in the Competitions section. I tried to make myself care about that, but it didn't work. As I don't watch too much TV, I don't have too much to talk about when it comes to television, so I tend to stay away from that section as well.

Uninterestingly, Berardinelli's writings is probably the section I read least. That's because I'm a complete spoiler-phobe. I only read reviews when I'm *not* interested in the movie. Otherwise I just skim. Ditto for the attached threads.

ram1312 wrote:
Hell. I've watched a lot of really good movies, watched some good shows, read some good books thanks to comments I read.

And so I continue to read.

Mod parent up. Or, at least give him a cookie or something. I've checked out a lot of stuff based on recommendations here that were I to quit the forums today, I'd still have enough recommendations to last me a year or two.

Oh, and that counts for music too. Some chap posted a giddy comment about The Mars Volta and I like their debut album enough to buy it.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:27 pm
I went with 25%. I read a great deal in General Movie Discussion, and occasionally skim the open forum, but other than that I'm a lazy forum goer. Perhaps I should explore more? Now that the summer is upon me I have more than a little free time. Hmmm. Maybe.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:15 am
Zeppelin wrote:
Perhaps I should explore more? Now that the summer is upon me I have more than a little free time. Hmmm. Maybe.

But then who will milk the cows, water the fields and crap the dog? You owe it to your family, to America, to stick to the path that was chosen for you.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:28 am
majoraphasia wrote:
Zeppelin wrote:
Perhaps I should explore more? Now that the summer is upon me I have more than a little free time. Hmmm. Maybe.

But then who will milk the cows, water the fields and crap the dog? You owe it to your family, to America, to stick to the path that was chosen for you.

Q: Am I helping the dog crap or crapping it out myself? I never was clear on that part of my job description.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 am