Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:18 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Game of Thrones 
Post Re: Game of Thrones
Yeah, I never really got into the Wheel of Time, just for that reason. I had a bunch of buddies that read it and were devistated when Jordon died. And now that he's passed there's no way i'm going to read 10 books of his story by him and 2 books by someone else.

To get back on topic though, i've been reading that blog you posted earlier, daily. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:42 pm
Blech, so it now appears that no decision on picking up the series will be made by HBO execs until March. Hopefully, the pilot will air before then, at least.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:32 pm
Game of Thrones has officially been picked up by HBO and will be debuting next spring.

http://winter-is-coming.net/

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 pm
stiefmo wrote:
Game of Thrones has officially been picked up by HBO and will be debuting next spring.

http://winter-is-coming.net/

All I have to say to this is:

YYYYEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:47 pm
Now for the LONG wait. :|

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:17 pm
One bit of casting news: Catelyn Stark will now be played by Michelle Fairley as a replacement for Jennifer Ehle. Also, the role of Daenarys Targaryen may be recast if rumors are true.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:51 pm
This is such great news. If HBO can bring their typical quality to this project... WOW!

Now if they had only stuck with their plans to do The Preacher....

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:34 am
MunichMan wrote:
This is such great news. If HBO can bring their typical quality to this project... WOW!

Now if they had only stuck with their plans to do The Preacher....

Preacher for the win- here's the last status I heard as far as Preacher goes. John August, who wrote Big Fish, Corpse Bride, and some other Tim Burton films among others, is developing a script for Sam Mendes who is overseeing the project currently. He is attached to direct at this point, but you know how that goes. This project would be extremely controversial if they were to stick to the original material, but fabtabulous if it was to be pulled off.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:03 pm
Quality talent behind the Preacher project, but I don't see how in the world they can do it on one film. Not effectively, that is.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:45 am
Completely agree, the mini-series akin to John Adams or Band of Brothers would probably would be the best format, 10 issues 10 episodes.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 pm
Started a graphic novel thread in the Open Forum... ;)

Now to get back on subject-- memo to George R.R. Martin... FINISH THE DAMN BOOK ALREADY!!!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:50 pm
MunichMan wrote:
Started a graphic novel thread in the Open Forum... ;)

Now to get back on subject-- memo to George R.R. Martin... FINISH THE DAMN BOOK ALREADY!!!

Seriously, don't hold your breath on Dance of Dragons. I've given up anticipation for that book months ago when it became clear that Martin is dicking around or has been hit with a case of writer's block. I just hope he finishes the series before he dies.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm
In a mildly related note, Patrick Rothfuss's 2nd book Wise Man's Fear has an official release date of March 1st, 2011.... Which sucks, but at least we now know.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:38 am
stiefmo wrote:
In a mildly related note, Patrick Rothfuss's 2nd book Wise Man's Fear has an official release date of March 1st, 2011.... Which sucks, but at least we now know.

This is good to hear. Rothfuss has had far better reasons than Martin for the delay between the first book of that series and the upcoming installment.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 pm
A bit of news: Emilia Clarke has been cast to replace Tamzin Merchant in the pivotal role of Daenerys Targaryen. She is a newcomer with little experience, so it's hard to say what to expect as with others in the cast (like Maisie Williams). We shall see...

Sat May 22, 2010 8:58 pm
For some very stranger reason, my mental picture of Daenerys is very close to Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennett from Heroes. Save the Cheerleader, save the world!).

I have no reason why, but that's who came to mind while reading the book. Speaking of book, WHERE'S MY FINALE!!! I would love to have at least a tentative release date, as I need to time my re-reading...

Sun May 23, 2010 8:33 am
Just going through his blog. Apparently he has nearly 1300 pages written, and there will be TWO more books, at least. Dance With Dragons and Winds of winter.

At least he's keeping people updated on the progress.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:41 am
MunichMan wrote:
Just going through his blog. Apparently he has nearly 1300 pages written, and there will be TWO more books, at least. Dance With Dragons and Winds of winter.

At least he's keeping people updated on the progress.

My advice to you is to just try to forget about it- that way, when Martin finally finishes the goddamn book (A Dance With Dragons), it'll come as a pleasant surprise. From what I've heard, he's more focused on writing the screenplays for the upcoming HBO adaptation, which is to start filming in earnest in July.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:07 pm
Teaser trailer premiered last night before True Blood. BONERIFIC. I mean it's like 25 seconds of very quick flashes of this and that but they're keeping the tagline of Winter is Coming, which although incredibly obvious, is incredibly relieving. Ned Stark looks perfect, aaaahhhh go to you tube now, sorry I can't put the link up, work comps don't like you tube.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:07 pm
I've just updated the cast list on the first page of the thread to reflect the new castings as well as roles that have either been recast or are currently vacant while a replacement if being sought after. Also, filming of the series has officially started today, so we wait for next year to see it!!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next