Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:50 am

What should you be doing right now? 
Post Re: What should you be doing right now?
Robert Holloway wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
I should be boosting my post count.

Oh look, I am.

No you should not!!!!
You should be out drinking martinis, driving your Aston and and saving Britain from the bad guys!
Rob

Maybe in this order, though: Driving the Aston, Saving Britain, and then drinking martinis. :mrgreen:

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:35 pm
James Berardinelli wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
Exams suck, :(.

Precisely why I will never go back to school. I love the process of learning but I hate taking exams.

If I had enough money, I might considering auditing some courses, but in this dire financial climate, that's not an option.

I assume if you're auditing a course, you don't have to hand in any papers.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:29 pm
thewatcher wrote:
I should be writing an English paper on Intelligent Design, but I'd rather sit in the dorm, play guitar, and read about us all wasting time.

I'm glad I'm not you. If I had to write a paper on "intelligent design", I'd be at it for the next two years.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 pm
Patrick wrote:
Well, James watches us mods. Sheryl watches James and nobody watch Sheryl cause woman has pepper spray ready to blind men!

I WIN!

lmao!!!

all along the watchtower, princes kept the view
while all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:53 pm
JamesBond007 wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
I should be writing an English paper on Intelligent Design, but I'd rather sit in the dorm, play guitar, and read about us all wasting time.

I'm glad I'm not you. If I had to write a paper on "intelligent design", I'd be at it for the next two years.

Yeah, it's not that bad, I'm doing a Research/Analysis on where, if anywhere, Intelligent Design should be discussed in our University

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 pm
Permanent answer: Sleeping

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 pm
thewatcher wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

Yeah, it's not that bad, I'm doing a Research/Analysis on where, if anywhere, Intelligent Design should be discussed in our University

Nothing wrong with discussion.

Teaching might be an issue though.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 am
Quote:

Teaching might be an issue though
But professors who do research it should definitely not be being blacklisted; that hinders scientific progress

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:06 am
I should be sleeping, but I'm not going to let such petty concerns as "bodily needs" stop me from posting!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:47 am
i should be designing something right now, or at least thinking of ideas. have to hand in my portfolio in 2 weeks or so. if not that, i should be sleeping.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:02 pm
thewatcher wrote:
Quote:

Teaching might be an issue though
But professors who do research it should definitely not be being blacklisted; that hinders scientific progress

Research is OK. Discussion is OK. Teaching, hmmm.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 pm
I should be walking the classroom making sure none of these hoodlums are cheating on this quiz...

Thankfully though, the cheaters usually cheat off of failures...

Kids love math.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:29 pm
Recommending and supporting amortization policies for patent and machinery of {insert generic company name}. Financial Accounting finals in two days not to mention first day of my annual business operations on April 1. Should be cramming and being antisocial.

Instead, am alternating practicing guitar with reading John Grisham. going our later on for some Italian. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a movie in ages - no no, I shouldn't be thinking like this :S !!

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:24 pm
ram1312 wrote:
I should be walking the classroom making sure none of these hoodlums are cheating on this quiz...

Thankfully though, the cheaters usually cheat off of failures...

Kids love math.

You won't believe the measures university kids take these days to get away with crap like this, haha, Scribbling on your hand used to be state of the art. Last term we had a guy photocopy the label of a Vegetable Juice drink and scribe out his entire essay on it. Would've worked too if he hadn't been bait by holding it up to the light to read it. Another guy had an earpiece and recorded his entire essay onto an Ipod at a rate that he could write it out again as he read it. Both were busted so I wonder what the moral of the story is :P

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 pm
Today I should be establishing a baseline for research application that would compare and contrast: ex-post facto studies, correlational studies and experiments. My focus should primarily be on explaining the independant, dependant and dynamic variables and identification of the correlations that may possibly result in various outcomes.

But instead I'm going to go clean the snow off my work truck and put some stuff inside it. We'll see how that goes.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm
I should be:

-Applying for jobs (Will anyone here be looking to hire a newly-graduated computer engineer in about two months?)
-Working on my final year project
-Studying for one of my three midterms next week
-Getting exercise like I did last semester when I was taking easy courses and not worrying about my future
-Pretty much doing anything but posting on a forum about what I should be doing or why breasts should be allowed in movies

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:44 pm
Right now, I probably should be sleeping, since I have to get up in the morning for work.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:54 pm