Inglorious Basterds 47%  47%  [ 15 ]
Precious 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
A Serious Man 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Up 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Up in the Air 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 32

Poll #41: Best Picture 
Post Poll #41: Best Picture
What do you want to Best Picture to be? Simple enough but I don't want you picking what WILL win, just what you want.

And I'm taking out The Blind Side since no one wants that to win.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:35 pm
Post Re: Poll #41: Best Picture
I'm going with Inglorious Basterds since it's pretty much one of the best World War II fanfiction stories ever made.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:36 pm
Critic

I went with Inglourious Basterds as well because it's an incredible piece of pure cinema.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 pm
Of these films...I've only seen four. Up, Inglourious Basterds, The Hurt Locker, and A Serious Man.

All are incredible pictures, but I'm also another Basterd whore.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 pm
My pick was Inglourious Basterds as well. As it actually was the best movie of the year (and decade), picking was easy.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:53 pm
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everything, but any selection other than Inglourious Basterds is just incorrect.

I'd also like to tell Quentin Tarantino that I've typed the word inglorious with an extra "u" way too many times. It causes spelling errors whenever I try to type the word separate from the movie title. Pavlov and his stupid dog.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:37 pm
:lol:

What? Let's have some variety in the poll people. My pick was going to be The Blind Side, but since I can't have my way I went with my #2 movie of the year, IB by QT.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 pm
Yeah, I voted for Inglourious Basterds. However, I watched part of the ending of The Hurt Locker on 60 Minutes the other day and really dug it. I don't remember digging it that much when I saw it theatrically. I think I owe The Locker That is Hurt another viewing.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

What? Let's have some variety in the poll people. My pick was going to be The Blind Side, but since I can't have my way I went with my #2 movie of the year, IB by QT.

And this despite Diane Kruger's decidedly un-Bullockish turn. Refresh my memory: what was it about Kruger you hated so?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:57 pm
In all honesty: Inglourious Basterds.

For the sake of variety, though: A Serious Man.

If either of those two or the Hurt Locker win, I'll be sound as a pound.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 pm
The Hurt Locker. Inglourious Basterds for me was the second best movie of last year.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 am
Director

The Hurt Locker - I can relate to being in a war zone and I've worked with EOD guys in the past.

Plus it's the only one I've seen.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:55 am
DylnFan96818 wrote:
The Hurt Locker - I can relate to being in a war zone and I've worked with EOD guys in the past.

Plus it's the only one I've seen.
It's a pick I definitely can't fault you for, but you owe it to yourself to see IB and A Serious Man as soon as possible. They'll reaffirm your love for movies.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am
majoraphasia wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

And this despite Diane Kruger's decidedly un-Bullockish turn. Refresh my memory: what was it about Kruger you hated so?

I just don't like Diane Kruger in general. I've never been sold on her acting ability and am confused about why she continues to get work. Scratch that, I'm confused over why she was cast in a good movie like IB. Here's an unusual criticism: I think she has a bad German accent. More specifically: she generally speaks English with little or no accent, however in IB she used a (fake?) German accent while speaking the Queen's. I thought it was dreadful. Of course, I might be wrong and the thing could have been real and terrific. Who knows? (Someone probably does...)

Also...I should not say this and I should stop typing...her feet turned me off big time. I know QT has a foot fetish and I'm cool with that. Hell, I thought the (extended edition only?) B&W scene in Death Proof where Kurt Russell fondles Rosario Dawson's feet was crazy hot, but the one in IB was not not not.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:30 pm
Critic

ed_metal_head wrote:
Also...I should not say this and I should stop typing...her feet turned me off big time. I know QT has a foot fetish and I'm cool with that. Hell, I thought the (extended edition only?) B&W scene in Death Proof where Kurt Russell fondles Rosario Dawson's feet was crazy hot, but the one in IB was not not not.

Strange point to focus on. For QT that was a pretty mild foot scene. Unlike Jackie Brown, where the camera basically jizzes on Bridget Fonda's hooves.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:42 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Strange point to focus on. For QT that was a pretty mild foot scene. Unlike Jackie Brown, where the camera basically jizzes on Bridget Fonda's hooves.

Remember I'm bothered more by Diane Kruger than by the scene. If Melanie Laurent or even Brad Pitt was in that chair I'd be fine.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:45 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

I just almost choked to death on a chicken sandwich. Your use of "hooves" has brightened a dreary day.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm
Critic

majoraphasia wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

I just almost choked to death on a chicken sandwich. Your use of "hooves" has brightened a dreary day.

No problem Major, I do what I can :D

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:19 pm
Producer

Up was easily the best film of 2009!

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:43 pm