Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Poll #39: Best Director...Beyond Thunderdome! 

Who will win in Thunderdome
Kathryn Bigelow 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
James Cameron 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Lee Daniels 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jason Reitman 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Quentin Taratino 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 22

Poll #39: Best Director...Beyond Thunderdome! 
Post Poll #39: Best Director...Beyond Thunderdome!
I apologize for the lateness of the poll but I thought it was Tuesday and not Wednesday...so here's the poll. Which Best Director nominee will win in a fight in the Thunderdome....FIVE PEOPLE ENTER, ONE PERSON LEAVES!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:56 pm
Post Re: Poll #39: Best Director...Beyond Thunderdome!
I'm going with Cameron, he seems wily and extremely knowledgeable of weapons and kill zones.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:57 pm
Quentin Tarantino.

1. He's the best director of the five.
2. I'm pretty sure he's out of his fucking mind.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:22 pm
Definately Tarantino. As a huge film buff, he has most undoubtedly seen Beyond Thunderdome and thus knows the tricks to using your harness as a slingshot to elevate yourself high enough to get the chainsaw off the wall. After that, he's going Leatherface on all these chumps. Meanwhile, Cameron will be trying to figure out how to make the most money off the deal, Bigelow will be trying to throw it in Cameron's face that she's still bangable and has moved on, Daniels will be too busy worrying about how his suit/sweater combo looks, and Reitman will be too busy trying to wit his way out of the Thunderdome to no avail.

Last edited by stiefmo on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:24 pm
You underestimate the inventiveness and shrewdness of James Cameron. He'd clearly invent some sort of killer machine to come to his aid. Besides, I don't think QT can take a punch.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:09 pm
True, QT does have a HUGE chin. Again because QT has seen the majority of modern cinema, he will know every move that Cameron can come up with, as Cameron only rehashes ideas and doesn't think originally.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:17 pm
QT has actually been in highly publicized fights. Some guy tried to bite his nipple off once. He's apparently pretty tough in a scrap.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 pm
Exactly.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:11 pm
Re Jim Cameron - His ex wife eats him for dinner
Rob

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:02 am
Ken wrote:
Quentin Tarantino.

2. I'm pretty sure he's out of his fucking mind.

agreed

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 am
stiefmo wrote:
Definately Tarantino. As a huge film buff, he has most undoubtedly seen Beyond Thunderdome and thus knows the tricks to using your harness as a slingshot to elevate yourself high enough to get the chainsaw off the wall. After that, he's going Leatherface on all these chumps. Meanwhile, Cameron will be trying to figure out how to make the most money off the deal, Bigelow will be trying to throw it in Cameron's face that she's still bangable and has moved on, Daniels will be too busy worrying about how his suit/sweater combo looks, and Reitman will be too busy trying to wit his way out of the Thunderdome to no avail.

:lol: :lol: :lol: - This is exactly what would happen.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 am
QT all the way. There won't even be a fight. Tarantino grabs the mike and starts talking. Eardrums burst and people lose their balance. It's over.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 am
You guys are all way the f*ck off. I'm the lone vote for Jason Reitman and I'm gonna tell you exactly what that little guy's in for a victory:

While QT, Bigelow, Daniels, and Cameron pulverize one another, Reitman (off in a corner in a big puddle of his own urine) will watch the alpha members of the directorial pack tear one another to shreds. QT will slice through Cameron using only his razor-sharp chin, Cameron (in his last moments of breath) will slice his ex-wife in half with the dismembered head of QT. Lee Daniels, gentleman that he is, will attempt to attempt to keep himself blood-free and slip in an unseen pile of QT's type-B positive. He'll snap that pretty neck of his.

Moments later the coward Reitman will emerge from his urine puddle and claim victory. He'll accept all kinds of awards and honor for his dubious victory and never look back.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
QT all the way. There won't even be a fight. Tarantino grabs the mike and starts talking. Eardrums burst and people lose their balance. It's over.

That sounds about right. After hearing him use the word "Okaayyy" 7000 times during his speech the audience will develop a bloodthirst and storm the dome, killing everyone. Audience wins.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:21 pm
I went with QT but he's not a lock. This could be the most anticipated Best Director award off all-time.

Bigelow has a few things going for her: a good film, gender and QT and Cameron could split votes.

Cameron already has his award and Avatar is more of a great spectacle than a great film.

QT made a great film and he'll get a lot of sorry-you-got-fucked-by-Forrest Gump votes.

Plus, Basterds is likely the best of all the films nominated (granted I have not seen them all).

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:00 am