Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 am




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The First Annual ReelViews Academy Award Nominations 
Author Message
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
Okay sure, PM your votes to me with your choice of winner.


Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
I completely forgot to make my ballot and send it in so is it possible for me to vote now? If I'm not able to it's understandable.


Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
So when are the winners announced? I hope it's not quite in March.


Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
gkanchan wrote:
So when are the winners announced? I hope it's not quite in March.


Well, we'll see. Only three people have sent in votes for who they think should win. If I don't get at least ten votes, I'm just going to choose the winner based on how they're ranked in my Word document.


Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
No The Princess and the Frog in Animated Feature? Damn. :( I admit I didn't participate in the nomination voting, but still disappointing. How many votes did it get? I assume enough people saw it, judging by its two song nominations.


Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
estefan wrote:
No The Princess and the Frog in Animated Feature? Damn. :( I admit I didn't participate in the nomination voting, but still disappointing. How many votes did it get? I assume enough people saw it, judging by its two song nominations.

I liked The Princess and the Frog, but there were a ton of great animated films this year, so it fell down to 6 or 7 on my list.


Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:39 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
Trevor wrote:
estefan wrote:
No The Princess and the Frog in Animated Feature? Damn. :( I admit I didn't participate in the nomination voting, but still disappointing. How many votes did it get? I assume enough people saw it, judging by its two song nominations.

I liked The Princess and the Frog, but there were a ton of great animated films this year, so it fell down to 6 or 7 on my list.


I agree, I liked it and felt it was a nice return to traditional Disney form but it was the best year in animated film that I can recall.


Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
I'm trying not to be daft here, Pedro, but I assumed that you were determining the winners based on how we ranked them in our nominations. Has this been changed? I see at the bottom of page 1 some individuals wanting to vote again. What does this refer to?

So do the nominations you listed on Page 1 still stand? Will the winners be determined as I mentioned above? Or do I PM you the my choice of winners out of the nominations you listed on Page 1, or is the whole process being done over??


Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
gkanchan wrote:
I'm trying not to be daft here, Pedro, but I assumed that you were determining the winners based on how we ranked them in our nominations. Has this been changed? I see at the bottom of page 1 some individuals wanting to vote again. What does this refer to?

So do the nominations you listed on Page 1 still stand? Will the winners be determined as I mentioned above? Or do I PM you the my choice of winners out of the nominations you listed on Page 1, or is the whole process being done over??


The winners will be based on the new votes you guys send in, assuming at least four more people send their votes in. (I'd really like seven to fifteen more people to vote, though.)

So PM your choice of winners to me. :D


Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
Pedro wrote:
gkanchan wrote:
I'm trying not to be daft here, Pedro, but I assumed that you were determining the winners based on how we ranked them in our nominations. Has this been changed? I see at the bottom of page 1 some individuals wanting to vote again. What does this refer to?

So do the nominations you listed on Page 1 still stand? Will the winners be determined as I mentioned above? Or do I PM you the my choice of winners out of the nominations you listed on Page 1, or is the whole process being done over??


The winners will be based on the new votes you guys send in, assuming at least four more people send their votes in. (I'd really like seven to fifteen more people to vote, though.)

So PM your choice of winners to me. :D


Deadline? I'd like to see a few more of our nominees in the time.


Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:21 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
ed_metal_head wrote:
Deadline? I'd like to see a few more of our nominees in the time.


I suppose March 7th at around midnight's fair, eh? After the real Oscars.


Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
Pedro wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
Deadline? I'd like to see a few more of our nominees in the time.


I suppose March 7th at around midnight's fair, eh? After the real Oscars.


Coolio. Sorry to be daft, but do we just PM the winner or do we rank them in order again?


Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
Mary & Max should win animation easily as it has not even been released in the US at theaters or on DVD :-)
Rob


Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
ed_metal_head wrote:
Pedro wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
Deadline? I'd like to see a few more of our nominees in the time.


I suppose March 7th at around midnight's fair, eh? After the real Oscars.


Coolio. Sorry to be daft, but do we just PM the winner or do we rank them in order again?


Just the winner, my good sir.


Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
Right-o, I just voted. Not sure if Pedro will get enough votes, but just in case you might want to submit something now.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:32 am
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
ed_metal_head wrote:
Right-o, I just voted. Not sure if Pedro will get enough votes, but just in case you might want to submit something now.


We're past the mark, but I'd still like more votes. What do we do in the event of a tie? (As it stands right now, there are at least three ties.)


Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr