Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The First Annual ReelViews Academy Award Nominations 
Post Re: The First Annual ReelViews Academy Awards Nominations
Okay sure, PM your votes to me with your choice of winner.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 pm
I completely forgot to make my ballot and send it in so is it possible for me to vote now? If I'm not able to it's understandable.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm
So when are the winners announced? I hope it's not quite in March.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 pm
gkanchan wrote:
So when are the winners announced? I hope it's not quite in March.

Well, we'll see. Only three people have sent in votes for who they think should win. If I don't get at least ten votes, I'm just going to choose the winner based on how they're ranked in my Word document.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm
No The Princess and the Frog in Animated Feature? Damn. :( I admit I didn't participate in the nomination voting, but still disappointing. How many votes did it get? I assume enough people saw it, judging by its two song nominations.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 pm
estefan wrote:
No The Princess and the Frog in Animated Feature? Damn. :( I admit I didn't participate in the nomination voting, but still disappointing. How many votes did it get? I assume enough people saw it, judging by its two song nominations.

I liked The Princess and the Frog, but there were a ton of great animated films this year, so it fell down to 6 or 7 on my list.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:39 pm
Trevor wrote:
estefan wrote:

I liked The Princess and the Frog, but there were a ton of great animated films this year, so it fell down to 6 or 7 on my list.

I agree, I liked it and felt it was a nice return to traditional Disney form but it was the best year in animated film that I can recall.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 pm
I'm trying not to be daft here, Pedro, but I assumed that you were determining the winners based on how we ranked them in our nominations. Has this been changed? I see at the bottom of page 1 some individuals wanting to vote again. What does this refer to?

So do the nominations you listed on Page 1 still stand? Will the winners be determined as I mentioned above? Or do I PM you the my choice of winners out of the nominations you listed on Page 1, or is the whole process being done over??

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm
gkanchan wrote:
I'm trying not to be daft here, Pedro, but I assumed that you were determining the winners based on how we ranked them in our nominations. Has this been changed? I see at the bottom of page 1 some individuals wanting to vote again. What does this refer to?

So do the nominations you listed on Page 1 still stand? Will the winners be determined as I mentioned above? Or do I PM you the my choice of winners out of the nominations you listed on Page 1, or is the whole process being done over??

The winners will be based on the new votes you guys send in, assuming at least four more people send their votes in. (I'd really like seven to fifteen more people to vote, though.)

So PM your choice of winners to me. :D

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 pm
Pedro wrote:
gkanchan wrote:

The winners will be based on the new votes you guys send in, assuming at least four more people send their votes in. (I'd really like seven to fifteen more people to vote, though.)

So PM your choice of winners to me. :D

Deadline? I'd like to see a few more of our nominees in the time.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:21 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

I suppose March 7th at around midnight's fair, eh? After the real Oscars.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Pedro wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Coolio. Sorry to be daft, but do we just PM the winner or do we rank them in order again?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm
Mary & Max should win animation easily as it has not even been released in the US at theaters or on DVD :-)
Rob

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Pedro wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Coolio. Sorry to be daft, but do we just PM the winner or do we rank them in order again?

Just the winner, my good sir.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm
Right-o, I just voted. Not sure if Pedro will get enough votes, but just in case you might want to submit something now.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:32 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
Right-o, I just voted. Not sure if Pedro will get enough votes, but just in case you might want to submit something now.

We're past the mark, but I'd still like more votes. What do we do in the event of a tie? (As it stands right now, there are at least three ties.)

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2