It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:32 am

Poll #35: Best Commando One-Liner 

Best one-liner from Commando
Let off some steam Bennet. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Remember when I said I'll kill you last...I lied. 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
I eat Green Berets for breakfast. And right now, I'm very hungry! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired. 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Why don't they just call him Girl George? It would cut down on the confusion. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

Poll #35: Best Commando One-Liner 
Post Poll #35: Best Commando One-Liner
Here's a fun poll, the best Arnold one-liner in Commando. And I'm aware I may be leaving some out but they don't work on their own that well. They need a set-up from some other person and that's why they're not there.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am
Post Re: Poll #35: Best Commando One-Liner
I'm going with "I lied"...it never falls to cheer me up.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 am
Patrick wrote:
I'm going with "I lied"...it never falls to cheer me up.
Same here, and here's something interesting-almost the exact same line was used in the video game-Dead To Rights II

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 pm
It is tough to get all the good lines into a poll about "Commando".

(as a guy is being held upside down by his leg)
"Listen, loyalty is very touching. But it is not the most important thing in your life right now! But what IS important is gravity!"

I voted for the "kill you last" line...

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 pm
Agree with Patrick. A great one-liner that follows a great one-liner.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:03 pm
You know, it's funny. I've never seen Commando but I still had no difficulty putting each and every one of those quotes in what I'm sure is the 100% correct context.

I voted for the "dead tired" line because I can only imagine how Arnold delivered it. Suffocating a guy in his sleep? That sounds funny! Was it that?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 pm
The last time I saw Commando was many, many years ago back when I was dolly.

I voted "Dead Tired" because I can't remember the movie, but my ex-mistress would often repeat the line while I slipped into my dried cow skin (leather ;) ) boots.

|E&&M != H||H

* No malice was intended in this post. Hope this is received in the spirit it was intended. However, a few small animals were hurt.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
You know, it's funny. I've never seen Commando but I still had no difficulty putting each and every one of those quotes in what I'm sure is the 100% correct context.

I voted for the "dead tired" line because I can only imagine how Arnold delivered it. Suffocating a guy in his sleep? That sounds funny! Was it that?

.....who am I to shatter your dreams

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
The last time I saw Commando was many, many years ago back when I was dolly.

I voted "Dead Tired" because I can't remember the movie, but my ex-mistress would often repeat the line while I slipped into my dried cow skin (leather ;) ) boots.

|E&&M != H||H

* No malice was intended in this post. Hope this is received in the spirit it was intended. However, a few small animals were hurt.

Keep it up and you're gonna find yourself at the business end of a really, really, really sharp piece of paper. Not so much "sharp" as really thin. But those paper cuts? Motherfucker... they are gonna BBBBUUUUUUURNNNNNN.

Patrick wrote:
.....who am I to shatter your dreams

Too late, Patrick. Too late. Once the kids pops out of the wife all of your dreams of performing in front of a Blondie cover band just dry the hell up. Gone! Bye dreams!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:56 pm
Holy shit major....

When the hell are you due? And how the hell is that going?

Oh, and I also voted for the dead tired line...I like his delivery.

So when is the Predator One-Liner Poll Pats?

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 am
ram1312 wrote:
Holy shit major....

Good news, ram1312. It turns out that I can't get pregnant after an aggressive night of forced male-on-male copulation. When my OB-GYN told me that I literally felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders. And by "weight of the world" I mean a strange, leather-clad guy named Damien.

And also: the kid is something like 11, 12.. 13 months. 14 months. Something like that. She talks a bit. Walks. Hard to pay attention when I spend most of my time planning what brilliant thing I'll say next on the Reelviews Forum.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 am
majoraphasia wrote:
ram1312 wrote:
Holy shit major....

Good news, ram1312. It turns out that I can't get pregnant after an aggressive night of forced male-on-male copulation. When my OB-GYN told me that I literally felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders. And by "weight of the world" I mean a strange, leather-clad guy named Damien.

And also: the kid is something like 11, 12.. 13 months. 14 months. Something like that. She talks a bit. Walks. Hard to pay attention when I spend most of my time planning what brilliant thing I'll say next on the Reelviews Forum.

:lol:

Knock it off Major. I figured you already had a kid, I just read it as you guys about to have another. Dude, congrats on just one kid at the age of 30. Me? Three kids and I'll turn 30 this year...I'm working hard on maintaining the Mexican stereotype. And by working hard I mean laying pipe.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 am
ram1312 wrote:
Knock it off Major. I figured you already had a kid, I just read it as you guys about to have another. Dude, congrats on just one kid at the age of 30. Me? Three kids and I'll turn 30 this year...I'm working hard on maintaining the Mexican stereotype. And by working hard I mean laying pipe.

To Patrick: I promise to get this thread back on point by the end of my post. My word, sir. My word.

To ram1312 and all trying to follow along: Kids are expensive! Wow! I mean: WOW! And all the things that I figured would get done, easily, after the kid was born? No! No time! When I tell you I had the whole thing mapped out totally wrong I'm telling you I had the WHOLE THING mapped out totally wrong. "Oh, we'll find a babysitter and go see Avatar!" The amount of planning required for that could balance this nation's budget in the same amount of time. And did I mention expensive?! I still owe, like, fucking millions in student loans. And, as if you all hadn't figured it out by now, living as pinko liberals in America is even more expensive. Cloth diapers, people. After a while you want to tell momma nature to go screw herself so you can strap some dimestore Pampers knock-offs to the kid and have a cup of Fair Trade tea. No, I'm not kidding about the tea.

But then the kid says the word "no" when you try to take her to bed and it's all hilarious and heart-warming as if you're the only person to have experienced it in the history of tens of billions of people. Tens of billions.

But, yeah, we're going to "try" pretty soon. To which I say: sorry, static pictures of Salma Hayek on the internet... I've got work to do.

This thread was turned x-rated by me alone. That's some responsibility.

Anyway, as soon as we're done "trying" I'm going to skip over to the local video store and rent Commando to see just how hilarious the one-liners are.

See? Told you I'd get it back on topic, Patrick.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:56 am
I have a nosebleed.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 pm