Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Poll ideas! 
Author Message
Post Re: Poll ideas!
I will be taking care of sports polls (excepting soccer, since I couldn't care less) in General Discussion.

Because, frankly, I think this Lord Of The Rings poll idea is lame, it was basically started by one person (who might be the only person to vote against there having been three films), and if video games and David Lee Roth's crotch are reputable poll ideas, then sports are, too.


Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:35 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Evenflow8112 wrote:
David Lee Roth's crotch


How do I search for that? ;)

Anyone else think DLR's radio show wasn't that bad? I heard him tell some amazing stories about Van Halen and the music creation experience.


Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
MrGuinness wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
David Lee Roth's crotch


How do I search for that? ;)

Anyone else think DLR's radio show wasn't that bad? I heard him tell some amazing stories about Van Halen and the music creation experience.


You don't, I never polled about DLR's crotch. Just to see if he was better than Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.


Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:42 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Patrick wrote:
MrGuinness wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
(1)David Lee Roth's crotch


How do I search for that? ;)

Anyone else think DLR's radio show wasn't that bad? I heard him tell some amazing stories about Van Halen and the music creation experience.


You don't, I never polled about DLR's crotch. Just to see if he was better than (2)Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.


1=2.


Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:46 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Patrick wrote:
Just to see if he was better than Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.


Its funny that this is even debatable... Van Halen was innovative and defining. Van Hager was mainstream.


Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:48 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
MrGuinness wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Just to see if he was better than Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.


Its funny that this is even debatable... Van Halen was innovative and defining. Van Hager was mainstream.


And it stands as the biggest failure on the polls.....lousy awesome Van Halen.


Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:53 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Evenflow8112 wrote:
I will be taking care of sports polls (excepting soccer, since I couldn't care less) in General Discussion.

Because, frankly, I think this Lord Of The Rings poll idea is lame, it was basically started by one person (who might be the only person to vote against there having been three films), and if video games and David Lee Roth's crotch are reputable poll ideas, then sports are, too.


I'll make a mental note to pester Trevor for a World Cup related poll in the summer.

So...since you didn't mention Cricket, how about a poll on the Windies? It's Day 4 of 5 and they're putting up a nice fight against the Aussies you know. :D


Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 am
Post Re: Poll ideas!
MrGuinness wrote:
Its funny that this is even debatable... Van Halen was innovative and defining. Van Hager was mainstream.
Poll ideas:

Was Van Halen innovative and defining?
Was Van Hagar mainstream?
David Lee Roth's crotch?
Michael Anthony's mullet?


Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:10 am
Post Re: Poll ideas!
An actual poll idea, that may even be useful:

I will see Avatar:

As Soon as it Opens
Sometime in a Theater
I'll Wait For DVD
Never


Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:06 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
I'll wait for the reviews... Very on the fence about it. Kind of want a $400 million dollar movie to tank. Its just obnoxious.


Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:08 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
ed_metal_head wrote:
An actual poll idea, that may even be useful:

I will see Avatar:

As Soon as it Opens
Sometime in a Theater
I'll Wait For DVD
Never
How about "if I get around to it?"


Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Ken wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
An actual poll idea, that may even be useful:

I will see Avatar:

As Soon as it Opens
Sometime in a Theater
I'll Wait For DVD
Never
How about "if I get around to it?"


Consider it a first draft. Patrick Pollster Extraordinaire will no doubt shape it to his purposes. If he chooses it.


Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
WHAT IS THE BEST JAMES CAMERON FILM? (or what is your favourite James Cameron film)

a) Titanic
b) Aliens
c) the abyss
d) true lies
e) etc


Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:33 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
How about, which 2010 film are you most looking forward too seeing?

Green Hornet
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2
Alice in Wonderland
Inception
Shutter Island
Harry Potter 7.1
Other


Also, another idea would be; do you attend midnight showing to films when available? And if so how often?


Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:35 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
stiefmo wrote:
How about, which 2010 film are you most looking forward too seeing?

Green Hornet
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2
Alice in Wonderland
Inception
Shutter Island
Harry Potter 7.1
Other


Also, another idea would be; do you attend midnight showing to films when available? And if so how often?


Of those, def looking forward to Iron Man 2 & Shutter Island.
I used to do midnight showings, but they were more geared towards Kentucky Fried Movie, Boob Tube, The Wall & Rocky Horror. :)


Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am
Post Re: Poll ideas!
The Golden Globes are this Sunday. Perhaps a Wednesday poll based on the results would work. Biggest surprise, favourite moment or something along those lines.


Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:47 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
ed_metal_head wrote:
The Golden Globes are this Sunday. Perhaps a Wednesday poll based on the results would work. Biggest surprise, favourite moment or something along those lines.


Bah, I spit on the Golden Globes


Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Patrick wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
The Golden Globes are this Sunday. Perhaps a Wednesday poll based on the results would work. Biggest surprise, favourite moment or something along those lines.


Bah, I spit on the Golden Globes


Me too. There's nothing I detest more than seeing a film trailer advertise "Golden Globe Winner" or worse "Golden Globe Nominee". I'll be watching this year though. Ricky Gervais was my first choice for Oscar host, but the Globes snagged him instead. Hopefully he can add some spice to the proceedings.


Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
The Golden Globes are this Sunday. Perhaps a Wednesday poll based on the results would work. Biggest surprise, favourite moment or something along those lines.


Bah, I spit on the Golden Globes


Me too. There's nothing I detest more than seeing a film trailer advertise "Golden Globe Winner" or worse "Golden Globe Nominee". I'll be watching this year though. Ricky Gervais was my first choice for Oscar host, but the Globes snagged him instead. Hopefully he can add some spice to the proceedings.
Yeah, there's a good reason why the Globes are always made fun in shows like THe Simpsons and Family Guy, cause they're a complete and utter joke of an award that's riduclously easy for almost ANYBODY to win, hell Schwarzenneger won a Golden Globe, which should tell you how little value they have as an award.


Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 pm
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Will JD Salinger's family sell the film rights to Catcher in the Rye or stay true to his wishes?


Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr