Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Poll ideas! 
Post Re: Poll ideas!
I will be taking care of sports polls (excepting soccer, since I couldn't care less) in General Discussion.

Because, frankly, I think this Lord Of The Rings poll idea is lame, it was basically started by one person (who might be the only person to vote against there having been three films), and if video games and David Lee Roth's crotch are reputable poll ideas, then sports are, too.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:35 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
David Lee Roth's crotch

How do I search for that? ;)

Anyone else think DLR's radio show wasn't that bad? I heard him tell some amazing stories about Van Halen and the music creation experience.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 pm
MrGuinness wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
David Lee Roth's crotch

Anyone else think DLR's radio show wasn't that bad? I heard him tell some amazing stories about Van Halen and the music creation experience.

You don't, I never polled about DLR's crotch. Just to see if he was better than Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:42 pm
Patrick wrote:
MrGuinness wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
(1)David Lee Roth's crotch

You don't, I never polled about DLR's crotch. Just to see if he was better than (2)Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.

1=2.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:46 pm
Patrick wrote:
Just to see if he was better than Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.

Its funny that this is even debatable... Van Halen was innovative and defining. Van Hager was mainstream.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:48 pm
MrGuinness wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Just to see if he was better than Sammy Hagar as Van Halen's singer....Phil is just being moody.

Its funny that this is even debatable... Van Halen was innovative and defining. Van Hager was mainstream.

And it stands as the biggest failure on the polls.....lousy awesome Van Halen.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:53 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
I will be taking care of sports polls (excepting soccer, since I couldn't care less) in General Discussion.

Because, frankly, I think this Lord Of The Rings poll idea is lame, it was basically started by one person (who might be the only person to vote against there having been three films), and if video games and David Lee Roth's crotch are reputable poll ideas, then sports are, too.

I'll make a mental note to pester Trevor for a World Cup related poll in the summer.

So...since you didn't mention Cricket, how about a poll on the Windies? It's Day 4 of 5 and they're putting up a nice fight against the Aussies you know. :D

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 am
MrGuinness wrote:
Poll ideas:

Was Van Halen innovative and defining?
Was Van Hagar mainstream?
David Lee Roth's crotch?
Michael Anthony's mullet?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:10 am
An actual poll idea, that may even be useful:

I will see Avatar:

As Soon as it Opens
Sometime in a Theater
I'll Wait For DVD
Never

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:06 pm
I'll wait for the reviews... Very on the fence about it. Kind of want a $400 million dollar movie to tank. Its just obnoxious.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:08 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

I will see Avatar:

As Soon as it Opens
Sometime in a Theater
I'll Wait For DVD
Never
How about "if I get around to it?"

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 pm
Ken wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

I will see Avatar:

As Soon as it Opens
Sometime in a Theater
I'll Wait For DVD
Never
How about "if I get around to it?"

Consider it a first draft. Patrick Pollster Extraordinaire will no doubt shape it to his purposes. If he chooses it.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 pm
WHAT IS THE BEST JAMES CAMERON FILM? (or what is your favourite James Cameron film)

a) Titanic
b) Aliens
c) the abyss
d) true lies
e) etc

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:33 pm
How about, which 2010 film are you most looking forward too seeing?

Green Hornet
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2
Alice in Wonderland
Inception
Shutter Island
Harry Potter 7.1
Other

Also, another idea would be; do you attend midnight showing to films when available? And if so how often?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:35 pm
stiefmo wrote:
How about, which 2010 film are you most looking forward too seeing?

Green Hornet
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2
Alice in Wonderland
Inception
Shutter Island
Harry Potter 7.1
Other

Also, another idea would be; do you attend midnight showing to films when available? And if so how often?

Of those, def looking forward to Iron Man 2 & Shutter Island.
I used to do midnight showings, but they were more geared towards Kentucky Fried Movie, Boob Tube, The Wall & Rocky Horror. :)

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am
The Golden Globes are this Sunday. Perhaps a Wednesday poll based on the results would work. Biggest surprise, favourite moment or something along those lines.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:47 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
The Golden Globes are this Sunday. Perhaps a Wednesday poll based on the results would work. Biggest surprise, favourite moment or something along those lines.

Bah, I spit on the Golden Globes

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 pm
Patrick wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Me too. There's nothing I detest more than seeing a film trailer advertise "Golden Globe Winner" or worse "Golden Globe Nominee". I'll be watching this year though. Ricky Gervais was my first choice for Oscar host, but the Globes snagged him instead. Hopefully he can add some spice to the proceedings.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Me too. There's nothing I detest more than seeing a film trailer advertise "Golden Globe Winner" or worse "Golden Globe Nominee". I'll be watching this year though. Ricky Gervais was my first choice for Oscar host, but the Globes snagged him instead. Hopefully he can add some spice to the proceedings.
Yeah, there's a good reason why the Globes are always made fun in shows like THe Simpsons and Family Guy, cause they're a complete and utter joke of an award that's riduclously easy for almost ANYBODY to win, hell Schwarzenneger won a Golden Globe, which should tell you how little value they have as an award.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 pm
Will JD Salinger's family sell the film rights to Catcher in the Rye or stay true to his wishes?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next