Aliens 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
The Abyss 23%  23%  [ 13 ]
Terminator II 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
True Lies 27%  27%  [ 15 ]
Titanic 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 56

Poll #31: Worst of James Cameron 
Post Poll #31: Worst of James Cameron
I was going go with best James Cameron but they're boring so how about the worst of Cameron. Thanks Humga with the germ of the idea and remember, keep putting ideas in the poll ideas board.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 am
Post Re: Poll #31: Worst of James Cameron
The Abyss and I saw the Director's cut. I'm not saying it was bad but all I saw was a bunch of disjointed scenes that were in sequence due to sheer obligation.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 am
You forgot Piranha II: The Spawning. :D

Of the ones I've seen, I have to say True Lies is my least favorite.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:26 pm
Titanic, no questions asked. Some of the most nauseatingly bad dialogue i've EVER heard in a film and one of the worst on-screen couples of all time.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:04 pm
ShrunkenHead wrote:

And make the poll too one-sided

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:58 pm
Patrick wrote:
ShrunkenHead wrote:

And make the poll too one-sided

True, everyone would vote for it regardless of whether or not they had seen it.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:16 pm
I'll take H) None of the Above

Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:22 pm
I have to go with The Abyss. Great first half, but loses momentum and never truly achieves anything more than decent.
The visuals of Titanic automatically raise it above his worst, despite story and characters I don't really like or care for.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:30 pm
Aliens is a decent action flick, but it destroys the mystique of Alien which just happens to be one of my all time favs. More depressing is the fact that Aliens has more Oscar nominations (7) than Alien (2). That pseudo-family crap that Cameron pushes really gets to me. I'd leave Newt for the mother alien.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:49 pm
Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Have tried, believe me I've tried, cannot stand it.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:38 pm
I'm going with the Abyss even though I still liked it. Of all his films, I think this one is the biggest mess. It goes all over the place and isn't entirely successful and parts of it were pretty boring. I thought Michel Biehn's performance was also pretty terrible. It also has all the problems of a typical Cameron film (some cheesy dialogue, too long). I did watch the director's cut.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 am
Blace wrote:
I thought Michel Biehn's performance was also pretty terrible. It also has all the problems of a typical Cameron film (some cheesy dialogue, too long). I did watch the director's cut.

Funny you should say that, as Terminator is currently the only film in the poll nobody voted for, as well as the only film in poll under 2 hours.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:59 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

Of all of these, True Lies, definitely. I watched that and just couldn't believe it was made by the same guy that did Aliens and Terminator II. It's such a mess. It doesn't know what it wants to be, which I know some people find charming, the whole comedy/action thing. Sometimes it can work, but here it just felt so forced. And Arnold schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis have worse screen chemistry than Leo and Kate in Titanic. Tom Arnold also doesn't add anything. To those criticizing The Abyss: at least it aspired to be something, even if you think it failed. I'm pretty neutral about the film. it succeeded in some parts, and failed in others. Mediocre. But True Lies aspires to be nothing. ...Okay, /rant. :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:04 am
Profile WWW
Out of the ones I've seen, True Lies is the weakest. But it had its charms. For example: He promises to kill a guy after an injection of sodium pentathol and proves that he can't, in fact, lie.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:04 am
Hmm, I was with Avatar

but hold on, i still thought it was a good film.

Magical FX and vision, but after that.......

Rob

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:53 am
Producer

Avatar is easily my least favorite of his.

1. Aliens - 10/10
2. Terminator 2 - 10/10
3. True Lies - 9/10
4. Titanic - 9/10
5. The Terminator - 7/10
6. Avatar - 7/10

Still need to see The Abyss.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm
Director

Avatar. Great looking film with an average script.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:23 pm
Profile YIM
Assistant Director

Vexer wrote:
Titanic, no questions asked. Some of the most nauseatingly bad dialogue i've EVER heard in a film and one of the worst on-screen couples of all time.

I don't get it. It's been THIRTEEN YEARS since Titanic came out? Why are people still hating on it? IT'S A GOOD MOVIE! Up until Avatar, it was the highest grossing movie of all time! That means that some people had to like it!

I think the problem is that the gossip magazines kept forcefeeding us crap about it and everyone turned on it.

The people who are hating on it are either lying to "look cool" (it's a romance...so what?) or because they haven't watched it in a long time and haven't seen it recently.

I just watched it a few weeks ago and it's AMAZING!

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
My vote goes to Titanic, which proves that even at his weakest (although many, including of course, the Academy members think otherwise) he's capable of compelling filmmaking. My main problem with the film was the writing which, while far from awful, wasn't very inspired from a dialogue standpoint. The script certainly accomplishes the task of setting up the story and moving it along but the characters rarely have anything interesting or original to say (although the dialogue here doesn't sink to the depths of Pearl Harbor, which was a sloppy and transparent attempt to ride Titanic's coattails). In some ways, Titanic is superior to most of his film but the mediocre penmanship of the screenplay takes it down a notch for me.

Last edited by oafolay on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm
moviemkr7 wrote:
Vexer wrote:

I don't get it. It's been THIRTEEN YEARS since Titanic came out? Why are people still hating on it? IT'S A GOOD MOVIE! Up until Avatar, it was the highest grossing movie of all time! That means that some people had to like it!

I think the problem is that the gossip magazines kept forcefeeding us crap about it and everyone turned on it.

The people who are hating on it are either lying to "look cool" (it's a romance...so what?) or because they haven't watched it in a long time and haven't seen it recently.

I just watched it a few weeks ago and it's AMAZING!
no offense, but that's a REALLY lame defense, I don't Titanic because it's the "cool" thing to do, I just hate because IMO it sucks in every single way imagineable! Just because a movie makes over a a billion dollars DOES NOT automatically make it a good movie and it DOES NOt mena that I have to like it, and FYI I saw Titanic when I was alot younger, long before I read a single review about it, Needless to say it was torture for me to sit through. 10 years later by change I came across it playing on TV, so I decided to try and watch it and see if my opinion had changed, needless to say I ended up turning it off after less then 10 minutes. So while to many people Titanic may be a mindblowing movie, to me it's a cinematic abortion that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! :evil:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm