Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Poll ideas! 
Post Re: Poll ideas!
Been wondering this for a while, and what better group of movie loving misfits to ask?

Poll question: Would you upgrade to a newer/expanded edition of a DVD you already own?

Choices:
A. Would, and have.
B. Would, but haven't.
C. Wouldn't.
D. Obligatory joke answer in which someone's heterosexuality is impugned and/or Supertroopers gets quoted.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:02 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Patrick wrote:
I like to see you try....and if I'm going do the Oscar poll then it's going to be in a subforum since it's going to be real crowded real quick

As long as you don't intend on starting a sub-forum for it, we're good.

A bit offtopic (and late) but there should probably be a single Oscar subforum. If the Reelviews forum sticks around for a couple years, it's going to get disorganised real quick with loads of "Oscar 20xx" subforums.

Related poll suggestion:

When the nominees have been announced and the 2010 Oscars are closer, we could have a poll for some of the main categories.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:05 pm
Ken wrote:
Been wondering this for a while, and what better group of movie loving misfits to ask?

Poll question: Would you upgrade to a newer/expanded edition of a DVD you already own?

Choices:
A. Would, and have.
B. Would, but haven't.
C. Wouldn't.
D. Obligatory joke answer in which someone's heterosexuality is impugned and/or Supertroopers gets quoted.

Already have done that a bunch of times. I think the better question is, is there a movie that would make you "upgrade" to Blu-Ray...

Blade Runner made me switch to HD, as did James's info about the Amazon / Toshiba deal back when. I feel so beta...

Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:35 pm
MrGuinness wrote:
Already have done that a bunch of times. I think the better question is, is there a movie that would make you "upgrade" to Blu-Ray...
This might be a better alternative then, especially considering it's been brought up a couple of times elsewhere.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:26 pm
Best Supergroup:

Velvet Revolver
Army of Anyone
Chicken Foot
Damn Yankees
Traveling Wilburys
etc...

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:38 pm
stiefmo wrote:
Best Supergroup:

Velvet Revolver
Army of Anyone
Chicken Foot
Damn Yankees
Traveling Wilburys
etc...

I had hope for you stif, til you put Danm Yankees down...

Obligatory CSN&Y / ELP reference here.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:19 am
More like CSN&(when he feels like it)Y.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:54 pm
Ken wrote:
More like CSN&(when he feels like it)Y.

Neil gets a pass. He has earned the right to do as he pleases...

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:48 am
MrGuinness wrote:
True.

Poll idea: wayward rock vocalists.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:19 am
Ken wrote:
MrGuinness wrote:
True.

Poll idea: wayward rock vocalists.

What does that even mean!

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:47 am
WAYWARD
Adjective
1. given to willful, perverse deviation from the expected norm; tending to stray
2. obstinate, contrary and unpredictable

ROCK VOCALIST
Noun
1. a singer in the rock genre of music
2. one who rocks, often while wearing leather pants and/or spandex

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 am
Fee Waybill

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:36 pm
When the NFL playoffs start in a few weeks (in other words when we know who will be contending) you could do a poll asking who we think will win the Super Bowl.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:35 pm
Blace wrote:
When the NFL playoffs start in a few weeks (in other words when we know who will be contending) you could do a poll asking who we think will win the Super Bowl.

I guess......even though I hate sports and can care less.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:44 pm
Well, I hate Uwe Boll, post-Layne Alice In Chains, Van Hagar, briefs (Awf Hand, you sick bastard), and socially draining video games. Literally, video games mya have stolen my best friend's will to live. He barely even talks to people he doesn't have to and ends up having emotional breakdowns during Rock Band and Halo multiplayer.

The Ideal Poll:
Saints
Vikings
Colts
Chargers
Cowboys

P.S. - If you decide to be laaaaame and not try the NFL idea, then at least make a poll about Activision President Robert Kotick - basically whether or not he needs to be shot, impaled, or plain tied to a tree and tickled to death. Bastard doesn't deserve life.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:01 pm
My proposal: Do you consider Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings one film or three films?

-One film: The entire production was done together and was based on one massive novel.
-Three films: Each part was released seperately, and each provides its own satisfying story arc while also contributing to the whole.

This topic seems to have brought on a semi-debate over here: http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1888

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:42 pm
ShrunkenHead wrote:
My proposal: Do you consider Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings one film or three films?

-One film: The entire production was done together and was based on one massive novel.
-Three films: Each part was released seperately, and each provides its own satisfying story arc while also contributing to the whole.

This topic seems to have brought on a semi-debate over here: http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1888

Hmmm....good idea, I may use that for the next one.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:54 pm
Patrick wrote:

You do know that if you "can care less"..................

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm
MrGuinness wrote:
Patrick wrote:

You do know that if you "can care less"..................

....what are you getting at?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:48 pm
Patrick wrote:
....what are you getting at?

Grammar, baby....

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next