Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
November 26, 2009: "Turkey Day! (The 2009 Bottom 10)" 
Site Admin

Post Re: November 26, 2009: "Turkey Day! (The 2009 Bottom 10)"
Hal_10000 wrote:
Looking forward to seeing your best of the 90's. Any chance your previous "best of" can be put in one place for easy access?

All of the "special features" (movies of the '80s, Best Picture reviews, Top 100) can be found on the left sidebar of the VideoViews section.

Soon to come: The Best of the '90s (a slight reworking of the columns I posted 10 years ago) and The Best of the '00s (all new). The Top 10 of the '00s will probably debut around Christmas with the Top 10 of 2009 showing up on the last day of the year. So the decade list will come out before the end-of-the-year list. Right now, it's pretty evident that INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS is #1 for 2009 (could change, but not likely - I have seen almost everything coming out in December with two notable exceptions), but it's not clear whether it will make the '00s Top 10.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Dynamo3000 wrote:
I have just seen OLD DOGS and i must say that he's right about it being the worst of the year...and i do believe that SHORTS should've made the list as well, if James had reviewed it of course. It is a little disappointing that James didn't put the list in order, I hope he puts the 10 best movies in order...

The Top 10 will be in order. I didn't feel right about doing an order for the Bottom 10 because I missed so many worthy contenders. I may not even do a Bottom 10 next year. With a baby on the way, I will have to be more judicious about how much crap I contend with outside of the diapers.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:26 am
Profile WWW
James Berardinelli wrote:
With a baby on the way

Wait what?

Congrats....yay?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:30 am
The Top 10 will be in order. I didn't feel right about doing an order for the Bottom 10 because I missed so many worthy contenders. I may not even do a Bottom 10 next year. With a baby on the way, I will have to be more judicious about how much crap I contend with outside of the diapers.

Congratulations on the baby! I wouldn't blame you if you stop posting bottom 10 lists period. It's the top 10 list that really gets me excited.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:10 am
Director

I'd never heard of 12 Rounds, then looked it upon IMDB and saw it was a John Cena vehicle and said "Ah, that's why".

Congrats on the baby. Best advice I can give you is to mentally prepare yourself for getting no sleep through the night and if you do happen to get some, it's a bonus. And buy baby wipes. Tons of them.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:42 am
Director

Patrick wrote:
With a baby on the way

Wait what?

Congrats....yay?

A child on the way is a great thing. I wish James all the best with the child.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:08 pm
Profile YIM
Director

[quote="DylnFan96818"]I'd never heard of 12 Rounds, then looked it upon IMDB and saw it was a John Cena vehicle and said "Ah, that's why".

:lol:

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:08 pm
Profile YIM
Director

How come 2012 is on the list when you gave that * 1/2 when you gave Jennifer's Body * and it's not on the list?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:17 am
ilovemovies wrote:
How come 2012 is on the list when you gave that * 1/2 when you gave Jennifer's Body * and it's not on the list?
Um, Jennifer's Body WAS on the list, you must've skipped over it or something.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:43 am
The only movie on the list that I have watched is OLD DOGS......I wish I hadn't. The only other movie I've seen this year that I hated was SHORTS, and I don't believe that james reviewed it. Has anyone else seen that movie?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:19 am
Patrick wrote:
With a baby on the way

Wait what?

Congrats....yay?

x2

A surprise, but a pleasant one. Congratulations to you and Sheryl. Methinks the baby will be in good hands.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:02 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
With a baby on the way

Wait what?

Congrats....yay?

x2

A surprise, but a pleasant one. Congratulations to you and Sheryl. Methinks the baby will be in good hands.

Yeah that's awesome. Now let's see if fatherhood is gonna dull some of his edges... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:03 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
With a baby on the way

Wait what?

Congrats....yay?

x2

A surprise?

He had a whole reelthoughts about how he was going to have to pull back on how many movies he sees starting early next year. Hmm, why could that be... :)

But yes, congratulations James.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:55 am
Hell yeah James and Sheryl. That is great to hear. Much congratulations...

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:23 pm
Rotten Tomatoes has Old Dogs at 6%. SIX PERCENT! lol

Of all the reviewers listed on the page, only one has a positive review, so weirdo named Pete Hammond from Boxoffice Magazine. "An often riotously funny slapstick farce that ought to appeal to moviegoers of all ages." He has 22 comments connected to his review. Second place for comments is 2.

Of course I have never seen it and never will, and if Vexer thinks his hard earned money should go to supporting a piece of crap like this, then more power to him taking down the industry, but WOW.. 6% :)

And congrats James! Funny way to let us all know, but it worked ;) I'm just sorry it had to be in a thread about bad movies :)

Last edited by MrGuinness on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:40 am
Quote:
With a baby on the way, I will have to be more judicious about how much crap I contend with outside of the diapers

Congratulations from the Netherlands to you both! Ths is great news!

Wim

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 am
MrGuinness wrote:

Of all the reviewers listed on the page, only one has a positive review, so weirdo named Pete Hammond from Boxoffice Magazine. "An often riotously funny slapstick farce that ought to appeal to moviegoers of all ages." He has 22 comments connected to his review. Second place for comments is 2.

Of course I have never seen it and never will, and if Vexer thinks his hard earned money should go to supporting a piece of crap like this, then more power to him taking down the industry, but WOW.. 6% :)

And congrats James! Funny way to let us all know, but it worked ;) I'm just sorry it had to be in a thread about bad movies :)
Did I actually saw I was gonna go see that movie? NOOOOO I ismply said that it sounds more tolerable than certian other films, not exactly a praising statement, but then again since I did pretty much grow up watching Disney's live action films(and enjoying them)I could see myself enjoying this somewhat, but even so it's certainly not the type of film I owuld pay to see in theaters, no i'm saving my money to see Armored.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:35 pm
Director

Vexer wrote:
MrGuinness wrote:

Did I actually saw I was gonna go see that movie? NOOOOO I ismply said that it sounds more tolerable than certian other films, not exactly a praising statement, but then again since I did pretty much grow up watching Disney's live action films(and enjoying them)I could see myself enjoying this somewhat, but even so it's certainly not the type of film I owuld pay to see in theaters, no i'm saving my money to see Armored.

Armored, FTW!!!!!! :D

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:13 pm
Profile YIM
Vexer wrote:
no i'm saving my money to see Armored.

"A newbie guard for an armored truck company is coerced by his veteran coworkers to steal a truck containing $42 million. But a wrinkle in their supposedly foolproof plan divides the group, leading to a potentially deadly resolution."

Is $42 million even alot of money anymore?

Does it take $42 million to retread this crap?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:01 pm
MrGuinness wrote:
Vexer wrote:
no i'm saving my money to see Armored.

"A newbie guard for an armored truck company is coerced by his veteran coworkers to steal a truck containing $42 million. But a wrinkle in their supposedly foolproof plan divides the group, leading to a potentially deadly resolution."

Is $42 million even alot of money anymore?

Does it take $42 million to retread this crap?
Well the guy isn't stealing the money just to get rich, he's doing so the bank won't foreclose on his house and so his brother won't get sent to a foster home or something along those lines, so yeah in that case i'd say 42 million is plenty for that. and it could be a smarter film then the previews make it out to be, it certainly looks better then anything else out right now, especially New Moon! *shudder* hell, slitting my wrists in a bathtub looks appealing compared to New Moon! :evil:

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next