Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
Movies you *hate* with a fiery, burning passion 
Post Re: Movies you *hate* with a fiery, burning passion
ShrunkenHead wrote:
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

The first film is one of my guilty pleasures, but the sequel was just plain painful.

I'm probably one of the fw people in existence who actually enjoyed Anihilation, yeah it's pretty dumb but it's still fun as hell IMO.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:03 pm
Vexer wrote:
ShrunkenHead wrote:

The first film is one of my guilty pleasures, but the sequel was just plain painful.

I'm probably one of the fw people in existence who actually enjoyed Anihilation, yeah it's pretty dumb but it's still fun as hell IMO.

Who knows. Maybe I would have been more forgiving had they retained more than two of the first films cast.

Also, they killed off my favorite character within the first 10 minutes.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:08 pm
ShrunkenHead wrote:
Vexer wrote:
ShrunkenHead wrote:

Who knows. Maybe I would have been more forgiving had they retained more than two of the first films cast.

Also, they killed off my favorite character within the first 10 minutes.
Yeah that was kinda dissapointing, and I guess I also liked it more because I never played any of the games myself(though I did watch my cousin play the first one) so therefore I didn't care about how accurate the film was to the game series.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 pm
*twitches uncontrollably*

DDDDIIIIIIRRRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY LLLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this movie! I hate everything about it! I want to kill Jenny McCarthy for writing it and thinking it was a good idea! I want to....

*The rest of this post can not be shown due to insanity*

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:55 pm
Gaffer

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It's like the movie version of a sore head or fever.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 pm
Hostel

It was the first film that really got mainstream audiences interested in torture films. It launched hundreds of knock offs, I'm looking at you Wolf Creek, and was possibly the final nail in good horror's coffin.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:12 pm
Producer

Ciacco wrote:
ilovemovies wrote:
Inside

The French one? If so, I have to disagree with you about the first half.

I thought the movie was utter garbage.

It was my #1 choice of the worst movie of 2008. I mean, sure, on a technical level it's fairly well made and the acting is generally adequate. But I would watch Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie a second time before I would EVER see this movie again. It's just a monumentally unpleasant and despicable movie. Why anyone would want to watch it is beyond me, but for some reason it's very well received. To that I say: whatever. To each their own I guess.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 pm
Director

Quote:
It was the first film that really got mainstream audiences interested in torture films. It launched hundreds of knock offs, I'm looking at you Wolf Creek, and was possibly the final nail in good horror's coffin.

Wolf Creek was filmed & released before Hostel.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:19 pm
Producer

Wolf Creek is better than Hostel IMO, though I actually did like Hostel.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:21 pm
DunkinDan89 wrote:
The Boondock Saints. What a cheap Tarantino wannabe this was, the characters were annoying, the acting wasn't "over-the-top awesome" like a lot of people claim, it was just dumb. I will never see this movie again, I refuse too.

I saw this flick before it morphed into the cult hit it has become. A friend of mine picked it up only because he's Irish-American and the film was about Irish-American criminals. Neither of us liked it. A few years later I was working at Hollywood Video and at least one person per month would as for it (my store didn't stock a copy). I was shocked that this pile of poo film was spreading by word of mouth. After it's arrival on dvd it was suddenly the favorite flick of many. I do not understand. This is one film that is pure garbage and would have been my selection had I not seen Pearl Harbor.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 pm
calvero wrote:
Quote:

Wolf Creek was filmed & released before Hostel.

Wow.....i'm an idiot. That blows my mind. Doesn't make me hate Hostel any less, but it makes me hate Wolf Creek a lot more. Can I redeem myself by saying that any torture horror film falls in into this category for me?

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm
I Am Sam
I absolutely despise this horrid excuse for a movie.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:31 pm
Out of the films I've seen this year at the cinema I’d nominate The Hangover. If there's been a more annoying cameo than Ken Jeong carrying on I haven't seen it. Mix in some scenes with Mike Tyson, a baby (of course), a naked elderly man, tazer guns (which has to be repeated three times for full comedic effect) a brief Rain Man parody and you have nearly everything I don't want to see in a comedy. The last fifteen minutes felt like it was written without any thought whatsoever, like they had no idea how to tie all the rubbish together.

From years gone by Six Days Seven Nights is permanently etched in my memory for all the wrong reasons. Anne Heche quizzing Harrison literally made me feel sick. How old are you Harrison? You still look good. Geezus!

Last edited by wisey on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:15 pm
Critic

I can definitely see the I Am Sam hatred.

For me...Empire Records. The fact that generation X embraced this and Reality Bites (another candidate for this thread) as their films pissed the shit out of me.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 pm
Six Days And Seven Nights was decent for me, yeah Ford and Heche is definitely not a pretty image and they're easily one of the most mismatched and unlikely romantic couples I can think of right now, but overall the film still wasn't godawful, ullike another romantic comedy I just thought of that makes me cringe just thinking about it-Sweet Home AlabamaEasily without a single hesitation the absolute WORST romantic comedy I have ever seen(I know James will proabably ask me if i've seen Just Friends in response to that, well I did, and it's light years better!) Reese Witherspoon is one overrated actress and she's not all that good loocking either, she and her costars have ZERO chemistry with one another, they mix about as well as oil and water and can't act worth a damn, it seems like they're struggling to deliver every single abysmal line of dialogue without sounding stupid and failing miserably at it. Unfortunately for me, my mom and sister love that godawful film, why do they have to like such awful movies? :roll: I'd rather rip of all my fingernails then to EVER have to see that abomination of a movie again! :evil:

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:47 pm
Director

I'll also add Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to my "hate" list. Man, I mean I know some jokes are recycled, but the "woah we're seeing crazy things cuz we're on drugs!" joke was overplayed incredibly in that film. Sad to, it features one of Johnny Depp's better performance, but so ugly and unsatisfying in every way possible.

UPDATED 8/26 - Top 100 List *Updated*

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Bondurant wrote:
DunkinDan89 wrote:
The Boondock Saints. What a cheap Tarantino wannabe this was, the characters were annoying, the acting wasn't "over-the-top awesome" like a lot of people claim, it was just dumb. I will never see this movie again, I refuse too.

I saw this flick before it morphed into the cult hit it has become. A friend of mine picked it up only because he's Irish-American and the film was about Irish-American criminals. Neither of us liked it. A few years later I was working at Hollywood Video and at least one person per month would as for it (my store didn't stock a copy). I was shocked that this pile of poo film was spreading by word of mouth. After it's arrival on dvd it was suddenly the favorite flick of many. I do not understand. This is one film that is pure garbage and would have been my selection had I not seen Pearl Harbor.

I'm the only one in my groups of friends that despises it. They all love it. They just go "dude come on how can you not love that scene when he accidentally shoots the cat!". I proceed to question why I'm friends with them. That's how much I hate this movie.

UPDATED 8/26 - Top 100 List *Updated*

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Vexer, you hated 'Sweet Home Alabama'...

I hated 'Sweet Home Alabama'...

:idea:

We are not that unalike, you and I.
You eat cake and I eat pie.
You choose to live and I want to die.
You choose politics and I decide to stick to the side.
So it is that you have money and I have pride.
Maybe one day we'll cross the great divide.
Until then you'll be true and bold and I'll be cruel and snide.

No, but really, to hell with 'Sweet Home Alabama'.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 pm
Producer

Blowout and Femme Fatale Actually, I dislike most of Brian De Palma's films, but those two especially.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The one really good scene in the entire movie was the opening one (that's true of Femme Fatale, too), after which the movie becomes more and more worthless. Too bad, because it wasn't a bad idea for a movie.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:37 am
Probably Bad Boys 2 and My Boss's Daughter. I still haven't seen Freddy Got Fingered which could potentially outdo both of those for sheer agony based on what I've heard!!!!

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:07 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next