Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:06 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Since we have a general forum..let's introduce ourselves(OT) 
Post Re: Since we have a general forum..let's introduce ourselves(OT)
Blace wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Blace wrote:
Just so everyone knows, my avatar is actually a picture of me! Go figure...

Bring back any of your previous avators! Especially Kristin Stewart

Am I that ugly? :lol:

I might concede that it may be bad lighting.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:07 am
oafolay wrote:
stiefmo wrote:
What the heck, i've been here long enough, let me say hello. I'm Coty a recent college graduate who was lucky enough to get into my profession and get comfortable before the economy started to collapse. I graduated with a B.A. in Sociology from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and live in the huge booming metropolis of St. Louis, Missouri.

I've been reading ReelViews now for 4 or 5 years as I was turned on to it by a co-worker who felt I shared similar views as James. I'm very excited to be part of this board as it is about the only respectful Forum i've ever been a part of. It's a nice break from work, when I get the chance to check it out.

I've probably confused or upset some of you by my lack of ability to communicate via keyboard. My brain and fingers work much faster than my eyes and repeated typos or crazy sentences are most likely going to happen. When I go to proof read my posts, they always look right until I read them two days later. Sorry, I promise i'm not as unintelligent as my posts would appear.

Again thanks for the great Forum and I hope to be discussing with you soon.

Much Love

Coty

Dude, we're practically neighbors. I just transferred from SIUE to UMSL (although circumstances may force me to go back to the former).

Dang dude. Why would you leave SIUE for UMSL?

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:10 am
I hate introductions, but what the heck.

Well, my name is Maaz, I'm male, I'm 20, I'm from India (may be moving to Canada in two years if I get lucky), I'm a Deist, and I love just about every type of movie as long as it's not bad. :P

I am very friendly, and so if anybody ever feels like talking to me (either here or on MSN or whatever), feel free to do so.

Oh, and I kid around a lot, I'm rarely serious, so if I ever make any sarcastic post that might seem rude, just realize that I don't mean it.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am
Two year reader, first time poster. My name's Zack, I hail from the Sunshine State (FL), and am 18-years-old. Love to watch movies (Favorites are: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, original King Kong, Terminator 2 - Judgement Day, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and Jurassic Park).

I love practically all types of film (not that big a fan of the crime genre, though). Currently seeking a path in life. Hoping these forums can expand my knowledge and love for film. :D

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:54 pm
hi guys, I am a fan of movies and different videos. I know that this site is fit with me. Hope I can also share to you some of my favorites one of this time and can give you some tips also.Image

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:24 pm
I'd never read through this thread until the latest spambot called attention to it. This post will be my only contribution to it so I'm hoping to make it extra special and fun for the whole of Reelviews.

What I learned from this thread:

Vexer's real name is Michael.

Pedro has a fetish for standardized tests.

Rob named his second-born after the director of The Fifth Element.

mkratzer21 believes any and all future children of his will be bored.

Sci Fi Wasabi will never have to write an autobiography.

Phil is about a 1/2 inch taller than me. And change.

Ken can't dish out personal information,even on his blog.

Fight Club has been an inspiration to virtually all males 16 - 46.

Patrick finds computer science manly.

Ratel may likely feel his phones are tapped.

My October is fronted by someone with my first name... and he's from Canada!

Zeppelin, whom I see as a late-20s film buff, isn't old enough to vote.

munroe goes by Scott when walking the streets of Canada.

monolithcometh, a poster I'd never heard of, likes Sam Beckett.

Servant looks like a Dean.

Lots of people who live in Washington like to register at Reelviews.

And there's more good stuff in this thread!

Me? I go by Mark. 29. I can't draw. Very good at racket sports. Terrible at golf. Terrible at most sports that involve 'throwing'. Married since late 2006. Father since late 2008. I've been unconscious one time, to the best of my knowledge (wisdom teeth). Guitar. Piano. Undergrad degrees in chemistry and math. School was in Houston. Then Seattle. Never been below earth's equator. Never been in space. Never wrestled an animal larger than a dog. Never been accused of being a communist. Never accused someone of being a communist. Twice-yearly visits to the dentists. No cavities... ever! Low blood triglycerides. Not on any prescription medication. Hate gambling. Like going on vacations. Ski once a year. Want a dog but wife is allergic. And, most revealing of all, someone on this forum will be the instrument of my death. But who? And why? The answer will be made clear on October 1st, 2095.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:40 am
Wow, you are too sarcatic, just talk straight ahead and don't even make trash talks.. You are just wasting everybodies time just to view your non-sense blog. duh!!! Image

Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:52 pm
Gaffer

Hello, my name is Matthew. I enjoy this site and James Berardinellis reviews are the first I look to, however, if I have any gripes it is that some of the more "underground" films are not reviewed. I very much would like to see Cannibal Holocaust reviewed, for example.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:36 pm
Hey everyone. Been checking reelviews for a long time before I see a movie. Just now noticed that there was a forum on here.

I'm 22. College senior at Berry College (in North Georgia) majoring in Government and Economics. Still no idea what I'm doing next. Probably grad school.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:13 pm
Post Newbie Here
Hi Everyone,
I am Cali and I am new to this forum. I think there's a lot of interesting topics and discussions happening on this forum and wanted to check it out and give and get some great advice on different issue.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 am
Hmmm....I've had an account here almost from the beginning and have never gotten around to posting in this topic.

I'm Andrew and I'm a Film Studies/Business student at ASU. I dig vinyl and movies.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:18 am
Post What's Crackin
I just found this forum and I must say that I'm glad I did. I hope to bring something to the community as I have already found some interesting topics.

Hailing from the Dirty South (United States for those that don' know).

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 pm
Gaffer

Hi,

I’m Erik and I'm from Slovenia. My obsession with movies started around 1990’s when my parents bought VCR. It was a time of bad quality pirate video cassettes and limited access to information about movies, actors, directors …

I discovered James Berardinelli in university when we got a first taste of the internet - we discovered NBA.com, IMDB, Roger Ebert and James.

I currently work in market research and my favorite movie is Die Hard.

Cheers!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
erikrenko wrote:
Hi,

I’m Erik and I'm from Slovenia. My obsession with movies started around 1990’s when my parents bought VCR. It was a time of bad quality pirate video cassettes and limited access to information about movies, actors, directors …

I discovered James Berardinelli in university when we got a first taste of the internet - we discovered NBA.com, IMDB, Roger Ebert and James.

Cheers!

Welcome to the party, pal!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 pm
Director

PeachyPete wrote:
erikrenko wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!

Did you know that Jake Delhomme was released yesterday?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_uIW8Zjzho&feature=related

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
erikrenko wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done. I thought you posted this in the wrong thread before I clicked the link. Oh man that was funny.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:24 pm
Gaffer

corpen11 wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
erikrenko wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!

:lol: Great one!

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Post Wanted to say howdy
Howdy great people,
I really hope to read and also learn from your own life experiences.
This website feels to me an extremely great spiritual online community!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:11 pm
FountainAmmons wrote:
Howdy great people,
I really hope to read and also learn from your own life experiences.
This website feels to me an extremely great spiritual online community!

FountainAmmons? More like htpccaseFountainAmmons.......

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:14 pm
Post My Introduction Thread
Hi Everybody!

I just regged and thought I would tell everybidy hello. I'm never sure what to
tell about myself on these first posts, but I'm sure I'll get to know some
of you over time.

Thanks for the awesome board.

Nick

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:52 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next