Boxers 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Briefs 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Boxer-briefs 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Neither, I AM A MAN! 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 21

Poll #22: Boxers or Briefs 
Post Re: Poll #22: Boxers or Briefs
PeachyPete wrote:
How is it any more unsanitary or unhealthy than any sort of underwear? My pants just serve as my underwear and I wash them after I wear them. There's absolutely no difference between how my pants function and how your underwear functions. The only argument to be made is for support, in the case of briefs. The hanging doesn't bother me, and you get the same thing with boxers anyway. Plus, Elaine Benes is a whore anyway. Her opinion holds no weight.

TIME FOR TMI

It keeps your package from sliding down the pant leg or hanging out of my shorts, and they also keep the cock cozy and warm and safe, esp from getting hooked on the zipper. They take the brunt of your skid marks so your real clothes don't have to. They get between your more sensitive parts and the clothes, which sometimes aren't so comfortable to have against them, so it protects you from chafing with the clothes

And then there's this...
The 18th century came along with linen, which meant everyone could get into the undergarment act. And everyone pretty much wore the same thing – a union suit – which was basically long-johns and covered you from wrist to ankles. But still you ask “Why?” Why were we so concerned with covering up underneath? What was with all this layering? Was it really that cold in the world back then? It seems to have been about hygiene sort of. See people didn’t take showers and baths as often as we do today and they cleaned their clothes less often. So if you had that undergarment separating your dirty body from your clothes you could wear your clothes longer. Just imagine the smells that surrounded that time in history!

About 1910, the union suit got split into two halves. A couple of years later the first bra was invented – some creative woman tied two handkerchiefs together, then made some for family and friends. The next thing she knew, it was being sold all over the US and that nasty little torture device known as the corset, with all it’s whalebone and metal, was on it’s way out. Women all over the country could breathe again. From there it was just one improvement after the next – better materials and the bloomers got shorter and shorter. By the 1920’s panties were looking much closer to what you find yourself wearing today.

Modern men’s underwear appeared in the 1930’s. Briefs with a fly were called jockey shorts because they gave support as good as a jockstrap. Boxers appeared about the same time and were so named because they looked like the shorts worn by prizefighters. This was the first time an elastic waistband was used on underwear.

Now, how is Elaine Benes a whore? And is being a whore a bad thing?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:06 am
MrGuinness wrote:
TIME FOR TMI

It keeps your package from sliding down the pant leg or hanging out of my shorts, and they also keep the cock cozy and warm and safe, esp from getting hooked on the zipper. They take the brunt of your skid marks so your real clothes don't have to. They get between your more sensitive parts and the clothes, which sometimes aren't so comfortable to have against them, so it protects you from chafing with the clothes

Jeans, pants, and shorts all keep it cozy, warm, and safe as well. The only real point here is that underwear helps avoid a zipper disaster. I've had that happen twice, once with underwear, once without. I see that more as a carelessness issue than one of underwear vs. going commando. I don't have a problem with chafing, and the comfortableness issue is a personal one, I happen to not mind it.

MrGuiness wrote:
And then there's this...
The 18th century came along with linen, which meant everyone could get into the undergarment act. And everyone pretty much wore the same thing – a union suit – which was basically long-johns and covered you from wrist to ankles. But still you ask “Why?” Why were we so concerned with covering up underneath? What was with all this layering? Was it really that cold in the world back then? It seems to have been about hygiene sort of. See people didn’t take showers and baths as often as we do today and they cleaned their clothes less often. So if you had that undergarment separating your dirty body from your clothes you could wear your clothes longer. Just imagine the smells that surrounded that time in history!

About 1910, the union suit got split into two halves. A couple of years later the first bra was invented – some creative woman tied two handkerchiefs together, then made some for family and friends. The next thing she knew, it was being sold all over the US and that nasty little torture device known as the corset, with all it’s whalebone and metal, was on it’s way out. Women all over the country could breathe again. From there it was just one improvement after the next – better materials and the bloomers got shorter and shorter. By the 1920’s panties were looking much closer to what you find yourself wearing today.

Modern men’s underwear appeared in the 1930’s. Briefs with a fly were called jockey shorts because they gave support as good as a jockstrap. Boxers appeared about the same time and were so named because they looked like the shorts worn by prizefighters. This was the first time an elastic waistband was used on underwear.

So, basically as long as you shower and wash your clothes regularly this is irrelevant, right? I do, so this history lesson is left moot.

MrGuiness wrote:
Now, how is Elaine Benes a whore? And is being a whore a bad thing?

Because she'll sleep with any guy who shows her any sort of attention. A whore being good or bad is a perosonal choice. However, I won't take anything a whore says about cleanliness seriously. She's much dirtier than someone who doesn't wear underwear.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:59 am
PeachyPete wrote:
Because she'll sleep with any guy who shows her any sort of attention. A whore being good or bad is a perosonal choice. However, I won't take anything a whore says about cleanliness seriously. She's much dirtier than someone who doesn't wear underwear.

Are whores dirty by definition? At the very least this made me laugh, so....

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 pm
MrGuinness wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:

Are whores dirty by definition? At the very least this made me laugh, so....

Not by definition, but I think it's safe to say that there is a certain connotation that goes along with the word whore that brings to mind a sense of sleaze and filth.

And yes, this whole thing is funny to me and completely tongue in cheek.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:49 pm