Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:12 am

October 06, 2009: "Isolation" 
Post Re: October 06, 2009: "Isolation"
Evenflow8112 wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Do not click if prone to sudden outbursts of madness. YOG-SOTHOTH H'EE-L'GEB F'AI TRHODOG UAAAAH
One time I went to Barnes and Nobles back in 2007, and after a little DVD buying (I picked up three Criterion DVDs on a July "buy 2 get the third free" deal - how can you say no to a free Criterion of 'Do The Right Thing'?), I took went to the cafe. I bought a mocha frapp and a cheesecake, and sat down to read at a table that had been empty the entire time I had ordered (I had eyed it as the only open one in the room at the time). I noticed there was a black bag on the opposite end of the table, in a vacant chair. I ask a nearby customer if anyone was sitting at the table before I sat down, and they said they hadn't seen anybody at the table in the last half hour they had been there. I was there for about twenty minutes texting a friend about hanging out in an hour and eating the slice of cake before I got up to fetch a good book about film. I grabbed Halliwell's year-end retrospective for the year before and Ebert's Great Movies Part I and came back to the table, which was still uninhabited. After 15 more minutes (I believe we're nearing the hour-mark) a man comes to retrieve said bag with a toddler in tow. He asks me if I left any room for him, in a snide tone. Acknowledging the situation, I offer to vacate the seat, but instead he proceeds to agonize about the inconvenience that has been placed upon him. When the customer I had spoken to before attempts to explain the situation (namely, his little gir to him he simply hushes them and says 'Thank you' to me before grabbing his bag and leaving the store. His actual diatribe lasted up to several minutes, but I shortened it for everyone, mercifully. I was initially a little sympathetic towards him since had a toddler and I know from past relationships that taking care of a child can be a long, arduous task that needs to be done whenever, wherever, so I tried to listen and remedy the situation. I ended up realizing he didn't want the seat - or else he might have accepted my offer of leaving the table for him and his daughter - but just to vent for a few minutes about how I violated his rights as a customer. I was literally dumb-founded by the amount of immaturity that went into his handling of the situation.

Somewhere herein lies a kick ass song.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:37 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Do not click if prone to sudden outbursts of madness. YOG-SOTHOTH H'EE-L'GEB F'AI TRHODOG UAAAAH
One time I went to Barnes and Nobles back in 2007, and after a little DVD buying (I picked up three Criterion DVDs on a July "buy 2 get the third free" deal - how can you say no to a free Criterion of 'Do The Right Thing'?), I took went to the cafe. I bought a mocha frapp and a cheesecake, and sat down to read at a table that had been empty the entire time I had ordered (I had eyed it as the only open one in the room at the time). I noticed there was a black bag on the opposite end of the table, in a vacant chair. I ask a nearby customer if anyone was sitting at the table before I sat down, and they said they hadn't seen anybody at the table in the last half hour they had been there. I was there for about twenty minutes texting a friend about hanging out in an hour and eating the slice of cake before I got up to fetch a good book about film. I grabbed Halliwell's year-end retrospective for the year before and Ebert's Great Movies Part I and came back to the table, which was still uninhabited. After 15 more minutes (I believe we're nearing the hour-mark) a man comes to retrieve said bag with a toddler in tow. He asks me if I left any room for him, in a snide tone. Acknowledging the situation, I offer to vacate the seat, but instead he proceeds to agonize about the inconvenience that has been placed upon him. When the customer I had spoken to before attempts to explain the situation (namely, his little gir to him he simply hushes them and says 'Thank you' to me before grabbing his bag and leaving the store. His actual diatribe lasted up to several minutes, but I shortened it for everyone, mercifully. I was initially a little sympathetic towards him since had a toddler and I know from past relationships that taking care of a child can be a long, arduous task that needs to be done whenever, wherever, so I tried to listen and remedy the situation. I ended up realizing he didn't want the seat - or else he might have accepted my offer of leaving the table for him and his daughter - but just to vent for a few minutes about how I violated his rights as a customer. I was literally dumb-founded by the amount of immaturity that went into his handling of the situation.

Somewhere herein lies a kick ass song.

yeah, I hear it too...

I first produced my pistol and then produced my rapier
I said "Stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya"
I took all of his money and it was a pretty penny
I took all of his money yeah and I brought it home to Molly
She swore that she loved me no never would she leave me
But the devil take that woman, yeah, for you know she tricked me easy

Musha rain dum-a-doo dum-a-da
Whack for my daddy-o
Whack for my daddy-o
There's Latte in the cup

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 am
Awf Hand wrote:
yeah, I hear it too...

I first produced my pistol and then produced my rapier
I said "Stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya"
I took all of his money and it was a pretty penny
I took all of his money yeah and I brought it home to Molly
She swore that she loved me no never would she leave me
But the devil take that woman, yeah, for you know she tricked me easy

Musha rain dum-a-doo dum-a-da
Whack for my daddy-o
Whack for my daddy-o
There's Latte in the cup

:lol: To think if it wasn't for Metallica this would've gone totally over my head.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:33 pm