The Gender Question: Are you...?
Male 92%  92%  [ 99 ]
Female 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 108

Poll #1: The Gender Poll 
Post Re: Poll #1: The Gender Poll
Patrick wrote:
Not that kind of explosions you pervert

oh my god!! you're the pervert! i was talking about men being squeamish about their privates near the fire....holy hell, man.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:47 am
aameen wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Not that kind of explosions you pervert

oh my god!! you're the pervert! i was talking about men being squeamish about their privates near the fire....holy hell, man.

Even though you clearly don't see how explosions are manly...you win this round.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 pm
So, women don't frequent forums as much...

Wow, whodda thunk forums are sexist. No by context, but by choice (the female choice),

Huh... We're a bunch of nerds.

We need a NEW poll:

"How many of you have girlfreinds?"

1. I do.
2. I have a boyfriend.
3. Do blow-up dolls count?
4. My girlfriend is on WoW.
5. Um... Yeah, suuuure i do... The girls are the ones with long hair and inflated chests, right?

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:04 pm
Site Admin

My belief is that the female readership of the forums is probably close to 40% (about the same as it is for the regular site). When it comes to registering/posting, it's a much smaller percentage.

It's a forum thing, not a ReelViews thing.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
I’m somewhat curious as to why posting on a forum would be so "gendered" an action.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:49 pm
yeah, could we get a list of the 5 chicks? i dont think any one is a frequent poster, except sheryl that is. just feels like we're all guys.

Ratel wrote:
I’m somewhat curious as to why posting on a forum would be so "gendered" an action.

well, this is just from a personal prospective, all the girls i know, i mean, all of em - the only thing they do on the internet is just social networking. but then that may be more about the age group- late teens.

Sun May 31, 2009 12:19 pm
aameen wrote:
Ratel wrote:

well, this is just from a personal prospective, all the girls i know, i mean, all of em - the only thing they do on the internet is just social networking. but then that may be more about the age group- late teens.

That can't be it, at least not entirely. I've been assuming that this kind of interaction is closer to standing on a street corner, yelling out opinions than conversation. Could the indifference of posters to other posters be what makes membership overwhelmingly male? Does that question even make sense?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:30 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
aameen wrote:
Ratel wrote:

That can't be it, at least not entirely. I've been assuming that this kind of interaction is closer to standing on a street corner, yelling out opinions than conversation. Could the indifference of posters to other posters be what makes membership overwhelmingly male? Does that question even make sense?

maybe.

and of course that cant be it. like i said, that was just limited to the few girl i know. :ugeek:

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:32 am
Hmm...I had suspected there were not that many girls around by some of the comments...oh well, guess I am outnumbered!!

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm
Male.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:33 am
Director

The Dude.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 am
Profile YIM