It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Poll #12: The Nostalgia Critic vs. The Angry Video Game Nerd 

Nostalgia Critic or The Angry Video Game Nerd
The Nostalgia Critic 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
The Angry Video Game Nerd 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 12

Poll #12: The Nostalgia Critic vs. The Angry Video Game Nerd 
Post Poll #12: The Nostalgia Critic vs. The Angry Video Game Nerd
This poll question is self explanatory but you may wonder why I'm facing these two internet personalities up cause one of them tears up crappy games and one of them tears up crappy movies. Well, there's the manner of all those fights to the death

Nostalgia Critic can be found here
The Angry Video Game Nerd can be found here

One more thing, I know that the AVGN has other stuff on his site and the NC is the crown jewel of the That Guy with the Glasses empire, but the focus of this poll is solely on them.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am
Post Re: Poll #12: The Nostalgia Critic vs. The Angry Video Game Nerd
I'm going with the AVGN and I'll tell you why. He's more consistent than the NC, he's more creative, he destroyed a Superman 64 cartridge by flying to the sun and throwing it in and he has a kick ass theme song.

In the NC's defense, he's a better actor and when he's on he's hilarious. The problem with him is that he's very hit-or-miss and he sometimes misses the point of the thing he's tearing apart just to tear it apart.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:32 am
The Nerd. Not only does he live semi-close to me but I always admired how genuine he is about film making. The internet has allowed everyone to dabble with film making but he would be doing this stuff even if there was no thing as the world wide web (check out his bio video). That's not say That Guy is less genuine or whatever, just that I feel the Nerd's videos are more of a labor of love.

And if you've never seen a Nerd video watch this review for its sheer awesomeness.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/52921

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:37 pm
Ok, who's the third guy who voted and didn't bother to post his thoughts?!

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:00 pm
AVGN. Same reasons as everyone else. I'll also add that I just think he is funnier.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Cinematographer

Not only is AVGN more funny, I think he is more relevant. Maybe not to this forum, but more people relate to him and what he is saying. Everyone out there knows about at least one of the terrible games that he reviews, and we all watch him because we have all suffered similarly at the hands of terrible video games. Movies create less pain and suffering. Video games are a much larger source of frustration.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:51 am
This is a relief

Under the impression that Nostlagia Critic was the favorite i sat and watched 4 reviews and wondered what i was missing

Simply dreadful - Transformers 2 review was mildly amusing

Thank God I was wrong

Rob

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:56 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
This is a relief

Under the impression that Nostlagia Critic was the favorite i sat and watched 4 reviews and wondered what i was missing

Simply dreadful - Transformers 2 review was mildly amusing

Thank God I was wrong

Rob

Which ones did you watch Rob? It may be a case of you seeing the misses

Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 am
Seems that I stand alone as a Nostalgia Critic fan. I think it's mainly because I'm a bigger movie fan than I am a video game fan.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 pm
The Nostalgia Critic tries too hard. He seems like a cool guy, but he tries far too hard. The Angry Video Game Nerd is not only convincingly foul-mouthed, but has an air of sentimentality with regards to the video games/systems he reviews (watch his Sega CD/32x saga for a good example) that makes him somewhat endearing. I will give the Nostalgia Critic this; his intro is comprised of him spouting his catchphrase. The Angry Video Game Nerd's introduction includes a horribly bland 'songwriter' spouting uninspired cheese. And sometimes it lasts for two minutes!

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:17 pm
Director

The NC. VGN is funny, but a little to much on the swearing; moderation is the key.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:52 pm
Profile YIM