DOA 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Max Payne 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hitman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23

Poll #10: Video Game Movies 
Post Re: Poll #10: Video Game Movies
Sniff, sniff,

What about "The Last Starfighter".

[shreiking sobs] Doesn't that count for anything?!?

MK here. I revisit this one once every couple of years. Has anyone else noticed the special effects losing a bit of their specialness??

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:13 pm
Awf Hand wrote:
Sniff, sniff,

What about "The Last Starfighter".

[shreiking sobs] Doesn't that count for anything?!?

MK here. I revisit this one once every couple of years. Has anyone else noticed the special effects losing a bit of their specialness??

It sure does count...legendary in my book, and accounts for one of my earliest movie crushes. The lovely Catherine Mary Stewart.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1463847424/nm0829252

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:44 pm
The Last Starfighter wasn't based on a video game, that's why it's not on the poll.

But now that picture of that chick you liked Moovy1 makes me want to see The Last Starfighter

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 pm
Patrick wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
corpen11 wrote:
Mortal Kombat is second on this list, after that, it's a toss up of what you prefer.

Considering this is asking what your favorite video game movie is, I'm pretty sure the entire thing is a toss up of what you prefer.

My vote also goes for Mortal Kombat for reasons Patrick and Pedro have already expounded upon. Silent Hill would be second, but I prefer the over-the-top tone of MK. It's a fun movie. I know I'm probably alone, and I know it wasn't very good, but did anyone else watch the weekly MK series that aired on TNT a while back? I think it was in the late 90s or very early 00s. I loved it for reasons I am unable to explain.

The animated one? I watched that...don't remember anything about it but I know I watched it. If you talking about the other MK series, then I didn't see it.

No, it was live action. It was only on for 1 season. Kristanna Loken was actually one of the main characters. I don't remember much except Sub-Zero and Scorpion randomly dropping in to fight the characters for Shang Tsung - they were basically his henchmen. The show was intended as a prequel to the first movie. They had a lot of the characters from the game and movie, but they made most of the main characters up. I loved it 10 years ago, but I have no idea what I would think about it today. Here's the wiki page if anyone is interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat:_Conquest

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:53 pm
Patrick wrote:
The Last Starfighter wasn't based on a video game, that's why it's not on the poll.

But now that picture of that chick you liked Moovy1 makes me want to see The Last Starfighter

Everyone should want her circa late 80's. I think the fact that she rejected a perfectly physically replicated replica of her real physical boyfriend adds to her wantability. That kind of subconcious faithfullness is unheard of in the animal kingdom. Right? ....perhaps I'm overanalyzing it...perhaps I'm right on.....either way...she still looks pretty damned hot...

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:39 am
Mortal Kombat

Such a gloriously cheesy movie.

One of these days I want to check out Street Fighter again.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:37 am