Doom 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Silent Hill 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
DOA 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Max Payne 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hitman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23

Poll #10: Video Game Movies 
Post Poll #10: Video Game Movies
I'm doing a film-related poll again, hooray! Now we all know that video game movies usually suck....so I'm asking you to dig deep into nostalgia or your fun-side of movie watching and tell me which of these are your favorite video game movie.

Oh, and you might notice the lack of Uwe Boll.....he's next week. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 am
Post Re: Poll #10: Video Game Movies
My pick is Mortal Kombat. It honors the game the best, it has Christopher Lambert in it as Raiden and it has the best one-liners of all video game movies, even though Street Fighter is a close second.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 am
I thought the sequence in Doom where it switches to first person shooter view, was, I dunno....neat...original? But overall, I'm going to go with Silent Hill. I think it succedded at pulling off a genuinely...creepy atmosphere, with all the falling ash and what not. The plot was a bit thin but is based on a video game, after all. The Pyramid Head dude was great. I hated the Tomb Raider films and the R.E films as well. A close second to Silent Hill would have to be The Spirits Within. The animation was top notch and the story was engaging too.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 am
A vote for Final Fantasy here. Supposedly it didn't have much to do with the actual game, but that might be a strength. Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat are close seconds. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was awful though. I see that one person disagrees with me.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 am
Director

Anyone who thinks mortal kombat:2 is a good movie, needs to go to the looney bin. That movie makes Batamn and Robin look like Goldfinger.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
Anyone who thinks mortal kombat:2 is a good movie, needs to go to the looney bin. That movie makes Batamn and Robin look like Goldfinger.

Yeah that was me, and yeah I liked it but so what? What the hell do you care? Maybe I like it because of my Aspberger's, but still that dosne't mean your stupid "loony bin" comment was justified at all! It always irritates the hlel out of me when people call me crazy just for liking a film that most people hate! :evil: and I never saw either Batman And Robin or Goldfinger, so I can't make comparisons to those either.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:12 pm
Vexer wrote:
corpen11 wrote:

Yeah that was me, and yeah I liked it but so what? What the hell do you care? Maybe I like it because of my Aspberger's, but still that dosne't mean your stupid "loony bin" comment was justified at all! It always irritates the hlel out of me when people call me crazy just for liking a film that most people hate! :evil: and I never saw either Batman And Robin or Goldfinger, so I can't make comparisons to those either.

[monotone]Oh no....I am shocked by this revelation...shocked by this shocking swerve...gasp[/monotone]

Any of you are actually shocked by this? I am shocked that I would think that you were a Street Fighter guy Vexer...but not shocked that you chose MK:A

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 pm
Patrick wrote:
Vexer wrote:
corpen11 wrote:

[monotone]Oh no....I am shocked by this revelation...shocked by this shocking swerve...gasp[/monotone]

Any of you are actually shocked by this? I am shocked that I would think that you were a Street Fighter guy Vexer...but not shocked that you chose MK:A
Well I was sorta torn between MK:A and RE:Apocalypse.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:39 pm
Well I think that's a pretty good indicator of the general quality of video game films...yikes...it was more a matter of picking the 'least bad' one...

...i picked the second resident evil...guilty diversion...I'm sure my pick woulf be F.F but I havent gotten around to seeing it yet.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:13 pm
I'm in agreement with Patrick. Mortal Kombat honors the game best, which may not necessarily make for a great movie. However, it makes for a decently over-the-top movie, which is totally what the video game is. But WHO'S IDEA was it to make it PG-13?

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:19 pm
Director

Mortal Kombat is second on this list, after that, it's a toss up of what you prefer.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:04 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
Mortal Kombat is second on this list, after that, it's a toss up of what you prefer.

Considering this is asking what your favorite video game movie is, I'm pretty sure the entire thing is a toss up of what you prefer.

My vote also goes for Mortal Kombat for reasons Patrick and Pedro have already expounded upon. Silent Hill would be second, but I prefer the over-the-top tone of MK. It's a fun movie. I know I'm probably alone, and I know it wasn't very good, but did anyone else watch the weekly MK series that aired on TNT a while back? I think it was in the late 90s or very early 00s. I loved it for reasons I am unable to explain.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
corpen11 wrote:

Considering this is asking what your favorite video game movie is, I'm pretty sure the entire thing is a toss up of what you prefer.

My vote also goes for Mortal Kombat for reasons Patrick and Pedro have already expounded upon. Silent Hill would be second, but I prefer the over-the-top tone of MK. It's a fun movie. I know I'm probably alone, and I know it wasn't very good, but did anyone else watch the weekly MK series that aired on TNT a while back? I think it was in the late 90s or very early 00s. I loved it for reasons I am unable to explain.

The animated one? I watched that...don't remember anything about it but I know I watched it. If you talking about the other MK series, then I didn't see it.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm
Hi patrick

What a miserable genre it is :-(

I voted for Womb Raider

Can I suggest Poll 11?
Favorite Paul Thomas Anderson movie
Magnolia, Boogie Nights, Punch Drunk Love, there will be Votes

Rob

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:24 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
Hi patrick

I voted for Womb Raider

Can I suggest Poll 11?

Rob

You thought I was kidding when I said Boll was next week?

But don't worry, I'll showcase good things, probably movies, after Boll.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:29 pm
I voted Mortal Kombat as well. I would have voted for FFVII: Advent Children if it was put on the list though.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
Hi patrick

I voted for Womb Raider

Can I suggest Poll 11?

Rob

Yeah! Good idea. I've only seen Silent Hill and I wouldn't go so far as to say it was good. It wasn't terrible. I'll vote for it.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:16 pm
Out of all of these...I've only seen Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider.

I don't feel I have enough to cast a vote...never been driven to see these films.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 pm
Street Fighter was the shit back when I was 10 so I'm going with that. I don't care what anyone says, "change the channel" is still funny as hell.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
Hi patrick

I voted for Womb Raider

Can I suggest Poll 11?

Rob

It would be a pity if there is any truth to the idea that having a poll discourages further discussion because PTA deserves a nice long thread.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 pm