Bloodrayne 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Dungeon Siege 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Seed 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Postal 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
The rest.... 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

Poll #10 Part 2: Uwe Boll video game movies 
Post Poll #10 Part 2: Uwe Boll video game movies
I figured I would make the poll next week...but if I did I'd feel I would be killed before I can unleash a poll a lot more people would like than the movie games on so the Boll one is here now...hooray!

And to spare my life, next week's poll is favorite Kubrick movie.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:22 am
Post Re: Poll #10 Part 2: Uwe Boll video game movies
I'm picking Dungeon Siege mostly for one thing....A MASSIVE TELEKINETIC SWORD FIGHT!

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:24 am
I can't vote on this

My girlfriend's friend married Uwe Boll

You may not like his movies or his image but he's a decent guy!

Rob

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:43 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
I can't vote on this

Rob

Are you serious man? :o

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:02 am
Serious that she married him?

Serious that he's a decent guy?

Serious that I can't vote as I'm biased?

Rob

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:08 am
Robert Holloway wrote:

Rob

Are you serious that she reallt married him?

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:34 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
I can't vote on this

Rob

Weird story: I'm friends with a fellow who claimed to have met Vince Vaughn. Believable enough, right? The conversation was short and characterized as the following:
Quote:
Friend: Hey! Vince Vaughn!

Vince Vaughn: Hello.

Friend: I've never seen any of your movies but I've liked some of the previews I've seen for them.

Even if that exchange raises some doubts over veracity I can't help but feel, every time I see Vince Vaughn, "that poor guy. He didn't deserve to be insulted like that. He seems nice."

I don't doubt that Uwe Boll's a decent guy. Why not? What's to doubt? I don't doubt that others have seen his movies. I do doubt, however, I'll ever see anything he's done. My fraud vote is going to be for Postal. It has one of the Kids in the Hall in it.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:39 am
Director

Voting for this is like voting for which method of your execution is "more humane."

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:45 am
Profile YIM
Vexer wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:

Rob

Are you serious that she reallt married him?

Absolutely.

I have not met him so all stories are 2nd hand. he's evidently very into the financing of his movies and the fact that they do make money.

Rob

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:26 am
My vote goes for Postal, it's the most delightfully offensive movie i've ever seen, say what you will about Boll but it takes real balls open a movie by directly making fun of 9/11! I'll bet that scene laone would turn James off, though it made me laugh my ass off(probably cause 9/11 honestly didn't affect me that much when it happened, don't know why exactly, it just didn't)And Boll is even brave enough to make fun of himself in this one as he appears and talks about how his movies are really financed by nazi gold and he gets into a brawl with the Postal game creator :lol: .

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:57 am
House of the Dead is his most watchable by far because it is hilarious. I saw it expecting the worst movie, instead it was so bad it was funny. Actually editing in shots of the games? That is brilliant in so many ways!

I watch Alone in the Dark expecting the same unintentional hilariousness, boy was I wrong. That movie was just plain bad.

Bloodrayne was...I don't really remember.

Dungeon Siege was actually not that bad. I just think it is fiercely mediocre.

I haven't seen Seed, and don't plan on seeing Postal. I cannot wait for Far Cry though!

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 pm
Currently I'm the only one who voted for "The Rest..."

I've seen only one Uwe Boll movie (Tunnel Rats) and that was only because I didn't know he was involved.

The movie was bad, but not bad enough for me to understand all the hate he gets.

Quote:

Couldn't we do something like this in the "Lists" section instead? Perhaps we could have some "Rank the movies of..." threads where we go through individual directors. Might spawn more discussions than a poll.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:27 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

I've seen only one Uwe Boll movie (Tunnel Rats) and that was only because I didn't know he was involved.

The movie was bad, but not bad enough for me to understand all the hate he gets.

Quote:

Couldn't we do something like this in the "Lists" section instead? Perhaps we could have some "Rank the movies of..." threads where we go through individual directors. Might spawn more discussions than a poll.

Great idea. I'd be up for a rank the movies discussion in the list area

Patrick?

Rob

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Quote:

Great idea. I'd be up for a rank the movies discussion in the list area

Patrick?

Rob

While I can't stop anyone from doing it...unless World War III breaks out on the thread, I don't see the value of doing ranks instead of polls. In fact, if we do ranks there would be posts with just ranking lists or "I can't rank these" cop-outs. Doing a favorite opens up more discussion, that's what I think.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:44 pm
Patrick wrote:
While I can't stop anyone from doing it...unless World War III breaks out on the thread, I don't see the value of doing ranks instead of polls. In fact, if we do ranks there would be posts with just ranking lists or "I can't rank these" cop-outs. Doing a favorite opens up more discussion, that's what I think.

I don't know, this thread has garnered a whopping 14 posts before I posted this. I haven't visited the Polls section since June, no lie! I'd say this forum isn't an ideal place to start a lengthy conversation.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 am
I love Uwe Boll. No joke. He funds his own flicks and literally fights his critics (for charity to boot). Plus I love reading to rants from gamers online. Long live Uwe!

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 pm
Director

Robert Holloway wrote:
I can't vote on this

Rob

Boy, that sucks ass. :?

Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:39 pm
Profile YIM
Okay, if no one else is going to address the elephant in the room, then I;ll be the pervert. Bloodrayne is bye far the most watchable Boll flick due to the Kristanna Loken jailhouse romp scene. There its out in the open.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:41 pm
Director

Bloddrayne is a watchable bad film, but it still sucks ass.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:38 am
Profile YIM
Producer

corpen11 wrote:
Bloddrayne is a watchable bad film, but it still sucks ass.

That's pretty much it. I must admit, I had fun writing a review for it, which I'll post here:

Quote:
Nancy and I watched most of BloodRayne today, which is pretty bad but not quite as bad as I expected. It was interesting to see how people reacted to being in an Uwe Boll movie.
(1) Kristanna Loken responds by speaking mostly in a monotone, with an odd accent which sounds vaguely Danish with a mild speech impediment. She shows generous cleavage, but no nudity that I could tell, but this was SCI-FI network and they probably bleeped it out. She does an amazingly effective job of slicing considering her swords had no edges. (Nancy pointed this out.) She sometimes gasps effectively in her battles but her somersaults compare with mine. Her character is a dhampire which is like a regular vampire, only wetter.
(2) Michelle Rodriguez responds by doing a dead-on impersonation of Kristianna Loken in BloodRayne. She even has the accent down.
(3) Ben Kingsley responds by looking bored and in pain, as if he had a bad case of hemorrhoids.
(4) Matthew Davis responds by acting so subtle that you forget he's on the screen, which, since he's the male lead, he presumably is. This presumably will enable him to escape the movie with minimal damage, assuming, of course, he actually is in it
(5) Michael Madsen plays the leader of the vampire-hunting trio whose other members are played by Rodriguez and Davis. What's interesting is that, despite his character being European (his name is Vladimir), underneath the wig he's definitely a bubba. If you saw him in Kill Bill 2, you can imagine what Uwe Boll can bring out in him.
(6) Meatloaf, who we first see surrounded by a bevy of naked beauties (with the vital parts blurred out since this is on the SCI-FI Channel), realizes his position is hopeless and has fun playing off the decadence. He has some difficulty with action scenes since all the other characters can run circles around him.

I was struck when I first tuned in how everything looked like it was painted paper-mache, except for the characters who looked a bit odd. It's an strange effect which we think comes from shooting directly to videotape.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:53 pm