Between 19-25 years old 32%  32%  [ 23 ]
Between 26-30 years old 19%  19%  [ 14 ]
Between 31-40 years old 19%  19%  [ 14 ]
Over 40 years old 16%  16%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 73

Poll #6: How old are you guys 
Post Re: Poll #6: How old are you guys
Moovy1 wrote:
34 years old here. A younger guy, 16 or 17, that started working at the shop the other day, started telling me a story about how his dad was a collector and saved all of his older music (originals) and handed it down to him. I was expecting it to be, you know...maybe some late Led Zeppelin albums....some Beatles perhaps and maybe a little ACDC or Black Sabbath. Nope...MC Hammer, Sir Mix-A-Alot, LL Cool J, Kool Moe Dee. LOLOL. The pain....the horror...the pain. :shock:

I just recently had a conversation with a person that was 5 in 1996. That means while I was looking for any excuse to drive a car -- return a videotape, take something to the dry cleaners -- she was crying to her mother about a scraped knee. A part of me died and I finally understood what it meant to start falling out of fashion. She says "I just turned 18!" and I say "My daughter just shit her diaper and I received an angry phone call about it! Why was I called for that?!" When someone says "I'm into the classics," I say "Oh! Like Mooyv1's list?" And they say "No... you know, like "Momma Said Knock You Out"." The beats go on.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:41 am
I'm 19, younger thne most on here and I have a tendency to hate alot of films that people love and love alot of films that people hate, i'm weird like that.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:07 am
I suppose I came in on the early side of Gen. Y, so I can't quite claim to be utterly shocked when somewhat recent musical acts are labeled as classic. But I do believe "classic" refers to more than just age. I just about lose my lunch when I hear bands like REO Speedwagon and Foreigner on staunchly classic rock radio stations, yet there are more recent artists whom I couldn't begrudge entry into the pantheon of greats.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 am
Ken wrote:
I suppose I came in on the early side of Gen. Y, so I can't quite claim to be utterly shocked when somewhat recent musical acts are labeled as classic. But I do believe "classic" refers to more than just age. I just about lose my lunch when I hear bands like REO Speedwagon and Foreigner on staunchly classic rock radio stations, yet there are more recent artists whom I couldn't begrudge entry into the pantheon of greats.

You have to abandon those 'established' definitions of classic in order to see how, when someone uses 'classic' to refer to Prince's early 90s output, they're actually saying 'old as f*ck' while trying to remain polite.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:59 am
Anybody want to feel old? When I was a kid, I thought "the artist formerly known as Prince" was his name. I didn't realize people literally meant he used to be called Prince in an earlier phase of his career.

It also didn't occur to me until relatively late in my childhood to question the presence of Prince music at several key points in the '80s Batman movie.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:04 am
Ken wrote:
Anybody want to feel old? When I was a kid, I thought "the artist formerly known as Prince" was his name. I didn't realize people literally meant he used to be called Prince in an earlier phase of his career.

It also didn't occur to me until relatively late in my childhood to question the presence of Prince music at several key points in the '80s Batman movie.

When Prince reads this post he'll be moved to come to your home, knock on your door, and convert you to his religion of Purple Magick. And then he'll convert you to a Jehovah's Witness. That's just the kind of guy he is.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:09 am
majoraphasia wrote:
When Prince reads this post he'll be moved to come to your home, knock on your door, and convert you to his religion of Purple Magick. And then he'll convert you to a Jehovah's Witness.

Then he'll serve you up a nice stack of pancakes.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 am
I do like pancakes, and Purple Rain has some good cuts... but I'm locking the deadbolt as soon as I see that assless jumpsuit coming up the driveway.

Didn't Prince have an assless jumpsuit? Or was David Lee Roth the only one?

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 am
Ken wrote:
I do like pancakes, and Purple Rain has some good cuts... but I'm locking the deadbolt as soon as I see that assless jumpsuit coming up the driveway.

Didn't Prince have an assless jumpsuit? Or was David Lee Roth the only one?

Yeah Prince had one of those...but Roth did?

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:21 am
Tuco wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
When Prince reads this post he'll be moved to come to your home, knock on your door, and convert you to his religion of Purple Magick. And then he'll convert you to a Jehovah's Witness.

I was waiting for that reference. :)

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:22 am
Tuco wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

The pancakes I wouldn't mind. The attempted conversion would be pointless (seeing as how I believe in Jehova/Yahweh/Jesus) though it would inspire a lively debate as I'm pretty sure that the Watchtower's eschatology is fundamentally/doctrinally flawed.

However....if Prince dunked on me...I would cut off my manhood and toss it into the river...

:|

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:27 pm
Gaffer

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 am
I'm 26.

The first time I felt old was when I was hanging out with a bunch of younger guys and they played some CDs I had with 90s bands like Soul Asylum or the Goo Goo Dolls. They loved the music, but had no clue who the artists were.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:00 pm
18 years old, been a Berard fan for several years now. He understands more than most critics why people love movies.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:10 am
Moovy1 wrote:
Tuco wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

The pancakes I wouldn't mind. The attempted conversion would be pointless (seeing as how I believe in Jehova/Yahweh/Jesus) though it would inspire a lively debate as I'm pretty sure that the Watchtower's eschatology is fundamentally/doctrinally flawed.

However....if Prince dunked on me...I would cut off my manhood and toss it into the river...

:|

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Game...Blouses

You know I read an interview with Prince where he confirmed this really happened. The basketball game at least, the rest may have been creative license.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:18 pm
I'm 17

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:23 am

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:33 pm
Holy Smokes...

At 39 I'm an old guy here.

I started snowboarding before most of you were born.

Why don't you all chip in and buy me some new tennis balls for my walker.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:02 pm
41. About the same as James, I believe. I think this is why his 80s reminiscences strike such a chord with me. I remember going to see all the same films!

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm