Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:44 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Colbert reveals the Oscar winners :-) 
Post Colbert reveals the Oscar winners :-)
In an hilarious sequence tonight Colbert predicts the Oscars - I laughed and laughed

He finally recommends Obama to take the 800Bn and bet it on his picks!

This just happened live on the West Coast so it may take a few hours to be live on his site (Google Colbert) or YouTube

But it will :-)

Rob

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:54 am
Post Re: Colbert reveals the Oscar winners :-)
Love Colbert, so good :lol:

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:15 am
I love that he couldn't accept Sean Penn winning the Oscar, so he changed it without using "Da Colbert Code". Haha.

These were his predictions:

Best Picture: Slumdog
Best Actor: Mickey Rourke (code said Sean Penn)
Best Actress: Kate Winslet
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger
Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz (really?)

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:45 pm
Really. Cruz has been a frontrunner for a while, until Winslet showed up. Then she moved to the Best Actress category and basically paved the way for Cruz. I don't think the winner is clear-cut; all the supporting actresses are good. However, Cruz is what a lot of others are saying. I don't see Henson or Adams winning, and Tomei seems unlikely. Davis is a crap shoot.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:23 am
Pedro wrote:
Really. Cruz has been a frontrunner for a while, until Winslet showed up. Then she moved to the Best Actress category and basically paved the way for Cruz. I don't think the winner is clear-cut; all the supporting actresses are good. However, Cruz is what a lot of others are saying. I don't see Henson or Adams winning, and Tomei seems unlikely. Davis is a crap shoot.

Yeah, Cruz has been the front-runner for a while. Which is unfortunate though, in my book.
It is a show-offy role, lots of yelling and cursing in Spanish, while looking beautiful. Cruz does that very well, but it does not seem nearly as challenging as Tomei's role, which put her out in the open and left her to live or die by her acting skills. Tomei's talent won out and her performance is deeply moving, while the best I can say about Cruz's is that it was mildly amusing.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:26 am
That's what I thought of Cruz's performance when I first saw Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I watched it again in time for the Golden Globes and she grew on me. There are more subtleties when she's not playing psycho-bitch that I didn't pick up on the first time. I completely agree with you on Tomei, though. If she wins, I'm going to be happy and annoyed: happy because I think her performance is the best of the five and annoyed because it's going to screw me up in the Oscar pool. XD

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:31 am
Pedro wrote:

Pedro - have you seen the Colbert sequence. It's the way he predicts the winners that is so hilarious. EWhen you see something like this , he could predict Obama winning best actress for all I care - it was that funny :-)

http://www.colbertnation.com/home
Click on the Joker under all new video

Rob

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:02 am
Yeah, that was great.
And the winner is... Slumdog Millionaire!
Although they could give it to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button--that one seemed important.

Trying out some of the moderator functions here. More discussion of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report can be found in the TV forum, here:
http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=172

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:24 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]