Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:02 am

Now that A-Rod has abused steroids.. 
Post Now that A-Rod has abused steroids..
Is it possible to take anything that's happened in recent baseball history seriously anymore? This is just ridiculous now.

I used to like the MLB, but this decade has been so unkind to it. Is it close to finally sinking into #3 (as it is already distantly behind the NFL right now)? Can it rebound, or will it be beaten by the sport which counts rebounds? Will Don Zimmer and Manny Ramirez ever fight again? TELL ME.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:00 pm
Post Re: Now that A-Rod has abused steroids..
Well, like it or not, the fact is that MLB is making more money than it ever has. Sure, the NFL is more inside the fabric of American life right now, but it does not profit as much money.

Obviously a lot of new stars being forced down people's throats from the NBA will increase popularity, but I don't think it will ever be in the top two on a national scale.

If anything, sadly, the more and more steroids news breaks, the more some people are tempted to be okay with it -- if EVERYONE was doing it, was anyone really cheating? An inane argument, but one that's being made.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:07 pm
Where were you guys when Jose Cansenco released his book and then that steroid trial where every famous ball-player had to testified if they ever did roids or not

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 pm
After seeing Bigger Stronger Faster, I really couldn't care less. Let them take steroids, the game would be way crazier. Either that or have two leagues, and see which one survives.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:09 pm
Pump them all up and make the playing field level for everyone.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:16 pm
This news is not surprising

Once money is involved to ludicrous degrees, people cheat

Wall Street
Ponzy schemes
Politicians with taxes
Baseball

and so it goes on....

Rob

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:17 pm
A-Rod is a drama queen, and a team cancer to boot. He may put up some amazing, HOF-like statistics, but they're hollow in the sense that 1) He never shows up in the playoffs, and 2) His selfish personality ends up rubbing off the wrong way on his teammates. Even Class-Act Joe Torre didn't say flattering things about him.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:58 am
TunaFanForever wrote:
A-Rod is a drama queen, and a team cancer to boot. He may put up some amazing, HOF-like statistics, but they're hollow in the sense that 1) He never shows up in the playoffs, and 2) His selfish personality ends up rubbing off the wrong way on his teammates. Even Class-Act Joe Torre didn't say flattering things about him.

'Class Act's don't make literary feats comparable to Jose Canseco. Joe Torre is cooked in my book.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:07 pm
A-Rod says cousin injected him with substance

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_ ... _rodriguez

TAMPA, Fla. – Alex Rodriguez answered one big question Tuesday, admitting his cousin repeatedly injected him with a substance from the Dominican Republic. The New York Yankees star blamed his 2003 positive test on being young and naive. "I knew we weren't taking Tic Tacs," said Rodriguez, who was joined at the head table by Yankees general manager Brian Cashman and manager Joe Girardi.

Before a horde of reporters at Steinbrenner Field, Rodriguez began by reading a statement in which he again apologized for taking banned drugs from 2001-2003 while he was with the Texas Rangers.

Then Rodriguez turned to his teammates and searched for the right words......................

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm