Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:42 am

Aamen and Ed: Chuckles Aplenty 
Post Aamen and Ed: Chuckles Aplenty
EDIT: Like jumping into a movie at the halfway point, this thread is causing real confusion to all the poor people who decided to have a read. The backstory is as follows:

In week 7 of the competition thread, aameen entered simply by copying my votes (I assume he was hoping for a reaction.) We had a brief, obviously fake argument about it. In week 8, I goaded aameen into another "argument" which you can follow below. There was some brief confusion among forum members, who thought we were really arguing, following which Evenflow8112 aka Phil got upset that aameen used "the f word" and used his moderator powers to remove all traces. I thought Phil reacted excessively, given that there were other instances of the "f word" in the same thread that he left alone and because he himself had used it in the past. Phil responded, then removed the entire conversation from the week 8 thread and inserted them into this thread which he created (including the title of the thread).

For the record, the fake arguing aameen and I were involved in was by no means a prank or any attempt to hoodwink the forum members. We started it because we thought that the competition threads were becoming a bit boring because all that ever went on was people voting. We assumed (hoped?) that the members would immediately realise our argument was fake and join in the fun.

***/ End of EDIT

aameen wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
aameen wrote:

sorry, phil. seems i caused some frustration, huh. will vote as soon as i'm done watching the trailers. and the names of the directors.

Oh really? I think you're just waiting for me to vote. I have my eyes on you, friendo.

oh shut up, eddie boy! do not even question my guess-master brain. im like mojo jojo to your ....regular .......no.......retarded.........No!!that monkey from the ice skatin monkey movie!!!...HA!!! oh i got you there didn't i ?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! oh.....

remember how i got you back then? good times.

I'm trying to figure out which is worse: your votes this week or your sense of humour. :lol:

Last edited by ed_metal_head on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 pm
Post Re: So... You THINK You Know James? (Week 8)
ed_metal_head wrote:
I'm trying to figure out which is worse: your votes this week or your sense of humor. :lol:

ohh...how you disappoint. such inexplicably pathetic behavior, very rare. of course its a bad sense of humor. that's the point. and from the pathetic-ness of the humor will generate lulz. :roll:
i was channeling the berba. http://www.dirtytackle.net/category/dim ... ntinental/
only instead of seduction, i installed trash talk.

do your research!!! i believe you already know of the site, so don't say you're not supposed to know it.

but maybe i should be more direct, huh? dont wanna put too much pressure on you do we, eddie boy? :)

PS-we'll see whats what this week, wont we? :x

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:17 pm
goddammit!!!!!!!!!!
FIRST MOVIE!!!! 1 STAR!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!!
WWWHHHHYYYYYYYY GGODD WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????

i knew they'd taken the best part of it out but....but...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:?

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:07 pm
aameen wrote:
ohh...how you disappoint. such inexplicably pathetic behavior, very rare. of course its a bad sense of humor. that's the point. and from the pathetic-ness of the humor will generate lulz. :roll:
i was channeling the berba. http://www.dirtytackle.net/category/dim ... ntinental/

do your research!!! i believe you already know of the site, so don't say you're not supposed to know it.

but maybe i should be more direct, huh? dont wanna put too much pressure on you do we, eddie boy? :)

Oh I see...you were only pretending to be pathetic. Please excuse my confusion, you see you pretend so well that you had me thinking you were actually pathetic.

Now I realise just how pregnant with humour you really are.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
aameen wrote:

Oh I see...you were only pretending to be pathetic. Please excuse my confusion, you see you pretend so well that you had me thinking you were actually pathetic.

sarcasm, really? is that all that's left for you?

pity....pity.....

but hey, i forgot to say,
SHUT THE HELL UP, ED!!

I'LL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK, PUNK!! :x

EDIT- sorry phil.

Last edited by aameen on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:14 pm
Damnit to hell, no cursing.

I'm glad this one was apparently so tough people skipped it out of despair. Makes me feel proud to call this baby a thriller (or as allmovie.com might say, a 'nail-biter') :)

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:24 pm
aameen wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

pity....pity.....

SHUT THE HELL UP, ED!!

EDIT- sorry phil.

No, no, no. No sarcasm here. I think you're pretty funny...about as funny as Mr. Dane Cook.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
aameen wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

pity....pity.....

SHUT THE HELL UP, ED!!

EDIT- sorry phil.

No, no, no. No sarcasm here. I think you're pretty funny...about as funny as Mr. Dane Cook.

now that's just shitty sarcasm. ineffective.
dane cook? hell, at least put an effort in. come up with something new.
i expect better.
like i said, see you next week. we have no business here now. we have lost.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am
What are you guys talking about? -___-

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:37 am
Pedro wrote:
What are you guys talking about? -___-

what do you mean? this idiot, ed_metal_head, and i have a little problem, as is apparent.
if you read the whole argument you'll get what's happening. as for my "we have lost" comment. well, we didn't make it into the second round, did we? so...this thread is like a party we're no longer welcome to.

PS- what does " -___- " mean?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:44 am
aameen wrote:
PS- what does " -___- " mean?

It means he's confused cause he's can't process so many emoticons.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:18 pm
Wow, guys, why don't we all chill out, have a Dr. Pepper, and move on; at least most of us can mourn our loss early this week.

Erik

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:15 pm
ADayintheLife1979 wrote:
Wow, guys, why don't we all chill out, have a Dr. Pepper, and move on; at least most of us can mourn our loss early this week.

Erik

Or rather:

"I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over. ;) "

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 pm
ADayintheLife1979 wrote:

Erik

Dr. Pepper sucks! Now I'm angry...thanks DayinLife

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:34 pm
This is the worst arguing I've ever seen. Nevertheless, yeah, it ends, now, or I might have to Mod-ify you both. Just how I roll :idea:

Glad I can strike up anarchy here AND Facebook (see my Obama thread). Glorious.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:35 pm
Patrick wrote:
ADayintheLife1979 wrote:

Erik

Dr. Pepper sucks! Now I'm angry...thanks DayinLife

How 'bout a Fresca?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:23 pm
What the bloody virgin Mary is going on here? It was supposed to be the 'Worst Argument Ever™'! Wasn't it suspicious that this "argument" only goes on in the competition threads? I thought it was obvious that we were taking the piss but I guess certain things don't translate well on the tubes of the interweb.

Anyway, I'll stop the fun now and be totally serious. Grrrr.

Now, what in the blue hell is a Fresca?

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:01 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
What the bloody virgin Mary is going on here? It was supposed to be the 'Worst Argument Ever™'! Wasn't it suspicious that this "argument" only goes on in the competition threads? I thought it was obvious that we were taking the piss but I guess certain things don't translate well on the tubes of the interweb.

Anyway, I'll stop the fun now and be totally serious. Grrrr.

Now, what in the blue hell is a Fresca?

:lol:

i know how you feel, brother.
anyway, you've said enough. i wont add much. awesomely done.

i will say though -

PS-love the trademark. absolute genius. :lol:

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:19 pm
now this thread can go back. to votes.

whoop-de-frickin-do. :|

PS-sorry for the language, phil.

No problem, aamen, but no 'f' bombs, either, please.

Thanks.
~Phil

actually, when i said language, i was referring to the f-bomb. what did you think? :?

Well, yeah, I meant that. Came out wrong. Love talking with you in your own post, btw.

Oh this is revolutionary stuff here.

Last edited by aameen on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:32 pm
aameen wrote:
now this thread can go back. to votes.

whoop-de-frickin-do. :|

PS-sorry for the language, phil.

No problem, aamen, [b]but no 'f' bombs, either, please.[/b]

Thanks.
~Phil

actually, when i said language, i was referring to the f-bomb. what did you think? :?

Well, yeah, I meant that. Came out wrong. Love talking with you in your own post, btw.

Oh this is revolutionary stuff here.

I'd like some clarification please. Are we allowed to use the "f-word" on these forums?

According to the forum guidelines:
Quote:
6. Use PG-13 language. Some limited profanity is allowed but posts with excessive profanity or vulgarity will be edited or deleted. Those repeatedly breaking this rule will be moderated or banned.

Now, what does PG-13 entail here? In movies PG-13 allows one utterance of said "f-word" in a non-sexual manner. Is it the same for us?

By the way, since you're busy modding you should type the f-word into the search box of the forums. There are 58 other mentions of this unmentionable that you urgently need to take care of.

May I suggest you start with this one:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Also, if I may; fuck the Tennessee Titans of 2008. What an overrated, lackluster, strung-togther-by-string-cheese rag-tag one-and-done buncha' phonies.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:42 am