Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:47 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
add friend 
Author Message
Post add friend
ok, i thought about this a month ago, forgot about it. now, started wondering again.
what exactly is it that the friend/foe thing does?




:?: :?: :?:


Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 am
Post Re: add friend
Better question, who actually uses it?

I don't, I know who my friends and enemies are without the public not having to know them.


Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am
Post Re: add friend
Patrick wrote:
Better question, who actually uses it?

haha. really cant picture anyone doing it.

Patrick wrote:
I don't, I know who my friends and enemies are without the public not having to know them.

so...it displays a public list? why?


Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 pm
Post Re: add friend
aameen wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Better question, who actually uses it?

haha. really cant picture anyone doing it.

Patrick wrote:
I don't, I know who my friends and enemies are without the public not having to know them.

so...it displays a public list? why?


I dunno, I was just guessing.


Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:08 pm
Post Re: add friend
It's not useful, at any rate. I tested out the foe option on someone I read regularly and it obscured the text of their posts but offered a link to click through to them. There aren't any regular posters I ignore just as there isn't one poster that writes nothing but gold every time. Both options are meaningless on this forum.


Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:05 pm
Post Re: add friend
majoraphasia wrote:
It's not useful, at any rate. I tested out the foe option on someone I read regularly and it obscured the text of their posts but offered a link to click through to them. There aren't any regular posters I ignore just as there isn't one poster that writes nothing but gold every time. Both options are meaningless on this forum.

huh? thanks major.


Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 pm
Post Re: add friend
aameen wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
It's not useful, at any rate. I tested out the foe option on someone I read regularly and it obscured the text of their posts but offered a link to click through to them. There aren't any regular posters I ignore just as there isn't one poster that writes nothing but gold every time. Both options are meaningless on this forum.

huh? thanks major.


Ah, yes. I forget to answer your question.

If you add a member to the "FRIENDS" list it'll put that member right on the main page of the Reelviews forum user control panel. It'll tell you whether they're online and allows you to send a quick PM if you so choose.

Add a member to the "FOES" list and, if this so-called foe posts something, his/her contribution is hidden from your view if you click on a thread. Hate that son of a bitch majoraphasia? Add him to the "FOES" list and, when browsing any forum, his posts won't be visible to you, sparing you the time and stress of having to read anything that slick arrogant bastard has to write about.

The list of your friends and foes are apparently completely private so nobody will ever know who you love or hate unless you make it totally clear right to their face.


Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:34 am
Post Re: add friend
majoraphasia wrote:
aameen wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
It's not useful, at any rate. I tested out the foe option on someone I read regularly and it obscured the text of their posts but offered a link to click through to them. There aren't any regular posters I ignore just as there isn't one poster that writes nothing but gold every time. Both options are meaningless on this forum.

huh? thanks major.


Ah, yes. I forget to answer your question.

If you add a member to the "FRIENDS" list it'll put that member right on the main page of the Reelviews forum user control panel. It'll tell you whether they're online and allows you to send a quick PM if you so choose.

Add a member to the "FOES" list and, if this so-called foe posts something, his/her contribution is hidden from your view if you click on a thread. Hate that son of a bitch majoraphasia? Add him to the "FOES" list and, when browsing any forum, his posts won't be visible to you, sparing you the time and stress of having to read anything that slick arrogant bastard has to write about.

The list of your friends and foes are apparently completely private so nobody will ever know who you love or hate unless you make it totally clear right to their face.

double thanks :D

PS-my previous post looks sarcastic. it isn't. just saying. :|


Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 am
Post Re: add friend
I don't use it. This is a friendly place and I know nobody even close to a foe
Rob


Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:59 am
Post Re: add friend
BUMP

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

I've just played around with this out of curiosity. Instead of showing a user's post, there's a single line saying "_____, who you are ignoring, posted here. Click to show post". I will continue to experiment in order to see if this is a useful feature or not.


Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 pm
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 3204
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Post Re: add friend
ed_metal_head wrote:
BUMP

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

I've just played around with this out of curiosity. Instead of showing a user's post, there's a single line saying "_____, who you are ignoring, posted here. Click to show post". I will continue to experiment in order to see if this is a useful feature or not.


Good thing no one can use it on me. I can think of a few people who might be in trouble, though.

:)


Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr