Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice (2016) 
Director

Post Re: Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice (2016)
nitrium wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:
New release date March 25,2016 !

Is "Coming Soon" lately defined as 18 months? When you think "soon", do you think one and a half YEARS?

Well, considering it's the first Batman/Superman crossover ever, I suppose it's relatively soon.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 pm
Assistant Director

nitrium wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:
New release date March 25,2016 !

Is "Coming Soon" lately defined as 18 months? When you think "soon", do you think one and a half YEARS?

HaHa. I got so excited that the movie was moved almost two months sooner from their last previous date (May,6). Anyway, I just fixed the poster for you :D

Attachments:
Batman v Superman fan poster.JPG
Batman v Superman fan poster.JPG [ 60.32 KiB | Viewed 607 times ]

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Director

I'm skeptical if DC decides to use literally the same model as Marvel has. I'm really not pumped for a Batman/Superman movie followed by standalone Wonder Woman, Batman, and "Man of Steel 2", THEN followed by Justice League. That's such a drag. So for these other 9 movies that are supposedly getting made in the future, I hope they come up with some cleverer conceit to tie them all together. My guess is, Snyder is helming the films for 2018 and 2020. But even though I'm pumped for BvS, that all seems just too ridiculous.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:14 am
Producer

This thread actually asks a very serious question ...

... is there anything at all I wouldn't do to Gal Gadot?

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:17 am
Assistant Director

Gal Gadot is beautiful and she is training hard to shape up for her performance in BvS:DoJ as WW.

She served for two years as a soldier in the Israel Defence Forces so she knew how to handle herself and now she is training in mixed martial arts plus handle the sword. As you know she had a small bad ass role (Gisele) in the Fast & Furious franchise.

I just hope that she can take the Wonder Woman character far. It will depend of the script given but also in her acting skills that she will have to be very sharp in this potential break through role :mrgreen:

Attachments:
Gal Gadot.JPG
Gal Gadot.JPG [ 24.44 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

unwindfilms wrote:
Gal Gadot is beautiful and she is training hard to shape up for her performance in BvS:DoJ as WW.
She served for two years as a soldier in the Israel Defence Forces so she knew how to handle herself and now she is training in mixed martial arts plus handle the sword. As you know she had a small bad ass role (Gisele) in the Fast & Furious franchise.
I just hope that she can take the Wonder Woman character far. It will depend of the script given but also in her acting skills that she will have to be very sharp in this potential break through role :mrgreen:

She doesn't exactly scream "Amazonian Warrior" though, does she? She needs to seriously bulk up, which seems highly unlikely given her slim frame.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:51 pm
Auteur

nitrium wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:

She doesn't exactly scream "Amazonian Warrior" though, does she? She needs to seriously bulk up, which seems highly unlikely given her slim frame.

She looks just fine to me, I don't think she needs to "bulk up".

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:32 am
Assistant Director

nitrium wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:

The current representation of Wonder Woman in her solo comic is slender than the classic one (See pic attached). Now the Wonder Woman character is not only look but also personality and fighting skills so we will have to wait to see the movie to really assess Galdot as WW. In the meantime she has all my good will :)

Attachments:
WW new 52.JPG
WW new 52.JPG [ 50.97 KiB | Viewed 537 times ]

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Producer

"Bulking up" isn't the fashion at the moment, not even in the gym world. The demise of heavyweight boxing and the influence of recently popular phenomena like MMA means that "the look" is one of all-around athlete. A mate of mine is a personal trainer and we had this discussion a few weeks ago.

So Gadot will hardly be under that kind of pressure.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:35 am
Producer

unwindfilms wrote:

Oh man oh man!!

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:38 am
Assistant Director

Snyder and J J Abrams having fun with their movie mega franchises 8-)

Attachments:
The C3Ped Crusader.JPG
The C3Ped Crusader.JPG [ 33.94 KiB | Viewed 499 times ]
Batman and R2Bin.JPG
Batman and R2Bin.JPG [ 57.58 KiB | Viewed 499 times ]

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Ben Affleck as a grizzled Bruce Wayne

Definitely Snyder is inspired by Frank Miller's Batman !

Edited: The attached pic might be one of the Affleck doubles (or Affleck himself) , here a set clip where you can have better idea of Bruce Wayne's look (Clip taken by an outside fan)

Attachments:
Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne.JPG
Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne.JPG [ 27.64 KiB | Viewed 494 times ]

Last edited by unwindfilms on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice - Warner Bros. Addresses Release Date Change, Says Titles Will Be Revealed Soon

Justice League Movie for August 5, 2016 or June 23, 2017

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros.’ president of domestic distribution said to EW

Quote:
Fellman went on to say that Warner Bros. would be announcing some of the untitled movies later this month. As to whether Dawn of Justice will be followed-up quickly with the oft-discussed Justice League movie, Fellman said that, “while it hasn’t been officially announced...it’s a pretty good bet.

Awesome!

Attachments:
Justice League.JPG
Justice League.JPG [ 62.17 KiB | Viewed 478 times ]

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Director

Why do you think Justice League is coming out within a year of BvS? I doubt that very much. But definitely don't expect Nikki Finke's list to be accurate either. Man, I doubt it'll be the case, but I kind of wish they would just make this series a linear serial or something. I'm beyond pumped for BvS, but no one wants to see a 2-hour origin movie for Shazam. I don't either.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:35 am
Assistant Director

MGamesCook wrote:
Why do you think Justice League is coming out within a year of BvS? I doubt that very much. But definitely don't expect Nikki Finke's list to be accurate either. Man, I doubt it'll be the case, but I kind of wish they would just make this series a linear serial or something. I'm beyond pumped for BvS, but no one wants to see a 2-hour origin movie for Shazam. I don't either.

Well I just thought that August 5, 2016 is too good to be true but your idea to be right after BvS:DoJ (as a linear serial) can fit very well (and cool) for the Fellman's "Pretty good bet" statement

Fingers crossed for an August 5,2016 release date for Justice league to be announced at the end of this month which would an awesome birthday present for me which is the 31st of August :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Auteur

MGamesCook wrote:

I kind of do actually.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 pm
Second Unit Director

NotHughGrant wrote:
"Bulking up" isn't the fashion at the moment, not even in the gym world. The demise of heavyweight boxing and the influence of recently popular phenomena like MMA means that "the look" is one of all-around athlete. A mate of mine is a personal trainer and we had this discussion a few weeks ago.

So Gadot will hardly be under that kind of pressure.

Every "Personal Trainer" in the world has their own theory as to this and that. It's got to be one of fastest growing industries I've ever seen in my lifetime. It takes basically no schooling to become a "personal trainer" yet they hand out pockets of wisdom to anyone willing to listen. I know that's a hopeless broad generalization, and there are a lot of elite trainers who know their stuff, but saying people are more influenced now by the look of Jon Jones to when Mike Tyson was a lot more famous is drawing a long bow.

Try this one: I think people used to want to get "big" because of Arnold Schwarzenegger, but when they saw how women went gaga for the fit and athletic look of Brad Pitt it changed their thoughts. That's when they said let's do more cardio vascular work with out workouts. Who would know? Surely it's got more to do with the insane amount of advertising for dieting and eating properly?

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 am
Assistant Director

EW: Affleck on Batfleck: 'I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think I could'

Quote:
“Before I took the role, Warner Bros. gave me a bunch of past reactions to casting and said, ‘Are you sure you want to get into this? This is part and parcel of these movies now. There’s a lot of active fans with a lot of opinions.’ To me, having been through a certain amount of that, it doesn’t really … Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I wouldn’t have taken the part if I didn’t trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking. I think Chris Terrio wrote a terrific script. Zack’s a great visual director. And there’s an interesting take. I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think I could do it. I have the benefit of a lot of that understanding. But also, everyone is entitled to their opinion. That’s a big part of this international sport.

Quote:
“You know what? It’s great that people do care that much. They want to see the movie that much. And it is incumbent on you to honor the story. There are the Greek myths and these are the American myths. The American myths are these superheroes. People care about ‘em a lot. And it’s incumbent on you to do a good job and make it as excellent as you possibly can. At the end of the day, the movie’s all that matters.”

Attachments:
Ben Affleck Bruce Wayne.JPG
Ben Affleck Bruce Wayne.JPG [ 35.8 KiB | Viewed 362 times ]

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Exclusive: Superman Shows Off New Suit In ‘Dawn Of Justice’ Set Photos

Attachments:
Superman on the set.JPG
Superman on the set.JPG [ 31.3 KiB | Viewed 292 times ]

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Plenty of muscles.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:06 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next