Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:52 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 787 ... 839  Next
Last Movie You Watched 
Author Message
Director

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 1999
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
Quote:
I hope though that the confined talk-a-thon is not a sign of things to come when going forward with his filmography.


Yes and know. Godard invests a lot of time into his films' conversations, but the nature of them changes over time. In Breathless, it's playful and the dialogue reveals character. Later, he becomes less interested in characters and more in generalizations. "Charismatic dopey criminal" and "aloof but vulnerable girl" by Masculin Feminin become a more general study of "young man" and "young woman" (though the Antoine Doinel actor can't help but breathe depth and life into his roles). Then in even later Godard it becomes simply "man" and "woman." Then even later still, simply "person," "people," "group," "individual." At least that's my interpretation.

If you're into Breathless's loose pace, you may enjoy Band of Outsiders and Pierrot le Fou. With Masculin Feminin, he enters his dryer, more studious(?) phase. Over time, I've actually come to prefer the latter. But the former is great as well.


Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:15 pm
Profile
Producer

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 am
Posts: 2307
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
NotHughGrant wrote:
ilovemovies wrote:
Bale was critical poison before Batman Begins? He did The Machinist which got good reviews and he was excellent in it.

Laural Canyon also has a fresh rating of 68% at rottentomatoes.

Yes, he did have a 1-2-3 punch of Captain Corelli's Mandolin/Equilibrium/Reign of Fire all of which have a rotten score on rotten tomatoes. But it wasn't Batman Begins that ended it. Batman Begins did make him a super star though.


I don't know how old you are, but I remember it vividly. Bale's career was on a fast track to oblivion. Something he's admitted himself.

The Machinist became cult-ish AFTER Batman


I never denied that Batman Begins made his career go big. I was responding to you saying that he was "critically poison" which wasn't true at all. Even when the movie came out, the movie got very good reviews and Bale received huge acclaim for his performance. If I recall, I think there was even mild Oscar talk. Granted, it never happened of course, but the fact that there was some talk meant that Bale was well respected even before Batman came out.

And actually American Psycho got mostly good reviews as well. Remember James gave it 3.5 stars. I personally didn't like it, but that's obviously not the point. The critics largely did like it.


Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: New Zealand
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
JamesKunz wrote:
Ebert gave it a 3 star rating (the lowest positive rating)

What about 2.5? He did those too, you know - 2.5/4 implies something "above average" in my book (not sure about Ebert's). 3 stars = 7.5/10. imdb users have Equilibrium at 7.6/10. It all sounds about right to me. V for Vendetta incidentally also covers the same territory, and being a superior film, unsurprisingly (to me at least) has a higher 8.2/10 imdb score. Clearly, the "wisdom of crowds" doesn't get a lot of respect from you. Yet it is exactly that principle that forms the very foundation of democratically elected governmental systems that we all live under. You don't have to agree with the outcome of course (especially in something as subjective as film appreciation), but to simply discount those that you don't agree with as wrong and thus deserving of scorn I think is perhaps a little insulting.


Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:04 pm
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6475
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
nitrium wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Ebert gave it a 3 star rating (the lowest positive rating)

What about 2.5? He did those too, you know - 2.5/4 implies something "above average" in my book (not sure about Ebert's). 3 stars = 7.5/10. imdb users have Equilibrium at 7.6/10. It all sounds about right to me. V for Vendetta incidentally also covers the same territory, and being a superior film, unsurprisingly (to me at least) has a higher 8.2/10 imdb score. Clearly, the "wisdom of crowds" doesn't get a lot of respect from you. Yet it is exactly that principle that forms the very foundation of democratically elected governmental systems that we all live under. You don't have to agree with the outcome of course (especially in something as subjective as film appreciation), but to simply discount those that you don't agree with as wrong and thus deserving of scorn I think is perhaps a little insulting.


Nah 2.5 is mixed bag, and 3 is positive. Ebert's 2.5 star reviews are thumbs down reviews on the show.

I don't discount your opinion, because I've read you on this forum before and you know your stuff. I disagree with you on Equilibrium, but I certainly haven't said anything to discount your opinion. (e.g. "you only like this because you like gunplay" or something insulting like that). I gave you my reasons for not thinking it was good, but didn't ever diminish your opinion.

What I DID discount was your idea that popular opinion was a good measure of anything. People...don't really know much. I subscribe to the Churchill school of thought about democracy (it's the worst form of government...except for all the others).

Tell me this. Since you're waving the flag of the common man, would you support the Academy Awards being voted on by everyone over the age of 18? Wouldn't that be more fair? (and completely idiotic)

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: New Zealand
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
JamesKunz wrote:
Tell me this. Since you're waving the flag of the common man, would you support the Academy Awards being voted on by everyone over the age of 18? Wouldn't that be more fair? (and completely idiotic)

Oh wouldn't that just be something ;-) ? And yet: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top - do you COMPLETELY disagree with the majority of films that appear on that list?
Look I get and, yes, even appreciate what you're saying, I just don't see the need to be all snarky about it (unless you're in a bad mood or have been drinking... then I get it). There isn't really a unanimous opinion on anything is there? Least of all art. Nothing you say will make me like Equilibrium less. It is what it is.


Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:33 pm
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6475
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
nitrium wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Tell me this. Since you're waving the flag of the common man, would you support the Academy Awards being voted on by everyone over the age of 18? Wouldn't that be more fair? (and completely idiotic)

Oh wouldn't that just be something ;-) ? And yet: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top - do you COMPLETELY disagree with the majority of films that appear on that list?
Look I get and, yes, even appreciate what you're saying, I just don't see the need to be all snarky about it (unless you're in a bad mood or have been drinking... then I get it). There isn't really a unanimous opinion on anything is there? Least of all art. Nothing you say will make me like Equilibrium less. It is what it is.


I don't drink :)

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 806
Location: Puerto Rico
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
NotHughGrant wrote:
Thief12 wrote:
Still, your "ewwww, you called Equilibrium a good film" comment comes off as extremely elitist and condescending. Sometimes you need to accept that everybody has different tastes and not everybody likes the same films.


I'm sorry, but this is a total non-argument.

In that case why critique anything at all. There'll be people out there who unironically like Battlefield Earth. Or think The Room is a moving drama. Should we spare their feelings too?

Should we hell as like. If you're going to be so thin skinned, perhaps don't post at all. Perhaps never leave the house.

'Ewwwwww' is a pretty charitable way to describe a film as daft as Equilibrium.


JamesKunz wrote:
Nitrium: what IMDB users say is of very little relevance to me, and it should be to you too. Movies are a milieu in which people like us (here comes the elitism, Thief!) are beyond the common movie watcher. It's not condescending, it's true: we know more about what makes a good movie. There's a weird belief in America that because "everyone is equal," their opinions are equally valid. Why should that be the case? I happen to know an incredible amount about film, travel, baseball, (American) government, geography, and select areas of history. I know far, far less about theater, football (either one), physics, geology, and the other areas of history. My opinion about matters of the latter SHOULD be worth less to you than any of the former subjects. Scratch what I said earlier. That's not elitism. That's just logical.


Call me party pooper, but I'll take an insightful discussion about any film over an "Ewww" any time of the day. And I'm obviously not against criticism or "thickskin", but rather in favor of smart conversations. Don't get me wrong, I'm not above tongue-in-cheek jabs at known crapfests among friends/acquaintances, but there's a fine line between something that pals can say to each other and joke about (my wife makes fun of me frequently for being a fan of The Blair Witch Project :D ) and the kind of comments where one is looking down on others from a perch. For all the alleged knowledge that a cinephile might have about "what makes a good movie", I don't think "ewwwww" is the right way to transmit it.

That said, I also disagree with the statement that we know "what makes a good movie", because that is entirely subjective. What makes a good movie for me isn't and shouldn't be what makes a good movie for JamesKunz, or Vexer, or Berardinelli, or the co-worker that babbles to you about the latest Adam Sandler film. We all don't go to the movies for the same reasons or looking for the same things; heck, even I don't watch all films for the same reasons. I'm not looking in Kung-Pow for the same sort of experience I might get from There Will Be Blood, but dammit if I didn't have fun with both at the theater (different kinds of fun).

And finally, even if I were to abide by that premise of knowing "what makes a good movie", that would presuppose that every single poster or lurker that visits this forum comes with the same amount of knowledge, which I don't think is necessarily true. Heck, I know I wasn't an expert when I started posting in film forums 15-16 years ago. But in the midst of all the typical forum/Internet crap, there was insightful discussion as well as friendships that have lasted to this day.

Again, I'm not saying this in an angry, offended, finger-wagging manner or to discourage humorous banters, and pointed back-and-forths. Like I said above, that's part of common forum/Internet interactions, and being one of the "newest" members of this forum, I'm probably the least entitled to post all this, but just a suggestion that could encourage not only more thoughtful discussion, but maybe more posting and contribution. Having NOT seen Equilibrium, I know I would've enjoyed and appreciated a more thorough explanation from JamesKunz, who I know knows a lot about films, on why he didn't like it (which he posted later), rather than an "Ewwwww" which would've left me pretty much clueless as to why he didn't like it, or if I could've liked it. After all, that's what real criticism is about.

Now I'll shut up, since I probably wrote too much crap, which might lead some to think that I don't like it here, which I do :oops: I like you all.

_________________
"Get busy living, or get busy dying"

Visit my site: Thief12 profile


Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 1999
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
Quote:
What I DID discount was your idea that popular opinion was a good measure of anything. People...don't really know much. I subscribe to the Churchill school of thought about democracy (it's the worst form of government...except for all the others).


Well...cynicism isn't really a good answer to anything, no matter what the argument is. I think the popular, common opinion counts for something. Even if it's not correct, it can often tell you more about the film itself, good or bad.


Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:35 pm
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6475
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
Thief12 wrote:
Call me party pooper, but I'll take an insightful discussion about any film over an "Ewww" any time of the day.

Thief12 wrote:
For all the alleged knowledge that a cinephile might have about "what makes a good movie", I don't think "ewwwww" is the right way to transmit it.
Thief12 wrote:
I know I would've enjoyed and appreciated a more thorough explanation from JamesKunz, who I know knows a lot about films, on why he didn't like it (which he posted later), rather than an "Ewwwww" which would've left me pretty much clueless as to why he didn't like it, or if I could've liked it. After all, that's what real criticism is about.


Jeez, Thief, you really didn't like that ewwwww. Sometimes we post brief things that don't have much substance, like

On TV, I rewatched Predators, and I stand by my original opinion. This was better than it had any right to be. It doesn't compare to the original, but it does enough things well to keep me entertained. Grade: Probably a B

That tells me nothing about the movie itself. And I'm okay with that. Again, sometimes we want to just throw down a thought. And then, if prompted (for instance, if I had said "What are those things that kept you entertained, Thief?") you presumably would have told me. Just like I wrote an entirely cogent explanation of Equilibrium's problems when prompted.

Overall, I agree with you that substantial comments are better, but sometimes we just keep it brief and that's not a problem. Plus, I'm starting to get a little pissed off at the amount of explanations I'm being forced to give about something that wasn't really that big a deal in the first place.

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 pm
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 6475
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
MGamesCook wrote:
Quote:
What I DID discount was your idea that popular opinion was a good measure of anything. People...don't really know much. I subscribe to the Churchill school of thought about democracy (it's the worst form of government...except for all the others).


Well...cynicism isn't really a good answer to anything, no matter what the argument is. I think the popular, common opinion counts for something. Even if it's not correct, it can often tell you more about the film itself, good or bad.


I agree that popular opinion counts for something, and should be considered. But this all started when Nitrium told me I had no grounds to call something a bad movie because it has good marks on IMDB. I don't trust the hoi polloi's opinion much when it comes to film.

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: New Zealand
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
JamesKunz wrote:
I agree that popular opinion counts for something, and should be considered. But this all started when Nitrium told me I had no grounds to call something a bad movie because it has good marks on IMDB. I don't trust the hoi polloi's opinion much when it comes to film.

That's not quite right. What I said was that labeling the film "juvenile" was inconsistent with the general consensus of imdb scores based on age demographics. "Juvenile" is a descriptive fairly objective word that I failed to see could appropriately be used describe Equilibrium. And I still don't ;-). Of course you can say a film is bad if you find it bad. Cinema, like all art, is by it's very nature highly subjective. I find Signs, for example, just terrible but I can't remotely back that up with "proof" from the imdb.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:59 am
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:56 pm
Posts: 258
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
'The Grand Budapest Hotel' (Anderson, 2014) ***.5 out of ****
Moonrise Kingdom was alright, and few lines have got my rocks off like Bill Murray's response of "...that's a loaded question", but The Grand Budapest Hotel is a richer and more fully fleshed vision that Anderson's last flight of whimsy; and without putting it's child actors in uncomfortably sexual situations. Fiennes and the rest of the completely stacked cast is an absolute delight and Anderson's sense of humor mixes with his artistic sensibilities better here than any of his work since The Royal Tenenbaums. In fact, I'd venture I say this is his best film next to Tenenbaums, period.

'Under the Skin' (Glazer, 2014) **** out of ****
Now here is a fucking movie. In the last few years I have generally caught one movie a year that has completely blown me away: Her, The Master, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Tree of Life and The Social Network since 2010, actually. Now I can add Jonathan Glazer's latest to that short list. Under the Skin is a mesmerizing visual poem that offers a complex pondering about sexual identity. A minimalist exercise is sensory overload and about as truly cinematic an experience as has come out so far this decade. Thought provoking and in turns viscerally and emotionally horrifying, this is one that will remain on your mind for a quite a grip.

_________________
Never take a forum signature too seriously, even this one.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:58 am
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:56 pm
Posts: 258
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
nitrium wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
I agree that popular opinion counts for something, and should be considered. But this all started when Nitrium told me I had no grounds to call something a bad movie because it has good marks on IMDB. I don't trust the hoi polloi's opinion much when it comes to film.

That's not quite right. What I said was that labeling the film "juvenile" was inconsistent with the general consensus of imdb scores based on age demographics. "Juvenile" is a descriptive fairly objective word that I failed to see could appropriately be used describe Equilibrium. And I still don't ;-). Of course you can say a film is bad if you find it bad. Cinema, like all art, is by it's very nature highly subjective. I find Signs, for example, just terrible but I can't remotely back that up with "proof" from the imdb.


Simple fact of the matter is IMDB is a horrible barometer for anything. Equilibrium is juvenile because it approaches ideas that have been with fleshed out with more aplomb on Fox Network with samurai swords. There have been much better cross breeds of The Matrix and 1984, V for Vendetta (while hardly all that subtle) was one of them. I will say this for Equilibrium though, it's still a helluva lot better than Aeon Flux or that godawful shit heap Ultraviolet (sorry Vex; wuvs you).

_________________
Never take a forum signature too seriously, even this one.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3978
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
nitrium wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
I agree that popular opinion counts for something, and should be considered. But this all started when Nitrium told me I had no grounds to call something a bad movie because it has good marks on IMDB. I don't trust the hoi polloi's opinion much when it comes to film.

That's not quite right. What I said was that labeling the film "juvenile" was inconsistent with the general consensus of imdb scores based on age demographics. "Juvenile" is a descriptive fairly objective word that I failed to see could appropriately be used describe Equilibrium. And I still don't ;-). Of course you can say a film is bad if you find it bad. Cinema, like all art, is by it's very nature highly subjective. I find Signs, for example, just terrible but I can't remotely back that up with "proof" from the imdb.

I too think Signs is an absolutely terrible film, the plot twist I would say is very juvenile because of how incredibly stupid it is and how it generates a plot hole the size of a crater.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:39 am
Profile
Cinematographer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:40 pm
Posts: 555
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
Kick-Ass 2 - ** out of *****

After watching this film, I am now rather happy that it took me almost a year to do so. I thought that one of the themes of the comics upon which this and the first film were based was the real consequences of dressing up like a weirdo and going out to be a super-hero. However, this sequel elected to take license in the name of introducing more sappy elements like a love story which would have been ridiculous in the comics given the age difference between Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl. It also toned down the violence, thus softening the impact that the comics tried to make in terms of the notion of realistic consequences. The end result was a mess of a film that tried to be too many different things and failed at all of them. This is yet another sequel that failed, and I hope that they just close the book on making any more films based on this comic series.

_________________
"Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."


Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:53 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3978
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Kick-Ass 2 - ** out of *****

After watching this film, I am now rather happy that it took me almost a year to do so. I thought that one of the themes of the comics upon which this and the first film were based was the real consequences of dressing up like a weirdo and going out to be a super-hero. However, this sequel elected to take license in the name of introducing more sappy elements like a love story which would have been ridiculous in the comics given the age difference between Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl. It also toned down the violence, thus softening the impact that the comics tried to make in terms of the notion of realistic consequences. The end result was a mess of a film that tried to be too many different things and failed at all of them. This is yet another sequel that failed, and I hope that they just close the book on making any more films based on this comic series.

The first film also had a love story, if anything the romance was toned down in the sequel from the first film. The violence didn't seem toned done to me at all, especially with scenes like Mother Russia attacking the cops with a lawnmower.

I personally thought it was a very good sequel and am eagerly awaiting a third film.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2712
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
nitrium wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
I agree that popular opinion counts for something, and should be considered. But this all started when Nitrium told me I had no grounds to call something a bad movie because it has good marks on IMDB. I don't trust the hoi polloi's opinion much when it comes to film.

That's not quite right. What I said was that labeling the film "juvenile" was inconsistent with the general consensus of imdb scores based on age demographics. "Juvenile" is a descriptive fairly objective word that I failed to see could appropriately be used describe Equilibrium. And I still don't ;-). Of course you can say a film is bad if you find it bad. Cinema, like all art, is by it's very nature highly subjective. I find Signs, for example, just terrible but I can't remotely back that up with "proof" from the imdb.


It's juvenile because it's a dumb version of a dystopian concept that replaces deeper analysis on why and how such a system exists (1984, Brave New World and even The Matrix and V for Vendetta as mentioned above) with a martial art predicated on where people are likely to fire guns.

Apart from that, in my opinion, it is also flat, bland, joyless. It's vague concept (emotion is bad) actually harms the actors in it and forces a very good actor (Christian Bale) to do an impression of a much less talented one (Keanu Reeves). The twist is silly and non-eventful, the end is meh, it's poorly set, shallow in its analysis of what's going on ... need I continue??

I also find Signs to be terrible

Quote:
I too think Signs is an absolutely terrible film, the plot twist I would say is very juvenile because of how incredibly stupid it is and how it generates a plot hole the size of a crater.


Or a crop circle

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:32 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2712
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
ilovemovies wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
ilovemovies wrote:
Bale was critical poison before Batman Begins? He did The Machinist which got good reviews and he was excellent in it.

Laural Canyon also has a fresh rating of 68% at rottentomatoes.

Yes, he did have a 1-2-3 punch of Captain Corelli's Mandolin/Equilibrium/Reign of Fire all of which have a rotten score on rotten tomatoes. But it wasn't Batman Begins that ended it. Batman Begins did make him a super star though.


I don't know how old you are, but I remember it vividly. Bale's career was on a fast track to oblivion. Something he's admitted himself.

The Machinist became cult-ish AFTER Batman


I never denied that Batman Begins made his career go big. I was responding to you saying that he was "critically poison" which wasn't true at all. Even when the movie came out, the movie got very good reviews and Bale received huge acclaim for his performance. If I recall, I think there was even mild Oscar talk. Granted, it never happened of course, but the fact that there was some talk meant that Bale was well respected even before Batman came out.

And actually American Psycho got mostly good reviews as well. Remember James gave it 3.5 stars. I personally didn't like it, but that's obviously not the point. The critics largely did like it.


It's a quite an interesting story about American Psycho, Bale won the role after much battling, then lost it to Leo Di Caprio, who then belatedly dropped the project to do The Beach (replacing Ewan McGregor which then caused Danny Boyle and McGregor to fall out for a decade).

So then Bale was re-hired again. Ouch!!

The film got very mixed reviews here. I think it got some superficial details right, and Bale was good in it, but as a picture, meh at best.

Perhaps you and I remember Bale's career differently. But, it also appears you remember it differently to Bale himself. His interviews are like sifting through needles to kind small pockets of hay, but he has revealed that his career at this point (Captain Corelli, Equilibrium and Reign of Fire) was heading toilet-wards very quickly indeed. 3 consecutive high profile bombs can finish anyone

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:51 am
Profile
Producer

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 am
Posts: 2307
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
NotHughGrant wrote:
3 consecutive high profile bombs can finish anyone


Tell that to Nicolas Cage, Nicole Kidman, etc. other actors who still get work despite having one bomb after another after another.


Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 am
Profile
Online
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 pm
Posts: 495
Location: Milwaukee, WI (USA)
Post Re: Last Movie You Watched
JamesKunz wrote:
Tell me this. Since you're waving the flag of the common man, would you support the Academy Awards being voted on by everyone over the age of 18? Wouldn't that be more fair? (and completely idiotic)


Isn't that what "The People's Choice Awards" and "The MTV Movie Awards" are supposed to be about?

(Just for kicks: the winners from last year in the People's Choice Awards movie categories ["the people" sure loves them some Sandra Bullock]):


Favorite Comedic Movie
Grown Ups 2
The Hangover Part III
The Heat
Instructions Not Included
We're the Millers

Favorite Comedic Movie Actor
Adam Sandler
Bradley Cooper
Chris Rock
James Franco
Zach Galifianakis

Favorite Comedic Movie Actress

Emma Watson
Jennifer Aniston
Melissa McCarthy
Sandra Bullock
Scarlett Johansson

Favorite Dramatic Movie
Captain Phillips
Gravity
The Great Gatsby
Lee Daniels' The Butler
Prisoners

Favorite Dramatic Movie Actor
Channing Tatum
Chris Hemsworth
Hugh Jackman
Leonardo DiCaprio
Ryan Gosling

Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress
Amy Adams
Emma Stone
Halle Berry
Oprah Winfrey
Sandra Bullock

Favorite Family Movie
Despicable Me 2
Monsters University
Oz the Great and Powerful
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
The Smurfs 2

Favorite Horror Movie
Carrie
The Conjuring
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Insidious: Chapter 2
Mama

Favorite Thriller Movie
A Good Day to Die Hard
The Call
Now You See Me
Red 2
White House Down


Last edited by Johnny Larue on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 787 ... 839  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: calvero, Johnny Larue and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr