Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:36 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
American Politics 
Author Message
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 372
Post Re: American Politics
Vexer wrote:
I don't at all feel bad about making my choice at the polls and most people in general don't.


Look out, guys! Vex has laid down the law about how most people feel! He's obliterating me with facts!


Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3348
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: American Politics
Shade2 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
I don't at all feel bad about making my choice at the polls and most people in general don't.


Look out, guys! Vex has laid down the law about how most people feel! He's obliterating me with facts!

Well go ahead and ask the average person if they regret voting for Obama, and I gurantee you the majority of the time they'll say no.


Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:50 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2381
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: American Politics
Yeah, the average person


A male, female 20 year old retired welding accountant from rural downtown LA. Who likes playing golf, with bike engines, on ski slopes. Has no kids but 3 daughters. Is a married singleton, who is 12% gay and speaks 1.6 languages

Are you winding us up, Vex?

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:28 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 372
Post Re: American Politics
Shade2 wrote:
Give me facts!!


Vexer wrote:
I gurantee you


Hard to argue with that.


Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:37 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: American Politics
Vexer wrote:
Personally I disagree, I don't at all feel bad about making my choice at the polls and most people in general don't.

1. You have missed my point completely.

2. If you've never felt even the slightest bit conflicted about a vote you've cast, you are possibly a robot. In which case, please do not rip the page out of the phone book when you look up Sarah Connor. Just write the numbers on a pad of paper. Seriously, it will take you about five seconds.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:55 pm
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:43 pm
Posts: 773
Post Re: American Politics
Seriously. What kind of inferior robot is that, anyway? He's programmed to kill, banter and has all of the superior design and technology available in the future. Did they not leave enough memory for him to manage seven to ten digits? Surely the programming required for him to tear the page out and pocket it is harder to code than shoving an extra flash drive in his skull. This is to say nothing of the prodigal son who returns to seek out his parents, Norma and Bruce Connley. Now he'll continue walking about the earth, believing the one phone book he looked at to be complete and his parents given up and relocated due to Jordan Connley's difficult teen years.

_________________
Which are you drinking? The water or the wave?


Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:50 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 am
Posts: 226
Post Re: American Politics
Jordan should have been more appreciative. His parents gave him everything.

T1's flash drive could've been damaged during combat. Plus, he's trying to keep Reese from locating her first. He should've ripped every book in the city.

_________________
______________________________
Specializing in rodent behavior modification.
-Watch me pull a habit out of rat.


Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:10 pm
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:43 pm
Posts: 773
Post Re: American Politics
Awf Hand wrote:
Jordan should have been more appreciative. His parents gave him everything.

T1's flash drive could've been damaged during combat. Plus, he's trying to keep Reese from locating her first. He should've ripped every book in the city.


(1) Like hell they 'gave him everything'. Unless, of course, you mean their withholding affection gave him the everything that defined him: unable to commit to a relationship for fear of being rejected, unable to stop smoking cigarettes because they remind him of the only attention his father gave him ("We're going to play a game, Jordy. I'm going to drink this entire bottle of vodka in front of you while extinguishing cigarettes between your toes. Toes your mother painted with red polish because you're the next best thing to the girl your mother always wanted but, thanks to my low-motility sperm, could never get. Also: you're adopted. Though you prove nature v. nurture by crying the same way as your adoptive mother. You win the game if you can pay off my gambling debts by the time my bottle crashes to the floor in a profound symbol of hope lost to alcoholism. Get to paying!"), unable to chew gum whilst walking because it reminds him of the formative moment when his uncle was torn apart by an escaped zebra.

Yes. They gave him everything. If only they had given him a little less of the trauma, a little more love. The love they claimed they had misplaced and for which Jordan went rooting through their room. ("Find the love we lost for you?" asked Bruce as Jordan opened the fourth box in his parents closet, the one labeled "Misc. Items from orphanage for unlovable children. + utensils)

(2) It's well-known that LA has only one phone book and it's really only for show. There was a citywide ban on phone books when it became clear that everyone in the city had cocaine and the desire to screw. Why attempt to order the sale of drugs and sex when you're just going to turn to the person next to you and fuck them, anyway?

_________________
Which are you drinking? The water or the wave?


Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:33 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2381
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: American Politics
Mark III wrote:
Seriously. What kind of inferior robot is that, anyway? He's programmed to kill, banter and has all of the superior design and technology available in the future. Did they not leave enough memory for him to manage seven to ten digits? Surely the programming required for him to tear the page out and pocket it is harder to code than shoving an extra flash drive in his skull. This is to say nothing of the prodigal son who returns to seek out his parents, Norma and Bruce Connley. Now he'll continue walking about the earth, believing the one phone book he looked at to be complete and his parents given up and relocated due to Jordan Connley's difficult teen years.


You owe me a hernia op :lol: :lol:

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2381
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: American Politics
Awf Hand wrote:
Jordan should have been more appreciative. His parents gave him everything.

T1's flash drive could've been damaged during combat. Plus, he's trying to keep Reese from locating her first. He should've ripped every book in the city.



:lol:

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:42 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3348
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: American Politics
Ken wrote:
Vexer wrote:
Personally I disagree, I don't at all feel bad about making my choice at the polls and most people in general don't.

1. You have missed my point completely.

2. If you've never felt even the slightest bit conflicted about a vote you've cast, you are possibly a robot. In which case, please do not rip the page out of the phone book when you look up Sarah Connor. Just write the numbers on a pad of paper. Seriously, it will take you about five seconds.

I've felt conflicted about a few votes, but the presidency was not one of them.

MarkIII-I get the impression that you're either intoxicated or high everytime you post :lol:


Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:25 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 am
Posts: 226
Post Re: American Politics
Vexer wrote:
MarkIII-I get the impression that you're either intoxicated or high everytime you post :lol:


I offer him a dozen words or so and he passes a verbal logrhythm through a Salingeresque superconductor. That's damn good return on investment.

_________________
______________________________
Specializing in rodent behavior modification.
-Watch me pull a habit out of rat.


Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:00 pm
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:43 pm
Posts: 773
Post Re: American Politics
Vexer wrote:

MarkIII-I get the impression that you're either intoxicated or high everytime you post :lol:


I take exception of your use of the word "or" in the above sentence. For two reasons, one humorous and the other more educational, involving the equivalence between 'high' and 'intoxicated'.

For the record, I get the impression that you're not high or intoxicated every time you post. Your posts are sober, bordering on sobering. Really, I'm just glad you take the time to read my writings.

_________________
Which are you drinking? The water or the wave?


Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:21 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr