Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:22 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 45  Next
General Movie News 
Director

Post Re: General Movie News
If you read the article in the link or any other articles about the news, they state that Marvel has chosen that date for one of their movies long before Warner Bros. put their own superhero movie from 2015 to be across it. The news is just about Marvel not changing the date, and announcing that the movie is going to be Captain America 3.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:15 am
Producer

peng wrote:
If you read the article in the link or any other articles about the news, they state that Marvel has chosen that date for one of their movies long before Warner Bros. put their own superhero movie from 2015 to be across it. The news is just about Marvel not changing the date, and announcing that the movie is going to be Captain America 3.

Given that information, I'd still say Marvel is the one who's being petty. Do they have to have that release date to themselves every year? They don't even know how well Cap 2 has done yet.

Even if they did have it first, is this really what they want? I could see maybe if WB had moved BvS into the Avengers 2 slot; yeah, that would be kinda retarded on WB's part. But there's no chance in hell Cap 3 would outgross BvS that weekend. It would only be to try and take a sucker punch at DC and put a dent in their box office, and not a very massive dent at that. If that's not petty, I don't know what is. A really rich fan could easily just buy up every seat at a big movie's midnight premiere before anyone else has a chance. That doesn't make it right.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:55 am
Director

That's going into pure speculation on motives which I'm not interested. I'm just addressing the notion of Marvel trying to put their movie up against the BvS's release date, when in fact they plan to on that day already without any outsides factor.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:42 am
Producer

Captain America is not nearly as popular as Batman and Superman. So Captain America will lose. If it were Thor, Marvel would lose. Really, the only way I see Marvel beating Superman Vs Batman is with another Avengers movie. The only single character that COULD possibly beat DC is Iron Man, but do they even plan on making another solo Iron Man movie?

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:30 am
Director

Personally, I dig this and I hope both studios stand firm. Yeah, it's silly that they're fighting over a release date and the fanboys are once again going to war, but that's part of what makes a compelling rivalry. This is like the Yankees and the Red Sox (granted, as an Orioles fan I hate both teams, but I digress). I don't have a horse in the race and I'll see both movies regardless, but the sheer animosity here is juicy enough for me to just sit back and munch on popcorn Eddie Griffin-style.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:46 am
Auteur

KWRoss wrote:
Personally, I dig this and I hope both studios stand firm. Yeah, it's silly that they're fighting over a release date and the fanboys are once again going to war, but that's part of what makes a compelling rivalry. This is like the Yankees and the Red Sox (granted, as an Orioles fan I hate both teams, but I digress). I don't have a horse in the race and I'll see both movies regardless, but the sheer animosity here is juicy enough for me to just sit back and munch on popcorn Eddie Griffin-style.

It's certainly will be interesting to see who comes out on stand.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Producer

Vexer wrote:
KWRoss wrote:

It's certainly will be interesting to see who comes out on stand.

Not really. I say that because I really think there is no way Captain American will do anywhere near as great as a movie with Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman. I just don't see it.

Now you know what would be interesting? It won't happen, but if they ever decided to have the Justice League movie come out the same weekend as The Avengers 3, THAT would be a fascinating dual. Which one would come out on top? That would be the ultimate Marvel/DC movie showdown. But it won't happen.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:37 pm
Producer

I don't really see a Justice League movie, "Man of Steel 3," out-hyping the BvS film. In terms of hype, this next movie is probably DC's Avengers event, in effect. Although if the scale is continually amped up, which I guess it would be, that'll help. I'm sure BvS will end with a tease for something even bigger. And scale may be where Marvel finishes second, in the end.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:46 pm
Director

Peanuts teaser

Blue Sky doesn't inspire confidence as a studio yet, but the Schultz family writing this hopefully means that it will at least retain some original spirit. I was hoping this would go the beautiful Winnie the Pooh (2011) route, but I guess it wouldn't be very commercial.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:27 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Maze Runner trailer came out! I never got a chance to finish the book, but this looks really promising. Also nice that the lead isn't a woman for once (not that there's anything wrong with that), just almost every YA adaptation recently has had a woman as the lead. Obviously Percy Jackson and Beautiful Creatures has male leads, but a majority of the films have had female leads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1In45K0DGc

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:04 pm
Auteur

Convictions wrote:
Maze Runner trailer came out! I never got a chance to finish the book, but this looks really promising. Also nice that the lead isn't a woman for once (not that there's anything wrong with that), just almost every YA adaptation recently has had a woman as the lead. Obviously Percy Jackson and Beautiful Creatures has male leads, but a majority of the films have had female leads.

I don't really see the problem with YA adaptions having female leads(as they aren't poorly written like Bella in the Twilight films at least), I think more films should have female leads actually.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:08 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

Vexer wrote:
Convictions wrote:

I don't really see the problem with YA adaptions having female leads(as they aren't poorly written like Bella in the Twilight films at least), I think more films should have female leads actually.

Yea I realize what I said was wrong. What I was trying to say was I'm so use to seeing YA adaptations of books with female leads recently that it just felt weird seeing a male as a lead. I agree more movies should have female leads. Sorry if I offended anyone. =/

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:32 pm
Producer

These independent filmmakers used a drone to make a short movie about Superman delivering a GoPro camera. I can't stress how awesome the result is. This might be the coolest thing I've ever seen on YouTube.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:07 pm
Assistant Director

Cool indeed Ken 8-)

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Director

First trailer for The Giver's adaptation

The book is so beautifully low-key (haven't read since I was a kid though), but the film seems to abandon that uniqueness to emulate The Hunger Games and its ilk. Meryl Streep's sudden appearance has me slightly intrigued though.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:38 pm
Auteur

peng wrote:
First trailer for The Giver's adaptation

The book is so beautifully low-key (haven't read since I was a kid though), but the film seems to abandon that uniqueness to emulate The Hunger Games and its ilk. Meryl Streep's sudden appearance has me slightly intrigued though.

I was forced to read that book in school, to be honest I didn't like it one bit, I found it to be a very boring and uninvolving read overall, so i'm quite happy that film appears to be going in a very different and more interesting direction. If the film tried to to emulate the book it would probably bore me to tears.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:15 am
Assistant Director

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BjP5f0ccE

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:34 am
Producer

Mark III wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BjP5f0ccE

This isn't news.

This will be news, in the not too distant future somewhere in time and space.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 am
Director

This also isn't news.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 am
Assistant Director

He's wearing little chaps! Just like me.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 45  Next