Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:12 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What would you like to see in your lifetime? 
Author Message
Second Unit Director

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 pm
Posts: 377
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Vexer wrote:
Judging someone from how they throw, oh yeah that makes total sense :roll:


I also judge him a lot on his golf swing. It's fucking terrible and as much as he plays, the least he could do is stop doing a disservice to the game and hire a coach to get better.


Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:48 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3366
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
roastbeef_ajus wrote:
Vexer wrote:
Judging someone from how they throw, oh yeah that makes total sense :roll:


I also judge him a lot on his golf swing. It's fucking terrible and as much as he plays, the least he could do is stop doing a disservice to the game and hire a coach to get better.

Who cares about a damn golf swing? Again that's an incredibly stupid thing to judge someone on, but apparently you're too ignorant to comprehend that :roll:


Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 380
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Vexer wrote:
W obviously had no clue what was "up", otherwise he wouldn't have dumb enough to refer to Iran as one of the "Axis Of Evil" while they were helping out U.S. forces in Iraq.


You correctly pointed out Roastbeef's ignorance, but you're a bit off on the facts here. Iran was (and is) a part of the "Axis of Evil" because it meets the two necessary points:

1) They harbor/help terrorists
2) They are actively seeking WMDs

Some (very relative) good that they were doing doesn't discount that.

As has been pointed out, people who love Bush/hate Obama or vice versa is comical at this point. Both are idiots. Both are documented serial liars. Both kill with impunity. Neither care about Americans' privacy. Neither want to end any war. I'm unconvinced anyone could make real headway in this country as President, but I am convinced that neither of these guys, by the time they took the Oath, wanted to.


Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3366
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
I fail to see how Obama is a "serial liar" and IMO you're dead wrong about him being an "idiot" and I believe he does want to end war, if he didn't we'd still be in Iraq today. Ultimately I believe he has done a lot of good for this country, if you disagree that's fine.

Iran is NOT seeking to build WMD's, that is absolutely false.


Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile
Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:43 pm
Posts: 773
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Quote:
I just can't respect a national leader who throws a baseball like a sissy


Quote:
I also judge him a lot on his golf swing.


This was pretty hilarious.

He's played 160 rounds of golf (since his first election victory) at an apparent average of 5.5 hours each round. When he was first elected, people said he was mediocre. Now, nearly 6 years in, things aren't looking any better. Taxpayers would be more than willing to throw down some tax money to get a few lessons in the guy. At least get the round time down a bit.

_________________
Which are you drinking? The water or the wave?


Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:56 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1665
Location: New Hampshire
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Vexer wrote:

Iran is NOT seeking to build WMD's, that is absolutely false.


Yeah, as a matter of fact, they have. Unless, of course, you don't consider a nuclear warhead a WMD.

_________________
Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ at the end of the world.


Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3366
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Iran is NOT seeking to build WMD's, that is absolutely false.


Yeah, as a matter of fact, they have. Unless, of course, you don't consider a nuclear warhead a WMD.

The whole Iran "nuclear scare" was largely made-up:

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/02/unravelling-nuclear-manufactured.html

I'd expect you of all people not believe all the hype over Iran.

Also I think it's hilarious that people obsess so much over someone's golf swing.


Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1665
Location: New Hampshire
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
I won't deny that there has been plenty of misinformation about Iran. But if you think the Iranians weren't trying to use their energy program as potential leverage against an American invasion, you're very mistaken.

_________________
Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ at the end of the world.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:05 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen by popular vote can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:23 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3366
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
I won't deny that there has been plenty of misinformation about Iran. But if you think the Iranians weren't trying to use their energy program as potential leverage against an American invasion, you're very mistaken.

There's no reason for an invasion in the first place though, those Iran sanctions bills the Tea Party keeps trying to force through aren't going to do anything except make things worse.

If you think we should invade Iran, then you're very mistaken.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:10 am
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1665
Location: New Hampshire
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Vexer wrote:
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
I won't deny that there has been plenty of misinformation about Iran. But if you think the Iranians weren't trying to use their energy program as potential leverage against an American invasion, you're very mistaken.

There's no reason for an invasion in the first place though, those Iran sanctions bills the Tea Party keeps trying to force through aren't going to do anything except make things worse.

If you think we should invade Iran, then you're very mistaken.


Where did I say I think we should invade Iran?

And of course there's a reason for the United States to attack Iran; they've got massive oil reserves. Why do you think we went to war with Iraq? Same reason.

_________________
Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ at the end of the world.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:18 am
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 7275
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Ken wrote:
I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen by popular vote can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.


Ahem, electoral college :D

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:17 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
JamesKunz wrote:
Ken wrote:
I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen by popular vote can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.


Ahem, electoral college :D

I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen indirectly by a popular vote which is mediated by a number of electors that varies from state to state and is questionably democratic despite making a noble attempt to balance the power between populous and non-populous states can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 am
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 7275
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Ken wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Ken wrote:
I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen by popular vote can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.


Ahem, electoral college :D

I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen indirectly by a popular vote which is mediated by a number of electors that varies from state to state and is questionably democratic despite making a noble attempt to balance the power between populous and non-populous states can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.


Ken, I appreciate your efforts to correct your previously incorrect statement. Good for you.

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:24 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 pm
Posts: 377
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Ken wrote:
JamesKunz wrote:
Ken wrote:
I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen by popular vote can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.


Ahem, electoral college :D

I look forward to a future in which leaders chosen indirectly by a popular vote which is mediated by a number of electors that varies from state to state and is questionably democratic despite making a noble attempt to balance the power between populous and non-populous states can't refer to other countries in Republic Serial terms like "Axis of Evil" and expect to maintain any sort of credibility with their electorate.


I look forward to a future of this board when most members stop liking the taste of dick.

I look forward to a cure for assburgers so vex will realize most of what he posts is fucking laughable.

I look forward to a future of 'Merica when Obama goes back to his home country and stops playing terrible golf off my dime.

I look forward to this spring break imma bout to tits where I'm going to Jordan Belfort at least 12 slams.

I look forward to the next time I shoot a 75 because it definitely didn't happen today.

And just like my bro Mcconaughey, I look forward to see myself in ten years. My future wife should be 10 at that point and start being trained in the ways of old.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:11 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3366
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
I look forward to a future where there's a mandatory I.Q. test in order to graduate from high school and college and anyone less then 50 has to be held back.(anyone who thinks Obama wasn't born in the U.S. seriously needs to have their head examined, the shit you say is more ridiculous then anything i've ever said).


Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:14 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 pm
Posts: 377
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Vexer wrote:
I look forward to a future where there's a mandatory I.Q. test in order to graduate from high school and college and anyone less then 50 has to be held back.(anyone who thinks Obama wasn't born in the U.S. seriously needs to have their head examined, the shit you say is more ridiculous then anything i've ever said).


Being held back into college woul be awesome. Did you experience college like you were supposed to? Getting drunk 5 nights a week, a shot of penicillin into your dick twice a month, watching your team win a national championship, drugs, no responsibility, on and on and on... Yea...il stay back in college until I die.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:25 pm
Profile
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 7275
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
roastbeef_ajus wrote:


I look forward to a future of this board when most members stop liking the taste of dick.

I look forward to a cure for assburgers so vex will realize most of what he posts is fucking laughable.

I look forward to a future of 'Merica when Obama goes back to his home country and stops playing terrible golf off my dime.

I look forward to this spring break imma bout to tits where I'm going to Jordan Belfort at least 12 slams.

I look forward to the next time I shoot a 75 because it definitely didn't happen today.

And just like my bro Mcconaughey, I look forward to see myself in ten years. My future wife should be 10 at that point and start being trained in the ways of old.


Keep this up and I'll ban you. No one will accuse me of acting too harshly, and no one will shed a bitter tear.

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:26 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3366
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
roastbeef_ajus wrote:
Vexer wrote:
I look forward to a future where there's a mandatory I.Q. test in order to graduate from high school and college and anyone less then 50 has to be held back.(anyone who thinks Obama wasn't born in the U.S. seriously needs to have their head examined, the shit you say is more ridiculous then anything i've ever said).


Being held back into college woul be awesome. Did you experience college like you were supposed to? Getting drunk 5 nights a week, a shot of penicillin into your dick twice a month, watching your team win a national championship, drugs, no responsibility, on and on and on... Yea...il stay back in college until I die.

If by "supposed to" you mean taking stupid risks, then no I haven't.

I'm still in college and I would prefer not to risk getting infections, DUIs, overdosing etc,


Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: What would you like to see in your lifetime?
Know what I'd like to see in my lifetime?

Some kind of a rig that will enable me to write by hand while lying down, without having to contort my neck.

That and a solution to AGW. But seriously, engineers, get on that lazy person writing rig.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr