Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The Walking Dead 
Producer

Post Re: The Walking Dead
Holy crap. :o

That's all I have to say on the fall finale. February is going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait! :(

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:58 am
Director

Usually I dread when the show piles on the misery because it doesn't do nuance well, but I thought the Governor's storyline with the mom and daughter built up and then ended very well. Their stuff in this ep is sad but great. The thing with Rick's baby might be a bit much to end the half-season on, but like Carol last season, no body to show is just begging for a reunion scene.

And oh my god, the kids coming to rescue, both disturbing and extremely kick-ass.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:19 am
Director

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:20 am
Director

Good episode, especially the Michonne part. As for Carl and Rick... it was good in concept, I guess, but Chandler Riggs not being a particularly strong actor, especially now that he's hitting puberty full force, made some of his obvious speeches a little painful. I really like how barebone the overall episode feels though.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:32 am
Assistant Director

peng wrote:
Good episode, especially the Michonne part. As for Carl and Rick... it was good in concept, I guess, but Chandler Riggs not being a particularly strong actor, especially now that he's hitting puberty full force, made some of his obvious speeches a little painful. I really like how barebone the overall episode feels though.

Yeah it was a bit of a filler episode - not really progressing the story or characters. That said, I prefer the scavenging/survival stuff over the prison (or worse still, the farm) "home base" storylines - everything is more desperate and more urgent when they have to stay out among the Walkers.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:05 pm
Producer

I disagree that Chandler Riggs is not a particular strong actor. I thought he was great in the episode. I really felt for Carl. This episode really shows you how much Carl has unfortunately had to grown and yet, he's still a kid. The end of the episode when he thought his father had turned into a walker and said screw it and just do it, my heart broke for the kid. Of course we all knew Rick wasn't a walker, but the scene still worked.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 am
Director

The Carl/Michonne/Rick part is still the best. Simple but engaging. Riggs' performance improves substantially when he pairs with Danai Gurira, much like how their characters have an easy-going dynamic. Rick's part is nicely tense as well.

The other half with Glen is now a little campy, which is a nice change of pace from the dourness, but I'll have to see how it plays down the line.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:46 pm
Assistant Director

Last night's episode was the one of the worst ever, if not the worst ever. Basically 100% filler, and some really cheesy acting from Beth (Emily Kinney). Just a waste of an hour - the show is seriously starting to spin its wheels.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:27 pm
Producer

I couldn't disagree more. I loved the episode and think both Norman Reedus and Emily Kinney did some of the best acting they have ever done.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:54 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Might be the worst episode since season 3 Prey.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:25 pm
Assistant Director

Today's episode was probably the most depressing and intense of all episodes to date. I can't think of any other TV show that has gone where this just went. This one will stay with me for a while.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:25 am
Director

The adults' side is so much better written and acted than the kids' that I am uncertain about the episode overall. It was all kind of upsetting, sometimes not in the good way. But the last 10 minutes, with the powerful focus on Carol and Tyreese, is enough to make it the best ep of the season for me.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:42 am
Assistant Director

peng wrote:
The adults' side is so much better written and acted than the kids' that I am uncertain about the episode overall. It was all kind of upsetting, sometimes not in the good way. But the last 10 minutes, with the powerful focus on Carol and Tyreese, is enough to make it the best ep of the season for me.

This was a powerful episode, and agreed the best so far for the season. The below being extremely fucked up shit that I won't forget quickly (and it's followed by an equally unforgettable scene):

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 60.89 KiB | Viewed 377 times ]
Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:21 pm
Cinematographer

After having stopped any viewing of this show after part of season 2, a friend of mine got me to watch the last 4 episodes. I do have to admit that the show quality has improved since that season. I did see the episode that the above scene still was taken from, and I have to say: that is some seriously fucked up shit. Lilly is easily the most psychologically fucked-up character that I've seen on that show, surpassing even Shane.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:06 pm
Director

finale on Sunday. looks like it will be eventful.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 pm
Cinematographer

According to Entertainment Weekly, unlike previous seasons that started x months later, the next season picks up right where the last one left off. Wonder how they will explain Carl aging 8 months over night. Would have to get a different toddler for Judith too. (Unless they filmed them already for Ep. 1 of the next season and then had an x month lapse between 1 and 2.)

(Facetious questions...they'll probably just carry on as if nothing changed.)

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 pm
Producer

Considering how the season ended, that shouldn't surprise any one.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 pm
Director

new trailer http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/watch-t ... 201269199/

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:39 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6