Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:51 pm

The Lego Movie (2014) 
Producer

Post Re: The Lego Movie (2014)
It's really good. More energized than any animated movie I've seen in a long time. I'm not in love with the ending; I just wanted the insanity to continue. But I loved the satire and relentless stimulation. Nonstop creativity.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:55 pm
Cinematographer

Post Re: The Lego Movie (2014)
PeachyPete wrote:
I can, however, understand KWRoss (and others) not having faith in the movie initially. Considering it's release date and the underwhelming nature of the movies he named, it makes sense. I honestly didn't know anything about it until I saw a trailer, and that, along with knowing the reputation of the directing team, made me think otherwise.

The release date didn't scare me. This was on my radar when I first saw the trailer for it last fall; it looked hilarious. This is a sweet spot to release a non-Pixar non-Dreamworks CGI movie. A movie like this could get lost in the Christmas blockbusters and Oscar bait run-ups. When a lot of studios are dumping crap on the market in January and February, something with a bit of quality can rake it in as the competition would be light.

Went to see it yesterday with my 4 and 6 year olds and was not disappointed. This is one of those "near perfect" animated movies that works on so many levels and for so many age groups. Is it Toy Story? No. But then what is?

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 am