Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:01 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Amanda Knox 
Author Message
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1666
Location: New Hampshire
Post Re: Amanda Knox
Vexer wrote:
Sexual Chocolate wrote:
Jesus, Vex, give it up. You're outgunned here. Personally, I don't give a shit about the case, which is why I've kept my mouth shut. To avoid looking foolish and all, you know.

Give what up? :? If you don't care about the case that's fine, but I do and i'm not going to "give it up" just cause you say so, you're not the boss of me.

I fail to see how I look "foolish" just for calling this case exactly what it is-an injustice.

I really don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks, so why don't you give it up(whatever "it" is)?



Image

_________________
Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ at the end of the world.


Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:41 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2384
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Amanda Knox
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
Knox's accounts make sense? Jeez, Vex. Have you fucking read them?

I suggest reading version 2 of her story. A fantastic work of demonstrable fiction. Knox is a liar. This is established fact.

Version 2 is the one she later said she 'dreamed', in a letter to her Lawyers.

Yes they made sense and yes I read them, if you don't believe me that's your problem, not mine.

Knox is NOT a liar, that's just YOUR opinion and NOT a fact :roll:

THe only one I see spouting a "work of fiction" here is you.


So Knox's second version of events isn't a huge avalanche of bullshit?

Just to clarify ...

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 pm
Posts: 377
Post Re: Amanda Knox
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
Knox's accounts make sense? Jeez, Vex. Have you fucking read them?

I suggest reading version 2 of her story. A fantastic work of demonstrable fiction. Knox is a liar. This is established fact.

Version 2 is the one she later said she 'dreamed', in a letter to her Lawyers.

Yes they made sense and yes I read them, if you don't believe me that's your problem, not mine.

Knox is NOT a liar, that's just YOUR opinion and NOT a fact :roll:

THe only one I see spouting a "work of fiction" here is you.


How could you possibly know if Knox is a liar or not? That's just your opinion, not a fact. The one that seems to know the most about procedure in this case on here is, Unke, and he wrote a very eloquent, informative piece on as to why. I don't really trust the knowledge you got on saveamandknox.salon.blog or something.

Now, I perfectly understand why she might need to be extradited. But, at least I will admit the reason I don't think she should, and it has nothing to do with my knowledge of legal proceedings.

She is an American goddamnit, and fuck any country trying to mess with 'Merica. We are the big boys on campus...don't cross us.


Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:18 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Amanda Knox
NotHughGrant wrote:
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
Knox's accounts make sense? Jeez, Vex. Have you fucking read them?

I suggest reading version 2 of her story. A fantastic work of demonstrable fiction. Knox is a liar. This is established fact.

Version 2 is the one she later said she 'dreamed', in a letter to her Lawyers.

Yes they made sense and yes I read them, if you don't believe me that's your problem, not mine.

Knox is NOT a liar, that's just YOUR opinion and NOT a fact :roll:

THe only one I see spouting a "work of fiction" here is you.


So Knox's second version of events isn't a huge avalanche of bullshit?

Just to clarify ...

No, but your posts are.


Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Amanda Knox
roastbeef_ajus wrote:
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
Knox's accounts make sense? Jeez, Vex. Have you fucking read them?

I suggest reading version 2 of her story. A fantastic work of demonstrable fiction. Knox is a liar. This is established fact.

Version 2 is the one she later said she 'dreamed', in a letter to her Lawyers.

Yes they made sense and yes I read them, if you don't believe me that's your problem, not mine.

Knox is NOT a liar, that's just YOUR opinion and NOT a fact :roll:

THe only one I see spouting a "work of fiction" here is you.


How could you possibly know if Knox is a liar or not? That's just your opinion, not a fact. The one that seems to know the most about procedure in this case on here is, Unke, and he wrote a very eloquent, informative piece on as to why. I don't really trust the knowledge you got on saveamandknox.salon.blog or something.

Now, I perfectly understand why she might need to be extradited. But, at least I will admit the reason I don't think she should, and it has nothing to do with my knowledge of legal proceedings.

She is an American goddamnit, and fuck any country trying to mess with 'Merica. We are the big boys on campus...don't cross us.

I didn't get my info from a blog, I got it from here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-amanda-knox-is-innocent-2014-1


Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:50 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2384
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Amanda Knox
Vexer wrote:
No, but your posts are.


You've clearly never read it. Thanks for proving my point.

If you had you'd know that it flat out contradicts both versions 1 and 3 of her statements.

In 1 she says she spent the night at her boyfriend (and co-defendant's) apartment, and can't remember more-or-less anything that happened until the next day. There are inconsistencies in this regarding witness statements (including her boyfriend himself); and electronic records on their home computer. When confronted with these 'inconsistencies', she made up version 2...

In version 2 she says she met Patrick (her boss at a local bar) at a local basketball court, they went back to the house her and the victim shared, Patrick had sex with the victim, then Knox heard the victim being murdered, whilst Knox cowered in the kitchen. And told this story in both a verbal statement, and re-hashed it in a letter to the police.

Version 3 is basically a re-hash of 1, but full of internal inconsistencies and a timeline based on fantasy, including a phone call to her Mum telling her of the events before they actually occurred. Her testimony is also contradicted by the routes that her mobile phone connections took, suggesting she was in a different place to the one she claimed.

Like Ken said, none of these things in themselves make her a murderer. But you'd have to be mentally ill not to see the "avalanche of bullshit" here.

Were the Italian Police in this case out of their depth? Yes, I think so. But many provincial police forces would be with this kid of case. I read somewhere that Perugia hadn't had a recorded murder for 20 years prior to this.

For what it's worth, I think with an adequate initial Police investigation, conspiracy to murder would gave been a foregone conclusion in this case. I was a law student for 4 years and had a morbid - shall we say - interest in reading on all sorts of cases. I can't instantly recall a worse, more jumbled alibi than that of Amanda Knox. It's simply staggering, and may important details/lies/contradictions are simply conveniently ignored by the American media now, in what is just an exercise in jingoism and nothing more.

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Last edited by NotHughGrant on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:36 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Amanda Knox
NotHughGrant wrote:
Vexer wrote:
No, but your posts are.


You've clearly never read it. Thanks for proving my point.

If you had you'd know that it flat out contradicts both versions 1 and 3 of her statements.

In 1 she says she spent the night at her boyfriend (and co-defendant's) apartment, and can't remember more-or-less anything that happened until the next day. There are inconsistencies in this regarding witness statements (including her boyfriend himself); and electronic records on their home computer. When confronted with these 'inconsistencies', she made up version 2...

In version 2 she says she met Patrick (her boss at a local bar) at a local basketball court, they went back to the house her and the victim shared, Patrick had sex with the victim, then Knox heard the victim being murdered, whilst Knox cowered in the kitchen. And told this story in both a verbal and written statements, and re-hashed it in a letter to the police.

Version 3 is basically a re-hash of 1, but full of internal inconsistencies and a timeline based on fantasy, including a phone call to her Mum telling her of the events before they actually occurred. Her testimony is also contradicted by the routes that her mobile phone connections took, suggesting she was in a different place to the one she claimed.

Like Ken said, none of these things in themselves make her a murderer. But you'd have to be mentally ill not to see the "avalanche of bullshit" here.
Just cause you don't believe me dosen't mean I didn't read it, you can't prove that I didn't, and the only "avalanche of BS" I see here is your posts.

You're the one who sounds "mentally ill" to me :lol:


Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:39 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2384
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Amanda Knox
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
Vexer wrote:
No, but your posts are.


You've clearly never read it. Thanks for proving my point.

If you had you'd know that it flat out contradicts both versions 1 and 3 of her statements.

In 1 she says she spent the night at her boyfriend (and co-defendant's) apartment, and can't remember more-or-less anything that happened until the next day. There are inconsistencies in this regarding witness statements (including her boyfriend himself); and electronic records on their home computer. When confronted with these 'inconsistencies', she made up version 2...

In version 2 she says she met Patrick (her boss at a local bar) at a local basketball court, they went back to the house her and the victim shared, Patrick had sex with the victim, then Knox heard the victim being murdered, whilst Knox cowered in the kitchen. And told this story in both a verbal and written statements, and re-hashed it in a letter to the police.

Version 3 is basically a re-hash of 1, but full of internal inconsistencies and a timeline based on fantasy, including a phone call to her Mum telling her of the events before they actually occurred. Her testimony is also contradicted by the routes that her mobile phone connections took, suggesting she was in a different place to the one she claimed.

Like Ken said, none of these things in themselves make her a murderer. But you'd have to be mentally ill not to see the "avalanche of bullshit" here.
Just cause you don't believe me dosen't mean I didn't read it, you can't prove that I didn't, and the only "avalanche of BS" I see here is your posts.

You're the one who sounds "mentally ill" to me :lol:


Vexer, why don't you address my point instead of insulting me?

is it because you can't?

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:44 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Amanda Knox
I've already addressed your "point".


Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:46 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2384
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Amanda Knox
You haven't addressed a single point I made.

Do you deny that Knox made inconsistency-ridden and completely false statements to the police?

Simple question?

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:49 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Amanda Knox
NotHughGrant wrote:
You haven't addressed a single point I made.

Do you deny that Knox made inconsistency-ridden and completely false statements to the police?

Simple question?

Any "false" statements she may have made were "coerced" by her interrogators.


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:04 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2384
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Amanda Knox
I find it highly unlikely they coerced something so elaborate. And why then did she persist with this accusation?

Do you seriously think the Italian Police said, "look, we want you to blame this guy, Patrick"?

I doubt it very much.

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Amanda Knox
NotHughGrant wrote:
I find it highly unlikely they coerced something so elaborate. And why then did she persist with this accusation?

Do you seriously think the Italian Police said, "look, we want you to blame this guy, Patrick"?

I doubt it very much.

I don't doubt it, it's not unheard of for people to get "coerced" into saying that's not true. That's exactly what happened in the U.S. to one of the West Memphis Three, he was interrogated for hours and given the same questions over and over in spite of there being no evidence to connect him to the murders and so he was essentially forced into confessing something that was not true because the police were so sure he was guilty regardless of the lack of evidence, like the lead investigator on Knox's case(who as mentioned in the link I provided was indeed corrupt)


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:15 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2384
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Amanda Knox
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant wrote:
I find it highly unlikely they coerced something so elaborate. And why then did she persist with this accusation?

Do you seriously think the Italian Police said, "look, we want you to blame this guy, Patrick"?

I doubt it very much.

I don't doubt it, it's not unheard of for people to get "coerced" into saying that's not true. That's exactly what happened in the U.S. to one of the West Memphis Three, he was interrogated for hours and given the same questions over and over in spite of there being no evidence to connect him to the murders and so he was essentially forced into confessing something that was not true because the police were so sure he was guilty regardless of the lack of evidence, like the lead investigator on Knox's case(who as mentioned in the link I provided was indeed corrupt)


This doesn't add up with Knox. She persisted with blaming that poor bloke (albeit in a weasel-worded fashion) after the interrogation.

There's hardly anything that makes sense in any of her 3 alibis.

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:23 am
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2384
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: Amanda Knox
But anyway, I doubt she'll be extradited. So game over.

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 am
Profile
Second Unit Director

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:49 pm
Posts: 229
Post Re: Amanda Knox
Alex wrote:
I don't know whether she did it or not, but she has been convicted in a foreign court, and if the countries were reversed, the US would damn well expect her to be extradited.

The UK currently has a one-sided extradition treaty with the US. There are several cases in the UK press of UK nationals being extradited to the US for "crimes" that are not illegal in the UK. This extradition traffic is mostly one-way.


In the Knox case, if the roles were reversed, it wouldn't even be an issue because she'd never had been tried a second time due to double jeopardy.

And there are plenty of cases of other countries not honoring their extradition treaties with the US, even when the person whose extradition being sought is an American citizen who fled the country after being convicted or pleading guilty here.


Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:55 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: Amanda Knox
dps wrote:
Alex wrote:
I don't know whether she did it or not, but she has been convicted in a foreign court, and if the countries were reversed, the US would damn well expect her to be extradited.

The UK currently has a one-sided extradition treaty with the US. There are several cases in the UK press of UK nationals being extradited to the US for "crimes" that are not illegal in the UK. This extradition traffic is mostly one-way.


In the Knox case, if the roles were reversed, it wouldn't even be an issue because she'd never had been tried a second time due to double jeopardy.

And there are plenty of cases of other countries not honoring their extradition treaties with the US, even when the person whose extradition being sought is an American citizen who fled the country after being convicted or pleading guilty here.

Exactly, Italy themselves refused an extradition request from the U.S. to hand over that one mobster(his name escapes me at the moment) so it's laughable of them to expect us to just hand over Knox to them on a silver platter.


Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr