Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 39  Next
General Movie News 
Director

Post Re: General Movie News
Ken wrote:
MGamesCook wrote:
I'm surprised he's making such a big thing of it. Everybody read Django Unchained more than a year before its release. Many have already read the leaked Interstellar script. I do find it disheartening that this happens in general though. It speaks badly for the professionalism of the industry if scripts can be leaked so easily.

I was just thinking that. Is it really worth compromising your ethics just to be the one to do the anonymous film industry equivalent of saying "first!" on a message board?
It could be that QT is still sore about the Django incident and he's at the end of his tolerance for this sort of thing. If so, I can't say I blame him. It has to be tremendously rewarding to unveil your completed project to the world, and that opportunity was taken by somebody else at the earliest stage. How annoying that must be.

Yeah you kinda have to call bullshit on this reaction. Lots of films are based on books that MILLIONS have read, and people still go and see the movie (e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter). There is a fucking BIG difference between a script and the finished movie. Why does the script have to be top secret in the 1st place? Why does he even care?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:44 am
Cinematographer

nitrium wrote:
Ken wrote:
MGamesCook wrote:
I'm surprised he's making such a big thing of it. Everybody read Django Unchained more than a year before its release. Many have already read the leaked Interstellar script. I do find it disheartening that this happens in general though. It speaks badly for the professionalism of the industry if scripts can be leaked so easily.

I was just thinking that. Is it really worth compromising your ethics just to be the one to do the anonymous film industry equivalent of saying "first!" on a message board?
It could be that QT is still sore about the Django incident and he's at the end of his tolerance for this sort of thing. If so, I can't say I blame him. It has to be tremendously rewarding to unveil your completed project to the world, and that opportunity was taken by somebody else at the earliest stage. How annoying that must be.

Yeah you kinda have to call bullshit on this reaction. Lots of films are based on books that MILLIONS have read, and people still go and see the movie (e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter). There is a fucking BIG difference between a script and the finished movie. Why does the script have to be top secret in the 1st place? Why does he even care?

How presumptuous of you! Telling another person how to feel after someone does something shitty to them. Classy. I mean, why do black people even care that slavery happened, amirite?

It's a bummer that he's not making the movie, to me. Selfishly, I just want to see more Tarantino movies. Regardless of what he does next, this pretty much guarantees that we'll have to wait longer to see whatever that ends up being. Of course, it is Tarantino, and he very well could change his mind and still make this movie.

I did find it funny that he said something to the effect of, "there's 10 more where that came from!" As if the person was trying to ruin his career by sharing his last idea or something.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:23 am
Auteur

I'm not saying he shouldn't be upset, I just don't really think it's necessary for him to push the film back just because it got leaked.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 pm
Director

I still say in the meantime QT should finally just go and finish "Kill Bill" -- The Whole Bloody Affair and prep it for Blu-ray/DVD release (FINALLY). :|

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm
Producer

He's at it again: here's a scene from The Shining minus Delbert Grady.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 pm
Second Unit Director

The Zero Theorem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsJPOMfGSo

What do you guys think?

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm
Director

Gedmud wrote:
The Zero Theorem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsJPOMfGSo
What do you guys think?

Looks, ahm, very Terry Gilliam. Some of the scenes in the trailer look a bit camp (but that might well be intentional). It's always a bit hard to tell with his works but if it turns out to be a mess it will at least be a GLORIOUS mess!

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:08 pm
Director

They are trying hard to not make me want to see an Aronofsky film.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:23 pm
Producer

Yeah, you know you're going to see it. Let's not kid anybody.

-

I'm not watching this SOTU shit, but I was cracking up at this tweet from Dave Itzkoff:

Quote:
Biden just counting the minutes until the Lemmons he took with Jonah Hill kick in.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm
Auteur

I can tell you i'm not going anywhere near Noah as it looks dreadful.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 pm
Director

Thought it was implied in the sentence. Though admittedly I never see his films in theater, and haven't gotten around to The Fountain or The Wrestler yet.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 pm
Cinematographer

Noah looks like he's about to hunt down one of his passengers for supper. Is this a biblical epic or Rambo joins the navy?

I am looking forward to the movie. It make sense that Noah might have been a pretty buff old man to build the ark and that poster may be a more realistic depiction of what he would really be like, but he sure doesn't look like the image that is normally portrayed.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 pm
Producer

I always imagined him as Noah from The Ewok Adventure: the Battle For Endor.

Yeah. Get on my level, lesser nerds.

Also, Peng: check out The Fountain and The Wrestler.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:44 am
Producer

Didn't care much for The Fountain myself, but I liked The Wrestler a lot. I haven't seen Milk, so I can't say that Mickey was robbed, but he was absolutely incredible in the movie.

I must confess, as far as Aaronosky movies goes, I still have yet to Requiem for a Dream and Pi.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:33 am
Producer

ilovemovies: check out Requiem For A Dream and Pi.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 am
Producer

They are both currently on my netflix queue and do plan to see them sometime soon. Although I know Requiem is suppose to be great, I've always had trepidation towards it because I'm a little sick of movies about drug addiction.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:18 am
Auteur

ilovemovies wrote:
They are both currently on my netflix queue and do plan to see them sometime soon. Although I know Requiem is suppose to be great, I've always had trepidation towards it because I'm a little sick of movies about drug addiction.

I know what you mean, but Requiem tackles the subject without getting preachy, it simply shows the effects of drug-use and let them speak for themselves. it's Aronofsky's best film for me(wasn't yjsy big on The Fountain or The Wrestler)

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:44 am
Second Unit Director

I would agree that Requiem for a Dream is his best as well, and would wager that it wont strike you the same as most movies about drug addiction.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:57 am
Cinematographer

I'm actually really excited for Noah. Aronofsky is such an interesting, ballsy filmmaker that I can't really see him making a straightforward biblical epic. He's even stated that he sees Noah as someone wracked with guilt and plans to focus on that. I'm pretty sure he's going to give us a movie that infuriates a ton of religious people, and I can't wait.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:55 am
Producer

Any religion-themed movie is bound to offend religious people, especially if it's being made by filmmakers with a reputation for artistic integrity. Aronofsky's setting himself up to get an earful.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 39  Next