Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman? 
Assistant Director

Post Re: Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman?
Attached a pic of Jaimie (in the Ironman 3 premiere) vs one sketched by a fan of her in full WW costume ;-)

Plus this YT short clip for the ones who has not seen Jaimie as Sif in Thor 2

She would be great as WW, I just keep dreaming :D

Attachments:
Jaimie-JaimieWW.JPG
Jaimie-JaimieWW.JPG [ 44.63 KiB | Viewed 754 times ]

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 am
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director

It has occurred to me, because Miss Alexander has appeared in thor (Marvel Universe), might this prevent her playing a character from the DC comic universe.
It has never really worked for other people who have gone from one universe to the other i.e.
Ryan Reynolds,
Bryan Singer

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:18 am
Assistant Director

p604 wrote:
It has occurred to me, because Miss Alexander has appeared in thor (Marvel Universe), might this prevent her playing a character from the DC comic universe.
It has never really worked for other people who have gone from one universe to the other i.e.
Ryan Reynolds,
Bryan Singer

Other people share the same concern. Now, Jaimie recently showed to be very keen to play Wonder Woman so I guess, there is a chance that she can do it , in particularly if she finds the character well written for the Justice League and even a solo movie. Again, I think that she can play the part and just hope that she gets hired and the character gets well developed by the screen writers :-)

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

This thread has been paid for and brought to you by Jaimie Alexander's PR team.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 pm
Assistant Director

PeachyPete wrote:
This thread has been paid for and brought to you by Jaimie Alexander's PR team.

lol. This thread has been been brought to you by a frequent movie watcher who will love to see Wonder Woman in the big screen hopefully played by Jaimie Alexander :-)

PS: I am not being paid and I don't think Jaimie has a PR team other that a bunch of enthusiastic fans like myself ;-)

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Attached a pic of Jaimie in full Lady Sif regalia and a big smile to cheer up the poorly kids at Children's Hospital Los Angeles . Marvel benefiting from this promotion but Warner Bros should think seriously in hiring her as Wonder Woman ;-)

Attachments:
JaimieSif.jpg
JaimieSif.jpg [ 56.27 KiB | Viewed 554 times ]

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Tim Beyers a finance analyst who eventually also writes about comics books/films and who has shown recently public support for Jaimie Alexander to play WW brings this interesting article of
4 Ways Wonder Woman Would Make ‘Batman vs. Superman’ a Better Movie

I would add that my feeling reading around the web on DC comics to films and that definitely resonate with myself is the fact that fans are more enthusiastic in seeing a Justice League film than this Superman/Batman duo one and the quicker that Warner Bros starts introducing other DC characters like Wonder Woman the better 8-)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Just created a related blog in the Comic Vine site 8-)

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Just created a related article in the Comic Book Movies site 8-)

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Attached a fan poster of Jaimie Alexander as Wonder Woman and another of Man of Steel 2 : Batman Vs Superman

Let me summarise facts and rumours for the film : Man of Steel 2 until today

Facts

Ben Affleck is Batman

Man of Steel 2 will see Batman and Superman in 'physical conflict' 11- Nov - 2013

Quote:
Speaking at a promotional event hosted by Kevin Smith, Snyder said, of the follow-up film: "Of course, some physical conflicts" will occur. This accords with the swirl of rumours around the film, which has led to it being subbed Batman vs Superman, ever since Snyder referred to the pair "facing off", as he spoke about Man of Steel 2 at Comic Con in July.
Snyder said: "The fun of the idea is to be able to play with that relationship. Whether they fight and become friends, or whether they're friends and they fight..."

Warner Bros casting call, for a "tall, brunette, athletic and exotic" actor for this movie to play a female lead

Jaimie Alexander had talks with Warner Bros about the Man of Steel 2

Quote:
So, by the end of the panel, we’d heard that Jaimie Alexander had had conversations with both Marvel and WB regarding their superhero movies, and that she knows things about the Batman vs. Superman film.

Jaimie Alexander says that Wonder Woman would a be cool job to do answering an hypothetical question from Jay Leno 14 Nov 2013

Rumour

Wonder Woman would be in "Superman vs Batman" movie

Quote:
Although the role could be for Batman/Bruce Wayne's love interest, the casting call, for a "tall, brunette, athletic and exotic" actor, Variety notes, sounds a lot like Wonder Woman.

Kurylenko, who recently starred opposite Tom Cruise in the science fiction thriller Oblivion and played a Bond girl in 2008's Quantum of Solace, is said to be competing with Gal Gadot from Fast and Furious and GI Joe: Retaliation's Élodie Yung. Thor: The Dark World actor Jaime Alexander also sparked suggestions she might be up for the role last month after confirming talks with Warner Bros, which owns the rights to the big screen version of the DC Comics character.

The Wonder Woman rumour makes sense, because Warner plans to follow the Man of Steel sequel with a Justice League movie, which like its print source will see Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and several minor heroes unite to protect the Earth.

Stay tuned...

Attachments:
Man of Steel 2.JPG
Man of Steel 2.JPG [ 50.16 KiB | Viewed 445 times ]
Jaimie as WW.JPG
Jaimie as WW.JPG [ 39.01 KiB | Viewed 446 times ]

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Fact

Wonder Woman will be in the Batman Superman movie and will be the 5' 9" (1.75 m) Gal Gadot (See attachment)

You have seen her in the Fast & Furious franchise. What do you think?

Zack Snyder opinion of the casting:

Quote:
“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”

Attachments:
Gal Gadot.JPG
Gal Gadot.JPG [ 23.58 KiB | Viewed 403 times ]

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Auteur

I love Gal Gadot, so i'm definitely A-OK with her being in the Batman-Superman movie.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:56 pm
Director

So Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman? That is like reverse Spider-man 3, and with Goyer writing... ugh.

Not sure about the choice. She can fight, but she has to beef way up to be in the presence with other two.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:24 pm
Director

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but personally I'd like Paula Patton.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm
Auteur

peng wrote:
So Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman? That is like reverse Spider-man 3, and with Goyer writing... ugh.

Not sure about the choice. She can fight, but she has to beef way up to be in the presence with other two.

Well I liked Spider-Man 3, so I don't consider that a bad thing at all.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm
Second Unit Director

This is fairly disappointing news for me. I like the Fast and Furious movies, but it's just filled from bottom to top with actors who can't act. Gal is a bad choice.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:44 pm
Auteur

Gedmud wrote:
This is fairly disappointing news for me. I like the Fast and Furious movies, but it's just filled from bottom to top with actors who can't act. Gal is a bad choice.

Strongly disagree, all the actors in that franchise have been pretty good, Gal is a great choice.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 pm
Producer

Gedmud wrote:

No I agree that some of the actors in Fast/Furious can't really act, but that's true in almost every action flick franchise I can think of. Instead of acting, these guys/gals get by on presence/badass-ity,etc. Just the nature of the beast. I wouldn't be that disheartened if it becomes true of Wonder Woman as well. Frankly, the role doesn't require a great thespian, so you can't blame great thespians for not being attracted to it.

Oh wow, I hadn't even read that Gal had been confirmed when I posted this. Looks like DC is going full throttle with JLA then. For the second sequel I suppose we can expect Lantern, Flash, perhaps even Martian Manhunter? Well I say, why not, provided a story is crafted around it.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 pm
Producer

Wonder Woman may turn out to be a more demanding role than other superhero characters. Actors cast as strong female leads have to walk a lot of tightropes in terms of audience expectations and social responsibility. It's not as simple a thing as, say, Batman, whose demands are 90% down to how good the actor's chin looks.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:26 pm
Producer

Ken wrote:
Wonder Woman may turn out to be a more demanding role than other superhero characters. Actors cast as strong female leads have to walk a lot of tightropes in terms of audience expectations and social responsibility. It's not as simple a thing as, say, Batman, whose demands are 90% down to how good the actor's chin looks.

Well, as Spidey-3 proved (imo), you can't do everything at once. I do think this movie runs the risk of overreaching itself, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple more months Snyder announces a casting decision for The Flash :roll: .

Then again, it's not hard to see where DC is coming from. Maybe they read about superhero fatigue on message boards and think to themselves "Shit, we better just get it all out there asap because we only have a handful of years left before the genre loses its appeal completely." And maybe they just don't want to let Marvel one-up them anymore, and I suppose it'll be interesting to see a super-woman who actually has super powers. I feel like they definitely have a specific premise up their sleeve, we'll just have to wait and see what it is.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next